Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell I'll say it, if I'm a neutral fan and it's between Miami and SU, I'm going to Miami. They are going to be good, and have been better than us the last few years. Same conference, great class coming in, Miami beaches and women.

That said... I'm not a neutral fan. See you in the Dome (and Chucks), Mr. White.
I must have missed Miami's Final Four appearances over the last few years.

Honestly if we don't bag white then I don't want to hear about percentages, odds or likelihoods ever again. If yurt was 75% and white is "highly likely" and we strike out on both... then all those prognostications do is get our hopes up only to be smashed to pieces. Look at how many pages we already have with updated rosters which talk white as a foregone conclusion.
insiders: please ignore the post above. he does not speak for the rest of us.

Honestly if we don't bag white then I don't want to hear about percentages, odds or likelihoods ever again. If yurt was 75% and white is "highly likely" and we strike out on both... then all those prognostications do is get our hopes up only to be smashed to pieces. Look at how many pages we already have with updated rosters which talk white as a foregone conclusion.
You do understand how probabilities work, right?

Hell I'll say it, if I'm a neutral fan and it's between Miami and SU, I'm going to Miami. They are going to be good, and have been better than us the last few years. Same conference, great class coming in, Miami beaches and women.

That said... I'm not a neutral fan. See you in the Dome (and Chucks), Mr. White.

SMH. All things being equal(read: playing time and getting the ball), you don't go to Miami to play basketball over Syracuse.

Amount of time? He just visited this weekend. Not everyone we get is Lydon or Moyer and signs on the dotted line basically the minute we offer. Most of these guys take time. Look at the ridiculousness we had to deal with just to sign Thompson and Battle. If there's one thing you need to have when following recruiting, it's patience.
In context obviously. No it hasn't been a lot of time... there also isn't a lot of time. It's not about patience it's about having watched recruiting for decades and trying to read tea leaves. Nobody knows... but we do know our odds drop. The longer it gets from his visit to cuse without saying yes. I'd still put them well above 50/50 though.

JB is working hard on recruiting:

Boeheim said he wasn't sure whether his long friendship with Wildhack would prompt conversation about moving that retirement date.

"I don't know exactly," he said. "I mean, I'm working hard on this year's team. We're trying to get a lot better for this coming year. I'm really focused on that right now."

When asked specifically whether he would stick to his retirement plan, Boeheim laughed.

"I'm not saying anything," he said.

Boeheim spoke by cell phone today. He was not in Syracuse when Wildhack's hire was announced.

"I'm recruiting," he said. "I'm working -- like my boss would like me to be."

Jim Boeheim, John Wildhack are longtime friends; will hire affect Boeheim's retirement?

Exactly. Who has Larranaga sent to the NBA. I wasn't just talking about last year. They lost to Marquette the year we went to the FF. They were the 2 seed.
Barry Larkin?

How old are you? Or should I say how young are you?

You could just ignore it if it bothers you that much. I wouldn't want people to stop posting that information. I get it that things can change.

insiders: please ignore the post above. he does not speak for the rest of us.
I never would have thought it needed to be said, but thank you for saying it anyway.

Hopefully FrancoPizza's post didn't cause all of our insiders to throw their phones/laptops across the room in a huff and declare to never provide info ever again.

I keed, I keed.

The problem with fans is they think CBB is all about them. It's not. It's all about getting players drafted into the NBA.
I guess it is different things to different people and all is good, so long we are conscious of the fact that not everyone feels the same as we do.

The problem with fans is they think CBB is all about them. It's not. It's all about getting players drafted into the NBA.

Isn't that like saying the NBA is all about paying players? I'd suggest there's more to it, on both levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom