Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 104 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

I'm sure it is fun, but is has zero affect on where he is going to school.

But I'm sure it had an EFFECT if he ends up choosing to go to Georgia Tech. We take recruits to the dinosaur bbq when they're on campus--what does that have to do with campus life?

There should be no doubt whatsoever that the GT staff is selling Tucker hard on the notion that Atlanta is much more cosmopolitan and happening than CNY. That there is a thriving hip hop scene, NBA presence [with TNT being HQ'd there], etc. That's what the field trip was about. They weren't just going there in a vacuum.

But I'm sure it had an EFFECT if he ends up choosing to go to Georgia Tech. We take recruits to the dinosaur bbq when they're on campus--what does that have to do with campus life?

There should be no doubt whatsoever that the GT staff is selling Tucker hard on the notion that Atlanta is much more cosmopolitan and happening than CNY. That there is a thriving hip hop scene, NBA presence [with TNT being HQ'd there], etc. That's what the field trip was about. They weren't just going there in a vacuum.

Still soo crazy. I agree that stuff like this matters but it's head spinning. The Dinosaur BBQ thing... well whatever, I could argue that is different because you have to eat while on a visit. Still, this little factoid about the visit makes me even more empathetic for a guy like Gerry who is about to get hit by an orange fan asteroid. All he had to do was get some rappers to move to CNY and get the NBA to do a tweet up from Onondaga Lake Park!

Taking him to the NBA on TNT set positions him to be in the NBA circle? How? If he's going to school for Comms, why would he go to Tech? Newhouse's hands are in everything. The alumni who have clout would take care of him if he did anything worth a damn at SU. How do you think Scoop got his brief SNY gig?

It baffles me that Tucker would buy into that crap. Why doesn't he look at the last four or five drafts where 1st round picks come from Syracuse like nobodies business. If he seriously chose GTech then good luck to him, but it always seems like when there is a dad or mom as a mouthpiece it never works out.

Yea, I have no clue why people are pushing back on this.

Obviously top rated kids go to podunk schools all the time, especially when it comes to SEC Football. Syracuse isn't a podunk city and it's only about 4-5 hours from Manhattan but it seems clear that Tucker or Tucker's dad is all about the big city scene, and the ATL city scene to be exact.

Clearly it's not the right basketball move. If he shines next year at Cuse, recent data would suggest that he'll be drafted in the first round along with Battle. Georgia Tech can make no such promises but...they've got ATL and clearly that "may" be more important to Tucker or Tucker's dad, as stupid as we all know that would be for his future basketball prospects.

It baffles me that some people don't understand the whole deadline pitch towards recruits.

I understand it for sure, but I also get that they are making a judgement call for each kid about what type of technique will be productive and what might be counter-productive. They made the call in QG's case that they weren't going to do it. They got it wrong in the sense that we never landed him, but we don't know that the opposite would have been right.

I guess the next question is why are we being out recruited by Josh Pastner and company over a Hall of Fame coach. Kudos to Gmac but in the world of recruiting second place doesn't mean squat.

You can actually get food at dinosaur,what is he going to do at Tnt? If you want to talk about the Nba, compare the number of kids we have sent to the Nba vs the number of kids that they have sent.

You can actually get food at dinosaur,what is he going to do at Tnt? If you want to talk about the Nba, compare the number of kids we have sent to the Nba vs the number of kids that they have sent.

But why would Tech do that? They are selling what they have the TNT NBA studio is right there and could be the lat straw that helps land them a recruit.

I'm 33 years old, I think it would be pretty cool to go to the TNT studios. When I was 17, I would have probably thought it was the coolest thing in the world.

Students go to Dinosaur BBQ all the time. Tucker probably won't step foot in that studio again until after he turns pro.

I'm 33 years old, I think it would be pretty cool to go to the TNT studios. When I was 17, I would have probably thought it was the coolest thing in the world.
Inside the NBA is incredibly popular. I'm the same age and would love to see TNT studios as well.

I'm sure it was cool, it was a setup recruiting trip, what is he going to do with Tnt going forward?

I understand it for sure, but I also get that they are making a judgement call for each kid about what type of technique will be productive and what might be counter-productive. They made the call in QG's case that they weren't going to do it. They got it wrong in the sense that we never landed him, but we don't know that the opposite would have been right.
Well like you mentioned, the opposite is that he spurns us. It happens. Then we have time to offer IW, Colemans visit, etc. i see what you're syaing though but if he spurned us then we still had options at least.

But why would Tech do that? They are selling what they have the TNT NBA studio is right there and could be the lat straw that helps land them a recruit.

How is Tnt going to help recruit him? Its not like hes going to be hanging out there in the future, this was setup by Tnt and Gtech in advance, its not like he is going to be hanging out there all the time.