Class of 2018 - SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

I think it’s a result of laziness on their part. I mean when he went through EYBL they way he did and did what he did at the Peach Jam he should have been way higher. He was very transparent about his plan and where he wanted to go and didn’t really even look at being recruited until late because his parents encouraged him to look at the process. So the services aren’t going to be focused on him. It’s like when a kid commits very early and slides down the list or gets hurt but you know he is coming back and he slides. The kid shot over 50% from 3 and led City Rocks in scoring for a few games and this is against the best kids in the country. He can shoot and has proven it. There is a good chance he makes more 3’s in his career than any kid has in the history of our program. That is what I think he is capable of.
I know he can shoot. I know he is an extremely hard worker. He will be a good player for us. I am not willing to say that a number of different ratings services are all lazy and don't know their job.

I know he can shoot. I know he is an extremely hard worker. He will be a good player for us. I am not willing to say that a number of different ratings services are all lazy and don't know their job.
I’m not trying to say the don’t know their jobs. I mean he is not a top 50 kid and once you get close to 100 and below it isn’t as scrutinized and they probably don’t have a reason to spend the time to put him above other kids. I think he is going to be much better than his ranking and surprise people fairly early on.

I’m not trying to say the don’t know their jobs. I mean he is not a top 50 kid and once you get close to 100 and below it isn’t as scrutinized and they probably don’t have a reason to spend the time to put him above other kids. I think he is going to be much better than his ranking and surprise people fairly early on.
lol I swear, I thought you liked your own post. Very close handles.

andy rautins was a 2 star. if buddy can give us even 75% of what andy did, he'll be a steal.
i'm not debating how good Buddy will be. I think he will be a good player for us. Very good. I think I said that.

i'm not debating how good Buddy will be. I think he will be a good player for us. Very good. I think I said that.
i know. just pointing out that the star guys can be way off on guys with buddy's skill set

andy rautins was a 2 star. if buddy can give us even 75% of what andy did, he'll be a steal.

This is an excellent point.
And I think Buddy may be a little further along physically than Andy was at that point too - dude was a stick figure when he first got to Cuse.

Plus, he'll have "all the intangibles, coach's son, plays the game the right way, leaves it all out on the floor, scrapper, gamer, high BB IQ, kind of kid you'd want your daughter to date, yada yada yada" thing going for him too. ;)

How do you always catch me. And you got me to laugh out loud on that one.
It's not right for you to carry the vendetta you have for JB onto his son. Let it go man.

It's not right for you to carry the vendetta you have for JB onto his son. Let it go man.

I am very confident in stating that Dasher wants what is best for the program 1st!

This is an excellent point.
And I think Buddy may be a little further along physically than Andy was at that point too - dude was a stick figure when he first got to Cuse.

Plus, he'll have "all the intangibles, coach's son, plays the game the right way, leaves it all out on the floor, scrapper, gamer, high BB IQ, kind of kid you'd want your daughter to date, yada yada yada" thing going for him too. ;)

My take on 2 star ratings is that it means the player hasn't been evaluated.

My only concern would be his quickness in the zone. Oh he probably knows it better than any player out there but I’m concerned he may be a split second slow (Moyer) and that shows up out there.

My only concern would be his quickness in the zone. Oh he probably knows it better than any player out there but I’m concerned he may be a split second slow (Moyer) and that shows up out there.

Being slow isn't as much of an issue if you can anticipate and understand the game. I'm pretty sure Buddy knows the game and can get himself into positions to succeed on both ends of the floor.

Anyone that has ever coached his kid knows this should be interesting and at a high level like this and all the eyes watching...ought to be a rewarding time for both and some craziness as well. I wonder what kind of glare Buddy will get when he makes a mistake? Money says he's quite used to it.

Gee I wonder if the dad will tell the coach when he is hurt not to play him lol. And when Buddy does get the stink eye I wanna look at Julie’s face and see if Jim gets her stare lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom