Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
there was always a decision to be made... now we know that the alternative is Miami. Changes nothing really
Confidence was pretty high yesterday, even before Pitino's interview which all but took Louisville out of the running.

This has dragged on too long! Time to rescind the scholarship offer. I don't even want a kid who's disloyal enough to not choose us the minute we offer.
It really is ridiculous how these kids/young men are so thoughtless to our feelings. To take so long to make a difficult decision is completely ignoring our lack of patience.

Not sure how you interpreted that from Jake's post...
I think it's just the amount of time that's passed without a commitment. I'm getting a little nervous myself the longer we go without good news.

It really is ridiculous how these kids/young men are so thoughtless to our feelings. To take so long to make a difficult decision is completely ignoring our lack of patience.

Yeah, fans are scum.

Jake, are you implying that we should be worried? Or, merely pointing out that, given White's interests and UM's coaching, roster, conference, etc., that it's the only realistic potential threat?

Hell I'll say it, if I'm a neutral fan and it's between Miami and SU, I'm going to Miami. They are going to be good, and have been better than us the last few years. Same conference, great class coming in, Miami beaches and women.

That said... I'm not a neutral fan. See you in the Dome (and Chucks), Mr. White.

I think it's just the amount of time that's passed without a commitment. I'm getting a little nervous myself the longer we go without good news.
Looking at Miami's roster, they do make sense for white if what he is interested in is being the man. Young team. I am worried about Miami.

Hell I'll say it, if I'm a neutral fan and it's between Miami and SU, I'm going to Miami. They are going to be good, and have been better than us the last few years. Same conference, great class coming in, Miami beaches and women.

That said... I'm not a neutral fan. See you in the Dome (and Chucks), Mr. White.

Devil's Advocate: Underperformed in the tourney and no NBA success...

Devil's Advocate: Underperformed in the tourney and no NBA success...

Losing to the champions and higher seed? I guess. No NBA success because they haven't had a lot of NBA players.

Amount of time? He just visited this weekend. Not everyone we get is Lydon or Moyer and signs on the dotted line basically the minute we offer. Most of these guys take time. Look at the ridiculousness we had to deal with just to sign Thompson and Battle. If there's one thing you need to have when following recruiting, it's patience.

Miami is the school to worry about on that list.
Well, the good news is, if White were to visit the Canes, they cannot hand him off to Nevin Shapiro. So, that's something. And it's hot as right now in South Florida.

Yeah, fans are scum.
No fans are fans. We got all hyped up and then forget about the big picture. This kid has one year left to make some noise and get to the NBA. I am biased, but I would go with the school that has had a first round pick the past five years, the one that has put tons of guards into the NBA very recently. Miami has been a great program, and they will win some games, but SU went to a Final Four last year, he would be a key cog at a team that would be a contender AND a team that gets guys to the NBA. But, he should take his time to figure it out.

Miami is the school to worry about on that list.
Honestly if we don't bag white then I don't want to hear about percentages, odds or likelihoods ever again. If yurt was 75% and white is "highly likely" and we strike out on both... then all those prognostications do is get our hopes up only to be smashed to pieces. Look at how many pages we already have with updated rosters which talk white as a foregone conclusion.

Losing to the champions and higher seed? I guess. No NBA success because they haven't had a lot of NBA players.

Exactly. Who has Larranaga sent to the NBA. I wasn't just talking about last year. They lost to Marquette the year we went to the FF. They were the 2 seed.

SU certainly has some NBA drafting momentum the last few years. Especially with long guard type players. Let us hope it counts for something.

Looking at Miami's roster, they do make sense for white if what he is interested in is being the man. Young team. I am worried about Miami.
For once I'm hoping a kid is most interested in getting hyped for an NBA career. Coming off a final four run we'd be a top 10 team playing a final four rematch against UNC, revenge game for Virginia, games against probably #1 Duke... all would be big exposure for the kid here. As opposed to Miami which has bikinis... and people waiting for the football game.

Last edited:
Honestly if we don't bag white then I don't want to hear about percentages, odds or likelihoods ever again. If yurt was 75% and white is "highly likely" and we strike out on both... then all those prognostications do is get our hopes up only to be smashed to pieces. Look at how many pages we already have with updated rosters which talk white as a foregone conclusion.
Sometimes not posting anything can be a better idea.

No fans are fans. We got all hyped up and then forget about the big picture. This kid has one year left to make some noise and get to the NBA. I am biased, but I would go with the school that has had a first round pick the past five years, the one that has put tons of guards into the NBA very recently. Miami has been a great program, and they will win some games, but SU went to a Final Four last year, he would be a key cog at a team that would be a contender AND a team that gets guys to the NBA. But, he should take his time to figure it out.

The problem with fans is they think CBB is all about them. It's not. It's all about getting players drafted into the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom