Class of 2018 - SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Well, I guess you could say that a player reminds you of an NBA player when they were of a similar age. But the statement was "Baker 2.0" says to me that he will be another Ron Baker and I take issue with that.

I'll be thrilled if he's 75% as good as Ron Baker was as a college player. I wonder if any of these guys ever watched Ron Baker play and make a huge difference in big games against top competition.

People that actually think he's going to be as good or as effective as Baker are setting themselves up for disappointment by burdening the kid with very high expectations that are probably not going to be met.

Cuseinseattle's comment above captures my feeling. Why stop with Ron Baker when Larry Bird is available as a comparison?

But that has never happened on this board before! :rolleyes:

C'mon.

Baker was a tremendous college player ... one of the best in the country, I thought. He had some unreal performances I saw, sometimes taking over games.

Buddy Boeheim hasn't played a single minute of college basketball yet. (let alone taking over any college games)

I can't any reasonable basis for comparing the two players.
They're white and about the same height.

They're white and about the same height.

Yup! The Captain nailed it and is now on my short list for promotion to Major.

Every time I watched Ron Baker play for WSU and heard his story I thought, "Man, that guy would have been a great find for SU."

Why was a guy like that overlooked by so many schools?

Two more recent games from Brewster's site:

12/13
"The prep basketball team defeated TRC Academy, 75-62 at the BasketBull HoopsFest in Springfield, MA on Wednesday. Brewster was led by Syracuse-bound Buddy Boeheim (Fayetteville, NY) with 26 points and 6 rebounds, while Oregon-signee Miles Norris (San Diego, CA) added 13 points. West Virginia-bound Derek Culver (Youngstown, OH) returned from injury to contribute 12 points and 9 rebounds. Junior point guard Sherif Kenney (Washington, DC) had a team-high 8 assists."

12/14
"The prep basketball team defeated Masters School at the BasketBull HoopFest in Springfield, MA on Thursday, 84-47. A balanced Brewster attack was led by Wake Forest-bound Isaiah Mucius (East Patchogue, NY) with 15 points, while West Virginia-signee Derek Culver (Youngstown, OH) contributed 14 points. Syracuse-commit Buddy Boeheim (Fayetteville, NY) chipped in with 11 points, while UConn-bound Lukas Kisunas (Vilnius, Lithuania) added 10 points. Junior point guard Sherif Kenney (Washington, DC) and unsigned senior guard Walter Ellis (Granger, IN) each contributed 9 points in the victory. Future Oregon Duck Miles Norris (San Diego, CA) dumped in 8 points. The Bobcats are 10-2 on the season as they break for the holidays."

26 points, beastly!

is it possible he is a red-shirt next season? i hope not, we need shooters, but if Battle is back, plus Elijah and Carey, and Frank , not much time for him
i do not see us getting Khalif, not coming here w/out playing time

Jeesh I feel like a jerk now I didn't even see buddy on the list when I posted to the carey and bazley thread. Go buddy!!

Jeesh I feel like a jerk now I didn't even see buddy on the list when I posted to the carey and bazley thread. Go buddy!!

Well-the-Jerk-Store-called-and-theyre-running-out-of-you..gif

Tough one for Buddy today, according to Zags. 2 points in 15 minutes.

From
-> Athletics -> Teams and Programs -> Basketball (boys) -> Schedule

"01/19/2018
W : 104-57
BOYS' PREP BASKETBALL
  • VS HOLDERNESS SCHOOL
Brewster Academy defeated visiting Holderness School, 104-57. Syracuse-signee Buddy Boeheim (Fayetteville, NY) and West Virginia-bound Derek Culver (Youngstown, OH) each had 14 points, while uncommitted guard Walter Ellis(Granger, IN) added 12 points. Wake Forest-commit Isaiah Mucius (East Patchogue, NY) contributed 11 points. All 12 dressed players scored in the contest and logged double-figure minutes.

01/21/2018
W : 89-66
BOYS' PREP BASKETBALL
  • VS NORTHFIELD MOUNT HERMON SCHOOL
The prep basketball team improved to 14-3 on the season (3-1 in NEPSAC Class AAA) with a 80-66 win over visiting Northfield Mount Hermon. Brewster jumped out to a 39-24 lead at the half due to improved focus and intensity on the defensive end. A balanced Brewster attack was led by junior point guard Sherif Kenney (Washington, DC) with 23 points and 6 assists, while Oregon-bound Miles Norris (San Diego, CA) and Wake Forest-signee Isaiah Mucius (East Patchogue, NY) each contributed 16 points in the contest. Syracuse-bound Buddy Boeheim (Fayetteville, NY) added 13 points and matched Norris with a team-high 7 rebounds. West Virginia-commit Derek Culver (Youngstown, OH) chipped in with 11 points and 3 blocks in the victory."

From

"01/19/2018
W : 104-57
BOYS' PREP BASKETBALL
  • VS HOLDERNESS SCHOOL
Brewster Academy defeated visiting Holderness School, 104-57. Syracuse-signee Buddy Boeheim (Fayetteville, NY) and West Virginia-bound Derek Culver (Youngstown, OH) each had 14 points, while uncommitted guard Walter Ellis(Granger, IN) added 12 points. Wake Forest-commit Isaiah Mucius (East Patchogue, NY) contributed 11 points. All 12 dressed players scored in the contest and logged double-figure minutes.

01/21/2018
W : 89-66
BOYS' PREP BASKETBALL
  • VS NORTHFIELD MOUNT HERMON SCHOOL
The prep basketball team improved to 14-3 on the season (3-1 in NEPSAC Class AAA) with a 80-66 win over visiting Northfield Mount Hermon. Brewster jumped out to a 39-24 lead at the half due to improved focus and intensity on the defensive end. A balanced Brewster attack was led by junior point guard Sherif Kenney (Washington, DC) with 23 points and 6 assists, while Oregon-bound Miles Norris (San Diego, CA) and Wake Forest-signee Isaiah Mucius (East Patchogue, NY) each contributed 16 points in the contest. Syracuse-bound Buddy Boeheim (Fayetteville, NY) added 13 points and matched Norris with a team-high 7 rebounds. West Virginia-commit Derek Culver (Youngstown, OH) chipped in with 11 points and 3 blocks in the victory."

Not that I care too much, but Nate Roberts (going to Washington next year) is never mentioned in the summaries. Is he not contributing/playing much?

Aw, snap - last two outings.

"The prep basketball team defeated Lakes Region League opponent Proctor Academy on Monday, 80-57. Brewster was led by Wake Forest-commit Isaiah Mucius (East Patchogue, NY) with 25 points, including 3 three-pointers. Syracuse-bound Buddy Boeheim (Fayetteville, NY) drilled 5 three-pointers en route to 21 points, while Oregon-signee Miles Norris (San Diego, CA) contributed 15 points."

"The prep basketball team improved to 16-3 on the season (4-1 in NEPSAC Class AAA play) with a 62-44 win over Bridgton Academy. Brewster was led by Syracuse-signee Buddy Boeheim (Fayetteville, NY) with 17 points, while Oregon-bound Miles Norris (San Diego, CA) contributed 10 points. The Bobcats played well defensively in the contest led by junior point guard Joel Brown (Brampton, Ontario)."

When I saw Brewster play in November, Roberts didn’t play much. I’m guessing not much has changed. He appeared to be the third option at center. Now, mind you, Brewster is a talented team, especially among its forwards and centers. Roberts is a nice looking athlete who runs the floor well. But he wouldn’t have played much at all — and might have redshirted — next year at SU. We can do better.
You could say that again.

playing really well, impressive, he will only get better, but we should still sign Joe G

if he came in 2019 and RS which he probably would , he would probably be filling a need as 2G in 2020, so its a 2 yr from now void we are trying to fill With Buddy and HW still here then, the issue will still be PT guard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom