Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.
But - Howard did get better later in the season, and earned PT in big games.

G is 1000x better on D than a guy like AW3.
He was always good, and became very good w/ his years of experience playing our zone.

Since you brought up the G and AW3 comparison - AW3 is just like G, only with:
slightly better 3 point shooting
better rebounding (note: he was playing on a team of Smurfs, so by default he was their 'best' rebounder)
zero passing (like 1/2 of an assist/game - talk about your black holes.)
much worse D
worse ballhandling
zero playmaking (see: assist stat)
much less game experience (minimal run 2 years at KU, a redshirt year, 1 year of starting)

Listen - I really hope we get the guy.
But, he's not G - he's Southy, at best. And we'd take that in a heartbeat right now.

I didn't bring up the G/AW3 comparison - I said in my post they weren't the same players. But in terms of height/measurables, they are similar. My point was that tall guys have worked before at the top of the zone (Cipolla was 6-7, too).

WHITE POWER!!!

betty1f-1-web.jpg

"We're still in hot pursuit of other guys to help us. We're in good position for this year.'' -Jim Boeheim

This is very interesting. I wonder if JB knew about AW3 abilities before he came to visit. Maybe the staff keeps a list of potential grad transfers so if one becomes available they can be ready. I think they are probably reaction based.

JB said "guys". I wonder who the other person might be.

btw, Andy Katz is a .

"We're still in hot pursuit of other guys to help us. We're in good position for this year.'' -Jim Boeheim

This is very interesting. I wonder if JB knew about AW3 abilities before he came to visit. Maybe the staff keeps a list of potential grad transfers so if one becomes available they can be ready. I think they are probably reaction based.

JB said "guys". I wonder who the other person might be.

btw, Andy Katz is a .
Might have been to get a little leverage on AW.

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally during the summer months this board is totally dead. As crazy as the TT thread was and how crazy this one is becoming, I'm thankful for them. It's way better than 10 post a day on will we play more man next season. What is your starting line up next season. Will JB go more than 8 deep.

Even know the admins have had their hands full with the stupid post in each thread, at least their is some content on here to keep us entertained during the dog days of Summer.

Seriously.

"Here's an idea: let's start every game with our best player and a likely Top 10 2017 NBA Draft pick on the bench."

Brilliant!

We did it w Dion. That worked out ok.

Lydon did pretty well coming off the bench last year too.

Seriously.

"Here's an idea: let's start every game with our best player and a likely Top 10 2017 NBA Draft pick on the bench."

Brilliant!
We did it with eventual #4 overall pick Dion Waiters.

Not saying it's the right call, but we did it

We did it w Dion. That worked out ok.
We did it with eventual #4 overall pick Dion Waiters.

Not saying it's the right call, but we did it
Dion (1) was not considered our best player going into the 2011-12 season, (2) came off the bench because he was a bit of a head case, and (3) was only a Top 10 pick because the Cavs were stupid.

Last edited:
Wanted to be the 1,000th post on this thread and really hope we land this kid

Dion (1) was not considered our best player going into the 2011-12 season, (2) came off the bench because he was a bit of a head case, and (3) was only a Top 10 pick because the Cavs were stupid.
I'm not arguing any of those points as I agree with them.

To play devils advocate, Dion was considered by somebody (the Cavs) to be our best player coming out of the season. As he showed he was an elite player, JB could have adjusted to starting him, which he didn't do.

Doesn't matter why he was a top 4 pick, he was. If we went down the long list of guys who were only picked so high because management of _____ team is stupid, it would be pretty endless. Hell if the Pistons didn't take Darko, Melo would already have a damn ring, and his career path would have been drastically different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom