Class of 2018 - SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Basically agree. Does Buddy have the quickness to get out on the wing in the zone?

I think he does. Rautins was not an elite athlete or super quick but his basketball IQ and anticipation/getting in the passing lanes more than made up for it. I think Buddy will be fine.

I agree with all of this except for the reclass part...think he comes in 18 and he will be more then ready. Kid is a smart player and can flat out shoot the ball...we need someone like him. Personally I think he would have way more interest if not for the coaches all knowing he's coming to cuse...dont think they want to waste time recruiting him knowing it's for nothing. Would like to see him keep killing it this month and at least receive some of those high d1 offers if not for anything other then validation (for him) because I'm sure he would like that and deserves it! Regardless tho I want him in Orange for 18!
No I'm scared

It's not even a secret that Buddy will be at SU. We are not recruiting guys we could be to keep a space open for him.
What space? Buddy won't be getting a ship.

Why is there always so much discussion about a white kid's athleticism? Asking for a friend.

Yea I don't get this...especially when you see the kids producing at the highest level but you always get the response that he's not very athletic or is he athletic enough to play etc...there are all types of players with different skill sets that contribute at all levels of basketball. This thinking that he isn't athletic enough to play in the acc is crazy to me. I'm pretty sure no one expects him to have crazy dunk highlights but I think he's plenty "athletic" enough to come in and play tough defense (in a zone) and get open to make some shots. Buddy will be just fine wherever he plays. (Cuse)

Elites coming with offers

Ahh gotchya..wasnt sure what u meant..but yea I'm not worried I think it's safe to say he will be in Orange and even if he did get some elite offers he's still coming. I just meant that I'm sure it would be nice for him to get them to validate how well he has been playing but It seems like schools aren't even bothering because they know he's playing for dad regardless. He really has been playing very good tho. Kid can shoot the ball!

I think he does. Rautins was not an elite athlete or super quick but his basketball IQ and anticipation/getting in the passing lanes more than made up for it. I think Buddy will be fine.
I would assume that Buddy has seen the zone and heard the coaches direct players and counsel them about how to play it as much as anyone. He probably understands the nuances of it. I would also guess that Dad has had many in depth conversations with his sons about it. I think he will play it as well as anyone

I'm aware of that. I didn't mean a scholarship. We could be recruiting other 2's. He's not just some extra walk on we are throwing a bone to.
Luther Muhammad and Khalif Battle are both 2's

UW also offered Nate. This is beginning to piss me off. Are they going to offer Buddy?
You KNOW Hop is going to offer Buddy...he's got waaaay to good a sense of humor not to! I hope he's texting JB everyday breaking his balls about what he's doing to sway Buddy to come west and play for him :)

This discussion about Buddy is really interesting. To me, the biggest issue with Buddy is that some consider him a one dimensional player (Big time shooter) at the EYBL level. I think his stats support that assessment. When he is hot, he is tough as anyone to defend but when he is not he doesn’t add much as a defender, passer, rebounder etc. but he is adequate. I do think the year at Brewster will help a lot and determine the right fit for him. Take a look at the screen shot of the stat sheet of the City Rocks vs. All Ohio Red game which was a huge win for CR last night. I think All Ohio was the number 1 seed in the pool and CR beat them handily. As you can see, Buddy make EVERY shot he took but did not contribute a lot in other aspects. If the year of prep improves his overall game, then he can play in the ACC and be a real contributor at SU.
CR Stats vs All Ohio.jpg

This discussion about Buddy is really interesting. To me, the biggest issue with Buddy is that some consider him a one dimensional player (Big time shooter) at the EYBL level. I think his stats support that assessment. When he is hot, he is tough as anyone to defend but when he is not he doesn’t add much as a defender, passer, rebounder etc. but he is adequate. I do think the year at Brewster will help a lot and determine the right fit for him. Take a look at the screen shot of the stat sheet of the City Rocks vs. All Ohio Red game which was a huge win for CR last night. I think All Ohio was the number 1 seed in the pool and CR beat them handily. As you can see, Buddy make EVERY shot he took but did not contribute a lot in other aspects. If the year of prep improves his overall game, then he can play in the ACC and be a real contributor at SU.
View attachment 104043
Ah but look at Isaiah Stewart rebounds. I want him and I think he likes Cuse

We are elite. Theres only 3 offers that ever make me worry, and one of them's only because Jordan used to play at the school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom