Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of many, I am sure. Found the board back in the summer of '05. I was home from college and working nights stocking shelves at a Tops in the Mowhawk Valley. After watching a poster get "Kaiser'd," and if I remember correctly it was sdhusky, I figured it would be best to remain on the sidelines and observe the overall etiquette of the board before I posted anything of significance. As it turns out I still have nothing of value to post. But it is better than remaining on the sidelines and watching.
Well if it was sdhusky...I'm positive that he deserved it.:cool:

Only 1% of the people here have anything of value to say, the rest of us are all basically lurkers.

Well if it was sdhusky...I'm positive that he deserved it.:cool:

Only 1% of the people here have anything of value to say, the rest of us are all basically lurkers.

I understood at that moment that this wasn't a typical "Wild West" sports forum; there was an etiquette and certain hierarchy. Most first-time poster should take a lesson from that. Pretty sure I didn't post for a year or two after you "Kaiser'd" him, but I got the message. I remember it very well.

I understood at that moment that this wasn't a typical "Wild West" sports forum; there was an etiquette and certain hierarchy. Most first-time poster should take a lesson from that. Pretty sure I didn't post for a year or two after you "Kaiser'd" him, but I got the message. I remember it very well.
Bees, Jake, CTO, tomcat...with help from a few nameless storz folk, had created a great spot, it got a little nutty after the YOM (Year Of Melo) and I just tried to fill a void that an admin couldn't really do.

Glad you still here and don't visit the Game of Thrones thread on the Entertainment Board!! It's up to date.

Not sure if this was already linked, but Waters just posted an article talking about AW3's SU visit. Everything seemed to be positive. No mention of Miami, although they could be in the mix behind the scenes (no visit tho). You can tell from his comments that White's not green behind the ears at this point. He's smart enough to see that SU's loaded for a long tourney run, and he's high on our ace recruiter (Red). Linkage: Nebraska transfer Andrew White discusses his recent visit to Syracuse

Syracuse, N.Y. — Andrew White III, a graduate transfer from Nebraska, visited the Syracuse University campus this past weekend and came away impressed with the Orange basketball program's tradition and the Orange's prospects for the 2016-17 season.

White, a 6-foot-7 guard, averaged 16.6 points and 5.9 rebounds for Nebraska last season. White, a native of Richmond, Va., graduated in June and then decided to spend his last season of collegiate eligibility at another school.

He made his first visit to Syracuse last weekend.

"Had a really good visit with my parents at Syracuse,'' White said via text message. "The coaches seem to have a pretty good playing situation, along with a chance to win big.''

White would seem to be a good fit for the Orange. Syracuse currently has just nine scholarship players on its 2016-17 roster. If Syracuse's current roster has any weakness, it might be in perimeter shooting. White made 41 percent of his 3-pointers last season.

White said that SU assistant coach Adrian Autry had been in charge of his recruitment.

"Coach Autry has been very good and consistent in recruiting me,'' White said in the text message. "Seems like a great staff and obviously a strong tradition.''

White was a Top 50 recruit in the 2012 class coming out of The Miller School in Richmond, Va. He originally signed with Kansas. After two seasons with the Jayhawks, White transferred to Nebraska.

White sat out the 2014-15 season and then started all 34 games for the Cornhuskers last year.

Louisville, Cincinnati and Virginia Commonwealth have reportedly expressed interest in White. He did not indicate whether he had scheduled any other campus visits.

Post #881. Almost 2 pages back.

Didn't read it then, but did now, so at least 1 person got some use of the double post.

White comes here...he starts from Day 1.
Just curious, who doesnt start, in your opinion? Gillon, Battle, Roberson? I agree he would likely start or at least play starters mins, just have no feeling whether it would be at 2 or 3. If i had to guess- 3

Jack Hall said:
Just curious, who doesnt start, in your opinion? Gillon, Battle, Roberson? I agree he would likely start or at least play starters mins, just have no feeling whether it would be at 2 or 3. If i had to guess- 3

Gilly, no doubt...just wondering what promises we made Johnny. I could also see Lydon playing a Waiters role for the betterment of the squad.

Last edited:
I think all 4 seniors would start the game... so Gillon, White, Lydon, Roberson, DC2. I think game on the line minutes are Battle, white, Lydon, Chukwu, and Gillon/Roberson depending on game flow and need.

Battle
Gillon
AW
Roberson
Coleman

That's my entirely uneducated guess.

ETA damn forgot Roberson. This team really has potential to be pretty sick if we get AW.

Gillon
Battle
White
Lydon
Roberson

Howard spells the 1 & 2 a bit and DC & Chuckwu shuffle it up down low.

Moyer and TT get minutes in November & December

Didn't read it then, but did now, so at least 1 person got some use of the double post.

White comes here...he starts from Day 1.

I think that's part of his indecision. There is no guarantee of starting. IMO, I just don't see JB not starting Battle, Lydon, Roberson and Coleman. That leaves 1 spot.

BTW, what was with the alert I got a couple hours ago that said you liked a post of mine...from 5 years ago? LOL.

I think all 4 seniors would start the game... so Gillon, White, Lydon, Roberson, DC2. I think game on the line minutes are Battle, white, Lydon, Chukwu, and Gillon/Roberson depending on game flow and need.
Nothing wrong with showing loyalty to Seniors! Well except 2 of them would be new guys. So i dont mind your starting lineup at all. But then some posters have mentioned bringing in Pascal and a couple other fresh guys off the bench and pressing the heck out of the other team after 5 or so mins. Sounds good to me

Can't see Battle coming off the bench.

I think Battle/DC/Roberson are locks to start - as far as the other 2 spots, I'm not sure. Although Roberson's game could be sick off the bench, to me he's the type that he doesn't lock in the first 4 minutes of the game, you've probably lost him for the game - can't see JB having him start the game on the bench.

I honestly see Gillon/Battle/AW3/Roberson/DC. I think we need a ball handler and facilator in the game, and TL comes off the bench a la Dion, like most have said.

I think that's part of his indecision. There is no guarantee of starting. IMO, I just don't see JB not starting Battle, Lydon, Roberson and Coleman. That leaves 1 spot.

BTW, what was with the alert I got a couple hours ago that said you liked a post of mine...from 5 years ago? LOL.
Bah ... I don't like when players are scared of competition.

Dion didn't start, KrisJo didn't start (well, not right away at least). White will most likely get 30+ mpg no matter what. Him, Battle and Lydon will all get plenty of PT -- who knows about the rest

Day2 said:
Again, it's starting to feel like the pendulum is swinging. Yesterday, Waters wrote one of his "subliminal endorsements." The subtext of today's article seems to be more along the lines of, "I figured he was coming here, what's going on?" We went from Louisville being out of the running yesterday to Miami emerging as a contender today. Jake's 48-hour window is about to close. Some of the insiders who were confident yesterday don't appear as confident today (that's not criticism). That doesn't mean we're out of the running, and we could still very well be in the lead. To be clear, White can commit whenever he wants. I just get the sense that we're losing momentum. I hope I'm wrong.

Will you please stop whining, you'll know soon enough one way or the other.

I love Lydon in the Waiters/Joseph spot.

I just can't see a potential lottery pick and 1st team ACC player coming off the bench. I know JB is loyal, but Coleman isn't talented enough to start on next year's team.

Gillon
Battle
White
Lydon
Chukwu

Robey 6th man of the year.

He put up 16 and 5 and was honorable mention all conference in the 2nd best conference in cbb. I gotta think he will get starters minutes.

I see Gillon Battle Lydon Roberson DC with Aw3 , Howard, Pascal coming quickly off the bench. But if AW3 has a prob with not starting, i am confident Lydon would take a bullet for him.

The lineup i would be most excited to see: Gillon, Battle, AW3, Lydon, Pascal. That could be the crunch time lineup imo. No disrespect to Roberson, DC, Howard. I think 8 play a lot either way

And obviously , in terms of crunch time lineup, foul shooting is a big part of that

One of many, I am sure. Found the board back in the summer of '05. I was home from college and working nights stocking shelves at a Tops in the Mowhawk Valley. After watching a poster get "Kaiser'd," and if I remember correctly it was sdhusky, I figured it would be best to remain on the sidelines and observe the overall etiquette of the board before I posted anything of significance. As it turns out I still have nothing of value to post. But it is better than remaining on the sidelines and watching.

Your posts are significant as any of mine.

I just can't see a potential lottery pick and 1st team ACC player coming off the bench. I know JB is loyal, but Coleman isn't talented enough to start on next year's team.

Gillon
Battle
White
Lydon
Chukwu

Robey 6th man of the year.
Dion went from being on the NBA radar to being a top 5 lotto pick off the bench. It matters who finishes the game.

I just have a hard time seeing Robey producing off the bench. What are the chances that you will get a more "plugged-in Robey" off the bench than you would as a starter? To me, the chances are higher of getting a plugged-in Robey by starting him.

DC will be a token starter probably.

It seems the consensus the past 2 pages has been that Battle and AW3 would start, but the other 3 spots are up for grabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom