Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 68 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know is that I'm going to breathe a sigh of relief if / when the kid finally announces for us. Would hate to lose him at this point now that I've got him mentally penciled into the lineup.

Agree 100% with many posters who've speculated that with White, we are a top 10 team -- maybe better.

Or the decision is already made, the coaching staff informed, financial paperwork and graduate admission details being finalized. Until this is done the staff can't comment and since the player is not addicted to social media the decision isn't public yet. We know so much more about recruiting today due to Twitter and instagram and Facebook but when a kid isn't active on those platforms it causes speculation to run wild.
Maybe, but why would he choose to keep it quiet then? Not like he's completely inactive there. A commitment would be worth announcing even as courtesy to other schools and their fans.

Or the decision is already made, the coaching staff informed, financial paperwork and graduate admission details being finalized. Until this is done the staff can't comment and since the player is not addicted to social media the decision isn't public yet. We know so much more about recruiting today due to Twitter and instagram and Facebook but when a kid isn't active on those platforms it causes speculation to run wild.

Or there could be an admissions process / delay, depending on which program he's applying to.

This situation reminds me of Battle as far as the timing. Obviously, White's a grad transfer, not coming out of HS. But both players are coming from other schools (Nebraska, Michigan) and both have taken only one visit -- SU. It was a couple weeks with Tyus too. So with all we've heard and no concrete evidence of another visit, my non-insider take is that this is probably a done deal for SU with transfer/admission details to sort out.

Last edited:
This situation reminds me of Battle in some ways. Obviously, White's a grad transfer, not coming out of HS. But both players are coming from other schools (Nebraska, Michigan) and both have taken only one visit -- SU. It was a couple weeks with Tyus too. So with all we've heard and no concrete evidence of another visit, my non-insider take is that this is probably a done deal for SU with transfer/admission details to sort out.
Probably, but its not over til hes here or he officially signs something. Otherwise he can back out just like Battle did with Mich. its a tough world out there

I do not believe the delay has anything to do with playing time, he shot 40% from 3 at 6-7 and scored double digits in the big ten. He had potential 2nd round grade in draft. If he would struggle to get playing time Battle is going to be like Malachi, Gillon is 4 inches taller, and Frank Howard makes a huge leap in progression. If all those things are true, not sure the team needs him. I think Battle will need some time to grow, Frank Howard will be similar to last year. I believe due to this White and Gillon will either start or Battle will be in their but will get the quick hook if he makes a mistake for one of the two.

I think the Staff is confident we will land him as Orangeman13 has pointed out. But they also felt the same way about the European kid who went to NCST.
Yurtseven also visited NC State - as far as we know, AW3 has not taken or plans to take any other visits. Yegorange is right, that is the list of schools that is interested in him, not necessarily vice-a-versa.

I do not believe the delay has anything to do with playing time, he shot 40% from 3 at 6-7 and scored double digits in the big ten. He had potential 2nd round grade in draft. If he would struggle to get playing time Battle is going to be like Malachi, Gillon is 4 inches taller, and Frank Howard makes a huge leap in progression. If all those things are true, not sure the team needs him. I think Battle will need some time to grow, Frank Howard will be similar to last year. I believe due to this White and Gillon will either start or Battle will be in their but will get the quick hook if he makes a mistake for one of the two.
Theres plenty of mins to go around with an 8 man rotation. I see at least 3 guys playing over 30 mins next year. Who are the 3? Lydon, White, Gillon? Lydon, White, Battle? All 4 of those? TRob or Paschal over 30? Who knows but i assume Lydon and White at least will get roughly 30 or more

Maybe, but why would he choose to keep it quiet then? Not like he's completely inactive there. A commitment would be worth announcing even as courtesy to other schools and their fans.
Some kids want the attention more than others, like other posters have said, this isn't a 17 year old.

Unless there's a chance he may not qualify for admission somehow, I don't see how the transfer process itself - including any possible delay - affect the announcement of his commitment. As confident as the staff may be according to 3 reports here, that he hasn't announced means he is still evaluating options. Don't think it's a show or posturing. But we are his best option, so in the end he'll be here ... hopefully.

Some kids want the attention more than others, like other posters have said, this isn't a 17 year old.
Absolutely. But the very fact he's not too active on social media would seem to indicate otherwise. There's really not much talk about him because of it. He'd get much more out of announcing and getting media hype for himself and the team's resulting improvement.

I disagree with you. If White comes here, he plays a lot. So will Gillon. So will Battle and Lydon.
So the 4 year guy who we don't sniff the final four last year without sits next year and plays less than two one year transfers? Not sure I agree with your analysis there.

So the 4 year guy who we don't sniff the final four last year without sits next year and plays less than two one year transfers? Not sure I agree with your analysis there.
We know the story with Robey. If he's "plugged in" it will be really hard for JB to take him out, but there is no doubt now that JB can really shorten the leash with him because compared to last year, he has a lot more options.

I think we might see games where Robey gets 32 minutes, and other games where he gets 10.

I'm not a huuuge fan Lydon playing big time minutes at the 5 because of fouls, etc. But JB's hand might be forced if Lydon, Robey and AW3 are all playing well.

I agree with Dasher about the PT for Lydon, Battle and White - those guys will get their minutes regardless. As far as PC/DC Gillon/Howard and Robey, it's really anyones guess. Howard is the obvious odd man out.Moyer and TT might steals minutes here and there, but I don't think we'll see a whole lot o fthem this year if AW3 comes

We know the story with Robey. If he's "plugged in" it will be really hard for JB to take him out, but there is no doubt now that JB can really shorten the leash with him because compared to last year, he has a lot more options.

I think we might see games where Robey gets 32 minutes, and other games where he gets 10.

I'm not a huuuge fan Lydon playing big time minutes at the 5 because of fouls, etc. But JB's hand might be forced if Lydon, Robey and AW3 are all playing well.

I agree with Dasher about the PT for Lydon, Battle and White - those guys will get their minutes regardless. As far as PC/DC Gillon/Howard and Robey, it's really anyones guess. Howard is the obvious odd man out.Moyer and TT might steals minutes here and there, but I don't think we'll see a whole lot o fthem this year if AW3 comes
Agree with almost everything, except that I think Howard plays more than Moyer and TT. The freshmen bigs may be the odd men out this year.

That is the list of schools reportedly pursuing him. Doesn't necessarily mean they're on his list. As to why Miami is interested? Probably going for best available immediate help.
It is more than that, Larranaga and White have a history going back to HS.

Man-Hits-Football-Into-Basketball-Hoop-With-Golf-Club.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors