Class of 2018 - SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

if he came in 2019 and RS which he probably would , he would probably be filling a need as 2G in 2020, so its a 2 yr from now void we are trying to fill With Buddy and HW still here then, the issue will still be PT guard.

Goodine has said JB wants him to be a PG.

Food for thought: what is the likelihood that Buddy ends up being 6-7 or 6-8, like his older brother?

Food for thought: what is the likelihood that Buddy ends up being 6-7 or 6-8, like his older brother?
Well, doubt he grows to 6 foot eight, but he went about 6-8 from three today here in Concord :). Somewhat older fella sitting next to me in the stands who seemed to be a NEPSAC conissoure told me multiple times that Buddy may be the best shooter he has seen come through the league. He looked the part to me.
Didn't seem to force any shots, will be fun to see him doing it in the dome for the next few years.

Well, doubt he grows to 6 foot eight, but he went about 6-8 from three today here in Concord :). Somewhat older fella sitting next to me in the stands who seemed to be a NEPSAC conissoure told me multiple times that Buddy may be the best shooter he has seen come through the league. He looked the part to me.
Didn't seem to force any shots, will be fun to see him doing it in the dome for the next few years.
be interesting to see if we recruit another 2 guard over the next few years.

He is definitely Jack.

What are the chances he blows up and goes pro early on?

Buddy is not going to redshirt. It might have been an outside possibility with Bazely coming but now with Hughes in the forward rotation it isn't happening. He is going to be a lot better than people realize I think. He is an unbelievable shooter and with his size is going to play quite a bit. I honestly can't remember a kid we have had who could shoot like this right out of the gate.

Hope this kid has tough skin. A lot of stuff yo put up with I’m sure he has been well conditioned. Can’t wait
He has been around the area and program his whole life so I think he has a pretty good idea of what he is getting into. That is one of the positives in my opinion. The nice thing is he isn't a project of any kind. He is a really good shooter who is not going to be an elite athlete. I think the zone will help him since he has a really good understanding of where he needs to be. If he can improve a little bit in his lateral quickness he will be a solid player.

Buddy is not going to redshirt. It might have been an outside possibility with Bazely coming but now with Hughes in the forward rotation it isn't happening. He is going to be a lot better than people realize I think. He is an unbelievable shooter and with his size is going to play quite a bit. I honestly can't remember a kid we have had who could shoot like this right out of the gate.

1000% agree, he will be playing big and important minutes, he is tough as nails and he is unreal shooter - unreal

1000% agree, he will be playing big and important minutes, he is tough as nails and he is unreal shooter - unreal

I have heard he is a great shooter. But, if he is such a great shooter, how come no rating service even have him as a 4 star?

I have heard he is a great shooter. But, if he is such a great shooter, how come no rating service even have him as a 4 star?
I also don’t want to see him get the Cooney treatment if he isn’t the Jesus of three point shooting. If Cooney wasn’t tabbed the greatest shooter in his class, he probably would have caught a little less crap from fans.

I also don’t want to see him get the Cooney treatment if he isn’t the Jesus of three point shooting. If Cooney wasn’t tabbed the greatest shooter in his class, he probably would have caught a little less crap from fans.
No chance of that happening. We can’t possibly expect this kid to be a very good shooter if no rating service has him as a 4 star recruit.

I think it’s a result of laziness on their part. I mean when he went through EYBL they way he did and did what he did at the Peach Jam he should have been way higher. He was very transparent about his plan and where he wanted to go and didn’t really even look at being recruited until late because his parents encouraged him to look at the process. So the services aren’t going to be focused on him. It’s like when a kid commits very early and slides down the list or gets hurt but you know he is coming back and he slides. The kid shot over 50% from 3 and led City Rocks in scoring for a few games and this is against the best kids in the country. He can shoot and has proven it. There is a good chance he makes more 3’s in his career than any kid has in the history of our program. That is what I think he is capable of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom