Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 69 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're checking the board all day and all night
hoping it's Orange for that dude Andrew White
So far we've assembled a formidable roster
and this upcoming season should be quite a monster

Departures it seemed left our numbers eroded
but JB and Hop just simply reloaded
With TT, and Chuckwu, Moyer and Battle
it now looks like Cuse is back in the Saddle!

With PC and DC in place at the five
we've got strength and great length and we'll eat 'em alive.
In the Dome there'll be cheers and robust loud laughter
when Chuckwu swats shots high into the rafters!

Roby we'll watch rise up as he soars
during each game as he collects a few dozen boards!
Lydon we know will be a tremendous sensation
he's no doubt among the best kids in the nation

We'll climb up the polls until we are highest
with play from frosh phenom who's first name is Tyus!
Other teams certainly are sure to get cranky
when we sub in such talent as Moyer and Frankie!

From the trolls on the board we'll hear narry a peep
cuz at each dang position we're two or three deep!
Pearl, though in spirit, will round out the team
and be felt by us all as we pursue this year's dream

So Andrew come now and be part of the reason
that Cuse will embark on a Championship Season
Let's close the deal and let's finally seal it...
This Year Is All OURS... WE ALL CAN JUST FEEL IT!!!!

LGO!!!!

Last edited:
Man-Hits-Football-Into-Basketball-Hoop-With-Golf-Club.gif

Stay on topic:

Thank you. I appreciate your appreciation of my efforts!

Save me a Duvel, or a LaTrappe Quad (formally Konningshoven before loosing the Trappist label), or an Abt 12, or a Henipen, or a . . . . . You get the idea.

LGO!!!!
Okay, Flacusian, that is just AWESOME! I love how you start out, "hoping it's Orange for that dude Andrew White" - clever! I love how you invoke the spirit of Pearl. I love how you found the energy to create that poem during the the sluggish summer off-season. I do so wish White could see it! You also might put this on the regular basketball forum because more people might see it there. (Of course, maybe everyone who goes on the basketball forum also checks this recruitment forum, and I am the only one who found it lately.) Just tell people, "Beadle made me do it." That's kind of a good line in any event, isn't it? Has a nice ring to it.

Lastly, I am going to copy and send to all my Cuse fan friends, and I am assuming that will be A-okay. This has been such a grim week. How nice it is to read something and smile!

Not really. He recruited him and White wasn't interested. That's the extent of it.
Then why is he going to visit Miami?

Okay, Flacusian, that is just AWESOME! I love how you start out, "hoping it's Orange for that dude Andrew White" - clever! I love how you invoke the spirit of Pearl. I love how you found the energy to create that poem during the the sluggish summer off-season. I do so wish White could see it! You also might put this on the regular basketball forum because more people might see it there. (Of course, maybe everyone who goes on the basketball forum also checks this recruitment forum, and I am the only one who found it lately.) Just tell people, "Beadle made me do it." That's kind of a good line in any event, isn't it? Has a nice ring to it.

Lastly, I am going to copy and send to all my Cuse fan friends, and I am assuming that will be A-okay. This has been such a grim week. How nice it is to read something and smile!
It's all good. Feel free to do with it whatever you may like.:)

Papadakis said:
There is nothing on internet about Andrew White and a visit to Miami, Google last post on him was 3 days ago on the SU visit. Is their any other info out there.

I think the difference is the network of insiders that SU has relative to Miami. And the amount of people that actually care about each program.

LGO!!!!

This thread has it all!

Dave you remind of Uncle Frank from the movie One Crazy Summer when it comes to the TT and AW recruitment the last few months. He was the guy waiting all summer for the one song to play to win a ton of cash if he was the right caller. Just substitute the radio/phone for a computer and that is Dave, lol.
ApGUJ5.gif

So the 4 year guy who we don't sniff the final four last year without sits next year and plays less than two one year transfers? Not sure I agree with your analysis there.
"If I had anyone else, he wouldn't play". Robey will play a lot. But gillon and white will play a lot as well. They didn't come here to sit.

"If I had anyone else, he wouldn't play". Robey will play a lot. But gillon and white will play a lot as well. They didn't come here to sit.
the use of "gillon AND white" / "THEY didn't come here" suggests White is indeed signing. So what of this Miami speculation?

I was bored today and watched all but the last 4 minutes of Nebraska vs Miami game from the ACC B1G challenge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgYzgW3gSgs&feature=youtu.be
This was not one of AW3’s best games, but I think you can get a good feel for the type of player he is.

As RF and many other people have said on this forum. He is NOT a shooting guard. He barely if ever puts the ball on the floor in the first 36 minutes of this game I counted 23 dribbles all together. 12 in the first half and 11 in the second. (To compare Angel Rodriguez dribbled the ball 26 times in a possession of this game) He is more of a DNic or Sutherland type player, except smaller, but stronger. I did not see him turn the corner once while dribbling. He takes at most 2 dribbles and then pulls up, passes, or turns it over. So I agree that he is NOT a shooting guard and I would be surprised if he played a minute at the 2 all year. He spends about 85% of the time on the perimeter and they didn’t pass him the ball much in this game. He is not great at getting his own shot.

However, the other team never left him. He will definitely help spread the floor.

I have seen a few people on here say that he was the best player on that team. After watching this game and looking at the stats I would say he was the second best player behind Shavon Shields. Shields always draws the other team’s best defender.

Also White was their best rebounder. On free throw shots he was always down on the block. There was a time where Jakri was the only one for Miami lined up for a rebound and White switched with their center so that he could be the one to box him out.

I do believe he will be a very good player for us at the 3, and will help spread the floor. He will give us a lot of options! Hopefully we get him!

I was bored today and watched all but the last 4 minutes of Nebraska vs Miami game from the ACC B1G challenge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgYzgW3gSgs&feature=youtu.be
This was not one of AW3’s best games, but I think you can get a good feel for the type of player he is.

As RF and many other people have said on this forum. He is NOT a shooting guard. He barely if ever puts the ball on the floor in the first 36 minutes of this game I counted 23 dribbles all together. 12 in the first half and 11 in the second. (To compare Angel Rodriguez dribbled the ball 26 times in a possession of this game) He is more of a DNic or Sutherland type player, except smaller, but stronger. I did not see him turn the corner once while dribbling. He takes at most 2 dribbles and then pulls up, passes, or turns it over. So I agree that he is NOT a shooting guard and I would be surprised if he played a minute at the 2 all year. He spends about 85% of the time on the perimeter and they didn’t pass him the ball much in this game. He is not great at getting his own shot.

However, the other team never left him. He will definitely help spread the floor.

I have seen a few people on here say that he was the best player on that team. After watching this game and looking at the stats I would say he was the second best player behind Shavon Shields. Shields always draws the other team’s best defender.

Also White was their best rebounder. On free throw shots he was always down on the block. There was a time where Jakri was the only one for Miami lined up for a rebound and White switched with their center so that he could be the one to box him out.

I do believe he will be a very good player for us at the 3, and will help spread the floor. He will give us a lot of options! Hopefully we get him!
Yep my guess is he will be backside of zone. When he is out there w Lydon, Paschal we will have plenty of scoring, rebounding, and shot blocking. Tough tough lineup no matter who the guards are. When he is out there with say Roberson and Paschal or DC - rebounding and defense may get a little better . Will be interesting to see what JB goes with as the go to lineup, ie his best defensive lineup or the best offensive one. JB usually goes with defense but otoh lately he has been putting the best all around (skillwise) ballers out there as much as possible. Imo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors