Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but does Miami offer the same graduate program that Syracuse and Louisville do but Nebraska doesn't? Because THAT is the reason for graduate transfers, right? At this point it is all about academics and working for that advanced...

What's that? It is?

...Never mind.

I believe you are looking for "advanced degree." Perhaps "advanced diploma?" What else would it be about? ;)

He was just very political in his answers. I don't take much from it. He didn't say he wasn't taking other visits either. He's keeping a lot of this close to the vest.

What are the chances he says the visit went bad? The only positive we can really take from this is that he didn't SPECIFICALLY mention another visit, but he didn't deny it either

Hmm... Starting to wonder if the choice isn't really between Syracuse and International / D- League rather than a different school?

Hmm... Starting to wonder if the choice isn't really between Syracuse and International / D- League rather than a different school?
If International/D-League was a real option? Why not just declare for the draft?

Creator, I wish I was that hip. I love me some BIG and wished I had a great story for my name. My old handle was Roc44s before I moved to Chicago from Rochester about 10 years ago so as you can see I got real creative after I moved ;)
I hope you don't move to Dickens, IA.

He did, and then withdrew before the deadline
So with feedback that he wouldn't be drafted, withdrawal leaves his options open. He's missing summer league but that's it.

Longer this goes with no other schools mentioned the more I think this might be the decision he is making.

Last edited:
He did, and then withdrew before the deadline
I know. But if he thought DLeague/International was a serious option, he would have stayed in the draft, probably gotten a Summer League spot, and be playing now. Why withdraw from the draft if your plan is to go International or try to get a DLeague spot anyway? Especially when you could be in the SL now and impress enough to get a roster spot. Just makes no sense.

Why withdraw from the draft if your plan is to go International or try to get a DLeague spot anyway?
dunno, change of heart since returning to school? realizes he/family needs $$ sooner than later?

Again, it's starting to feel like the pendulum is swinging. Yesterday, Waters wrote one of his "subliminal endorsements." The subtext of today's article seems to be more along the lines of, "I figured he was coming here, what's going on?"

We went from Louisville being out of the running yesterday to Miami emerging as a contender today. Jake's 48-hour window is about to close. Some of the insiders who were confident yesterday don't appear as confident today (that's not criticism). That doesn't mean we're out of the running, and we could still very well be in the lead. To be clear, White can commit whenever he wants. I just get the sense that we're losing momentum. I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
You were the Lurker? Holy moly!

One of many, I am sure. Found the board back in the summer of '05. I was home from college and working nights stocking shelves at a Tops in the Mohawk Valley. After watching a poster get "Kaiser'd," and if I remember correctly it was sdhusky, I figured it would be best to remain on the sidelines and observe the overall etiquette of the board before I posted anything of significance. As it turns out I still have nothing of value to post. But it is better than remaining on the sidelines and watching.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, it's starting to feel like the pendulum is swinging. Yesterday, Waters wrote one of his "subliminal endorsements." The subtext of today's article seems to be more along the lines of, "I figured he was coming here, what's going on?"

We went from Louisville being out of the running yesterday to Miami emerging as a contender today. Jake's 48-hour window is about to close. Some of the insiders who were confident yesterday don't appear as confident today. That doesn't mean we're out of the running, and we could still very well be in the lead. And to be clear, White can commit whenever he wants. I just get the sense that we're losing momentum. I hope I'm wrong.
I didn't get that at all. I just took it as he's not making a rushed choice. But the fact that he brought his parents along and we were his first stop in a cramped time window is all good news. Yes I wish he would have committed already, but this kid figures this choice could be the difference between being drafted in the 1st round and making millions, or not. He's going to be really careful, talk to his parents... and THEN realize his best path to the NBA is through a Syracuse final four run as one of it's leading scorers.

I didn't get that at all. I just took it as he's not making a rushed choice. But the fact that he brought his parents along and we were his first stop in a cramped time window is all good news. Yes I wish he would have committed already, but this kid figures this choice could be the difference between being drafted in the 1st round and making millions, or not. He's going to be really careful, talk to his parents... and THEN realize his best path to the NBA is through a Syracuse final four run as one of it's leading scorers.

We went from Louisville being out of the running yesterday to Miami emerging as a contender today. Jake's 48-hour window is about to close. Some of the insiders who were confident yesterday don't appear as confident today (that's not criticism). That doesn't mean we're out of the running, and we could still very well be in the lead. To be clear, White can commit whenever he wants. I just get the sense that we're losing momentum. I hope I'm wrong.
I dont know, the whole basis of the article appears to be a couple texts. Dont know how you read anything into it. I can see why MW did this little article given the hi interest in the SU community, but i see no evidence whatsoever that MW even asked him what schools he is still considering. i guess the tidbit about the parents and AWs quotes about SU make the article worth reading

I know. But if he thought DLeague/International was a serious option, he would have stayed in the draft, probably gotten a Summer League spot, and be playing now. Why withdraw from the draft if your plan is to go International or try to get a DLeague spot anyway? Especially when you could be in the SL now and impress enough to get a roster spot. Just makes no sense.

Withdrawal leaves the grad transfer option open. If he was unsure about D league or international option withdrawal was the smart play. I'm probably wrong but sometimes the simplest option is the correct one.

Last edited:
My sources are still very confident and say his parents like the 'Cuse.

I'm driving back from DC and will post more as I get information.

The 4th was my birthday :)

The 2nd was mine; happy birthday to a fellow Cancer.

Your words carry serious weight around here now, you earned that. DC traffic can be brutal. Safe travels, my Orange brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom