Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 103 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

This kid is far from a must get. In my opinion he's soft and there's no way he'd be able to guard college 3s at this time. He's more of a 2. He's not going to be a good rebounder or defender for us. If he chooses tech over cuse then it's obvious he cares more about non basketball things. If that's the case then let tech deal with him partying with rappers and all the other stuff. All he's done is drop in the rankings over the last couple years anyway. There are a lot of Jordan Tucker's out there and Syracuse will be fine with out him. Give me Sid Wilson any day if the week over this kid. Actually give me any of the 18' wings over him.

Just an awful post

Ummm it makes total sense. He secured his spot with the staff and has plans to make it official after Knox. If Knox sticks to what he is going to do and goes to Duke, Tucker is coming to tech. If not, Duke offers and Tucker goes to Duke. Simple. Very Simple.
I don't care to debate you it won't go anywhere.
We shall see soon.

Well, let's see how it plays out. If we get him, great, if not, try and remember why the staff(supposedly Hop more than anyone) stopped recruiting him. It's a warning sign when a kid gets in trouble on a visit. if he ends up committing to SU, then I never mentioned this ;)

lol no. The coaches took him and Hans Brase (grad transfer from Princeton) there. It's part of the tour, the recruits usually sit at the desk, etc. The crew is usually not there bc they mostly visit on the weekend.

So that is weird. Is it somehow tied in to the university? I'm not bashing - sounds like Pastner is "selling the city" but what exactly is the benefit to a GT commit if the TNT studios exist? Again - I will say that anybody who thinks this recruiting game is easy or is cut and dry: pay attention to what you see. I mean, a school gets one chance to host a couple of recruits and they spend that day taking them off campus to do some sight seeing of things wholly unrelated to any part of the university, the athletics department, their future, experience at the school, likelihood of being prepared for the NBA, etc etc etc. It is madness. But you are selling to people who don't even have fully developed brains yet (teenagers). We (most of being grown adults) apply filters to this process when we look at it that are so so biased from the reality.

Ummm it makes total sense. He secured his spot with the staff and has plans to make it official after Knox. If Knox sticks to what he is going to do and goes to Duke, Tucker is coming to tech. If not, Duke offers and Tucker goes to Duke. Simple. Very Simple.

No disrespect and I'm not saying that maybe he hasn't given a verbal but what you wrote makes no sense.you say he has secured his spot with the staff and will make it official AFTER knox just in case knox doesn't pick duke. Umm pretty much everyone knows that's what he has been waiting on but you backtrack after you say he silent verballed that he is still waiting on knox? What kind of verbal is that? That's like slapping tech in the face if his intentions are actually known and bot just all of us speculating that's what he's been doing. "Hey coach pastner I'm giving you my silent verbal and will make it official...ONLY after knox decides because if he doesn't go to duke then I'm bolting and going there as soon as they offer me."

No it is usually where most of the crime takes place and a bunch of homeless stay. Plans are in the work to get rid of it and put condos.
That's what I heard too. Friends of mine I go to church with, said her dad is working with a lot of that going up. She was telling me how bad it had become over there.

They are back on campus now getting all the detail questions answered

So that is weird. Is it somehow tied in to the university? I'm not bashing - sounds like Pastner is "selling the city" but what exactly is the benefit to a GT commit if the TNT studios exist? Again - I will say that anybody who thinks this recruiting game is easy or is cut and dry: pay attention to what you see. I mean, a school gets one chance to host a couple of recruits and they spend that day taking them off campus to do some sight seeing of things wholly unrelated to any part of the university, the athletics department, their future, experience at the school, likelihood of being prepared for the NBA, etc etc etc. It is madness. But you are selling to people who don't even have fully developed brains yet (teenagers). We (most of being grown adults) apply filters to this process when we look at it that are so so biased from the reality.

I could see how going to the NBA studio set that most of these kids probably watch on TV quite a bit would be a fun experience.

I could see how going to the NBA studio set that most of these kids probably watch on TV quite a bit would be a fun experience.

Yes but has zero relevance to the decision they are making.

They are back on campus now getting all the detail questions answered

What detail questions? The decision is already made. What questions could there be??

Well, let's see how it plays out. If we get him, great, if not, try and remember why the staff(supposedly Hop more than anyone) stopped recruiting him. It's a warning sign when a kid gets in trouble on a visit. if he ends up committing to SU, then I never mentioned this ;)
This is spot on. There are some definite warning signs with this kid. Sid Wilson is not the shooter he is, but if he fell into our lap by chance, and Tucker chose GT, I may not be totally bummed.

The set is literally 50 feet from the basketball arena, so it would be foolish to not use that resource. Takes about 30 mins to do it. They pitch the "You are in position to be in the NBA circle blah blah etc."

I'm sure it is fun, but is has zero affect on where he is going to school.

The set is literally 50 feet from the basketball arena, so it would be foolish to not use that resource. Takes about 30 mins to do it. They pitch the "You are in position to be in the NBA circle blah blah etc."

That makes me feel a little better about, but still shows how preposterous the process is. Shaq trained to be on that show at Syracuse. Ya know?

If you / Tucker read the rest of our board you guys would know that all you need is a year or two at most hitting a few jumpers to be a first round pick playing for the Orange. :)

Hey Juiceman:

20shaq_600.JPG

That makes me feel a little better about, but still shows how preposterous the process is. Shaq trained to be on that show at Syracuse. Ya know?
Not shocking at all. I don't know why anyone else would chose a broadcasting school over SU. GT only has 1 and he works for ESPN, Chris Cotter.

This kid is far from a must get. In my opinion he's soft and there's no way he'd be able to guard college 3s at this time. He's more of a 2. He's not going to be a good rebounder or defender for us. If he chooses tech over cuse then it's obvious he cares more about non basketball things. If that's the case then let tech deal with him partying with rappers and all the other stuff. All he's done is drop in the rankings over the last couple years anyway. There are a lot of Jordan Tucker's out there and Syracuse will be fine with out him. Give me Sid Wilson any day if the week over this kid. Actually give me any of the 18' wings over him.
'
We need someone that can help us this year.

Housing, tutors, roommate, number, all that stuff.

Hey, if JT does pick GT. You sound pretty close to this, from your perspective: as Syracuse fans who should we blame for the staff failing to get him here?