Class of 2018 - SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Kid has a legit stroke. At least we know we'll have some three point shooting in 2018 and beyond.

Then again, watch a Harvard offer show up. Sure JB wouldn't mind shelling out the money for him to go there.

Imagine bringing in Carmody, Boeheim, and Swider in 2018. 3 white guys with range.

Imagine bringing in Carmody, Boeheim, and Swider in 2018. 3 white guys with range.

I'd have to expect that bringing in a top flight lead guard is the main priority of the class of 2018.

As of right now, we only project to have one open scholarship for that class. That would change if someone like Battle goes pro, or if a player transfers, etc. So when the dust settles, we'll probably have 2. Could be three if we land a 5th year transfer like Thorpe to round out our backcourt rotation.

I'd have to expect that bringing in a top flight lead guard is the main priority of the class of 2018.

As of right now, we only project to have one open scholarship for that class. That would change if someone like Battle goes pro, or if a player transfers, etc. So when the dust settles, we'll probably have 2. Could be three if we land a 5th year transfer like Thorpe to round out our backcourt rotation.

I think in the end we will have 3 ships...

This is what I am hopefully for...

1- Carey or MCW brother
2- Wright or Carmody or Swider
3- Bazley
4- Boeheim comes as non-scholly player

Meant in addition to Carey, perhaps

Not to be pedantic, but - technically - as of RIGHT now, we have 3 open scholarships for that class. ;)

But yes - assuming that the other 2 get filled, somehow, for 2017, and then whether 0, 1, or 2 of those are Grad x-fers, will determine how many openings we have for '18.

Related: I can't imagine a (non-injury) situation where Battle doesn't leave to go Pro.
He's a prototype NBA SG, and he's going to be option A, B, and C this year on offense.

Also related: If PC is ineffective again this season, he's likely to follow Chino's lead and take his degree and go play elsewhere.
Whether he wants to, or not.

Don't we "project" to have at least 3 right now? 2 from this year and 1 that opens from the sanctions. Or are not counting the two that may go to Dolezaj and ...?

If I had my wishes, I'd hope for a legit lead guard and a SF with shooting, with another G/F or F/C type. Basically Carey and Swider (and J. Williams?). Buddy would hopefully be a walk-on for a year.

I think in the end we will have 3 ships...

This is what I am hopefully for...

1- Carey or MCW brother
2- Wright or Carmody or Swider
3- Bazley
4- Boeheim comes as non-scholly player
What about Williams or Jones?

Anyone who has seen Buddy play, how will his game translate at SU if he decides to come? Best player to compare too? Rautins?

Anyone who has seen Buddy play, how will his game translate at SU if he decides to come? Best player to compare too? Rautins?

I’ve seen him play with City Rocks, no doubt that Buddy can shoot, with his feet set, he rarely misses and has near perfect mechanics. He needs to work on his ball handling, defense, and overall athletic ability. I will take a shot at interpreting JB comment “he's not ready for college” as meaning he is going to prep school. As a 2018 recruit, he could play at a mid-major or Ivy but the ACC would be a stretch. After 2 years in prep school, who knows?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom