Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 89 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't see you on the felt today???????
Are you there now? I am in my room after playing a cash game session? If you are playing a tyoruney let me.

Alsacs said:
If a team is going to fly me onto campus and treat me like a king I would go on the official visit. Even if I wanted to go to another school it makes sense to use your visits.

Actually as a transfer I don't believe the school can pay. Makes me think there is some interest or was at some time but pretty confident based on what I read here that this one will turn out our way.

NOTHING HAS CHANGED. He clearly told SU he likes what his role WILL BE on our team next year AND he knows MSU is loaded with guards.

I stand by what I heard yesterday and again this morning. I waited to post so I could get confirmation. He is coming to Syracuse. Unless MSU gives him a hooker or something ;)

This implies that AW was told he will play 2G at Syracuse. If true, RF2044 will be bursting into flames of rage and hatred in 3... 2...

This implies that AW was told he will play 2G at Syracuse. If true, RF2044 will be bursting into flames of rage and hatred in 3... 2...

It doesn't imply anything of the sort--that's quite a leap of logic on your part.

And why would I be enraged about him coming here? Landing this kid is the difference between being borderline top 25 and being a legit top 10 or better national title contender.

Actually as a transfer I don't believe the school can pay. Makes me think there is some interest or was at some time but pretty confident based on what I read here that this one will turn out our way.

The B1G changed that policy around ~2012

It doesn't imply anything of the sort--that's quite a leap of logic on your part.

And why would I be enraged about him coming here? Landing this kid is the difference between being borderline top 25 and being a legit top 10 or better national title contender.

I'm poking a little fun at you my friend. You've been virulently intolerant of any AW playing 2G talk. I'm not saying you don't want him to come to SU, I am saying if he does come here and play 2G, your head will explode. Supposed to be a little bit funny. Ease up some!

I'm poking a little fun at you my friend. You've been virulently intolerant of any AW playing 2G talk. I'm not saying you don't want him to come to SU, I am saying if he does come here and play 2G, your head will explode. Supposed to be a little bit funny. Ease up some!

Not intolerant, I just don't think he has a 2G game. I love White's capabilities, but a guy who doesn't dribble, make plays off of the bounce, or pass the ball effectively probably doesn't fit at guard. Especially in a starting backcourt that some project, with a frosh combo guard manning the other starting position. Really, his only skill that projects to guard is outside shooting; not much else in his game suggests guard.

Others have made similar observations about his size, stature, lateral mobility, etc. and how that might make it difficult for him to play up top in the zone. Defense is an important part of our system, but I think people focus on the wrong attribute with White [his size] projecting him up top, without recognizing the subtler aspects of his game that don't translate to that position.

I'd be very surprised if he ends up playing in the backcourt here, that's all. Would love to have him select the 'Cuse so we could all find out.

Of course he will play the 2. Not even an ounce of doubt.
Why? because it is the only position that he can play professionally.

The only thing that there isn't an ounce of doubt about is that JB isn't going to play somebody at a position where he won't be most effective for the team so that said player can audition for the NBA.

I imagine that any talk JB had with the family about White fitting in and being featured at SU was more about his role in the offense and how many minutes / shots the staff envisions he'd get, not guaranteeing he'll play guard.

IF White chooses to go elsewhere, it will likely be due to him not wanting to play zone, so that it wouldn't be considered a black mark against his already borderline profile. I doubt he'd play guard at MSU, either, given their personnel. :noidea:

Not intolerant, I just don't think he has a 2G game. I love White's capabilities, but a guy who doesn't dribble, make plays off of the bounce, or pass the ball effectively probably doesn't fit at guard. Especially in a starting backcourt that some project, with a frosh combo guard manning the other starting position. Really, his only skill that projects to guard is outside shooting; not much else in his game suggests guard.

Others have made similar observations about his size, stature, lateral mobility, etc. and how that might make it difficult for him to play up top in the zone. Defense is an important part of our system, but I think people focus on the wrong attribute with White [his size] projecting him up top, without recognizing the subtler aspects of his game that don't translate to that position.

I'd be very surprised if he ends up playing in the backcourt here, that's all. Would love to have him select the 'Cuse so we could all find out.

Think James Southerland

The only thing that there isn't an ounce of doubt about is that JB isn't going to play somebody at a position where he won't be most effective for the team so that said player can audition for the NBA.

I imagine that any talk JB had with the family about White fitting in and being featured at SU was more about his role in the offense and how many minutes / shots the staff envisions he'd get, not guaranteeing he'll play guard.

IF White chooses to go elsewhere, it will likely be due to him not wanting to play zone, so that it wouldn't be considered a black mark against his already borderline profile. I doubt he'd play guard at MSU, either, given their personnel. :noidea:
I didnt say he was going to play the 2 for Syracuse

I didnt say he was going to play the 2 for Syracuse

Fair enough. But of the schools he's been linked to, he wouldn't play 2 for Louisville or MSU, either. Maybe VCU, probably not--he'd be a BIG guy on their squad. So where?

It would have been great to lock White up right after his visit, like some suggested might happen. But I have zero problem with him exploring his options, so if he chooses to come here he'll know that he made the right choice.

Here's hoping that Red's strong Virginia presence on the recruiting trail pays off.

Guys we are loaded without this kid. Landing TT and JG was critical. Yes White would be a great addition if the chemistry is solid which it probably is if JB offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom