Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 105 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

Maybe this does go techs way...we will know soon enough but I hope cuse is pushing hard for Sid...better yet I wish sid would commit before Tucker does just so he would get all the love from cuse fans and then we wouldn't care about tuckers commitment. Although I'm sure sid will be taking his time seeing as tho he literally just decided to go 17 possibly. Would be a cool scenario but it won't happen. With that said I still want Tucker and hope he picks us but it seems to be trending the other way.

How is Tnt going to help recruit him? Its not like hes going to be hanging out there in the future, this was setup by Tnt and Gtech in advance, its not like he is going to be hanging out there all the time.
BECAUSE ITS COOL

Georgia Tech isn't outrecruiting us as a program. They are selling the city in which they reside. They know the Tucker's are susceptible to throwing away his basketball hopes to be a big dog in ATL. (As big of a dog as someone on the Tech Basketball team can be)

I'm sure it was cool, it was a setup recruiting trip, what is he going to do with Tnt going forward?

Nothing! He's a kid! As others mentioned; it is pretty cool, regardless. Anything that can help recruiting. He probably can have carte blanche there and roll in whenever to hang with Kenny Smith, someone he already has a relationship with. It's cool to me and I'm 38.

BECAUSE ITS COOL

Georgia Tech isn't outrecruiting us as a program. They are selling the city in which they reside. They know the Tucker's are susceptible to throwing away his basketball hopes to be a big dog in ATL. (As big of a dog as someone on the Tech Basketball team can be)
BINGO. That's the impression I get from the family as well.

Housing, tutors, roommate, number, all that stuff.
Thanks for dropping your info ... :(

Nice to hear from people at other programs spreading whatever info that they have. I had a feeling it was shaking out this way once Sid said he was back to considering 2017 after just going to 2018 not even a month ago. Of course, everything can change so :noidea:

Nothing! He's a kid! As others mentioned; it is pretty cool, regardless. Anything that can help recruiting. He probably can have carte blanche there and roll in whenever to hang with Kenny Smith, someone he already has a relationship with. It's cool to me and I'm 38.

I don't think he will be having carte blanche there, like I said before this was arranged ahead of time, tnt probably did a favor for Gtech. I highly doubt that Tnt is going to let some random college bball player hang out all of the time at Tnt, and do whatever he wants there.

I'm sure it was cool, it was a setup recruiting trip, what is he going to do with Tnt going forward?

I don't know? Maybe nothing. They're trying to give the kid an enjoyable experience on his recruiting trip.

Man, now people are accepting the tutors, housing, etc. as an indication of commitment? Never heard that one before...

I don't think he will be having carte blanche there, like I said before this was arranged ahead of time, tnt probably did a favor for Gtech. I highly doubt that Tnt is going to let some random college bball player hang out all of the time at Tnt, and do whatever he wants there.

Of course it is arranged. You're missing the whole point. But, who knows about carte blanche or not. Not the point even though he already has worked out with Kenny Smith and knows him. It still makes an impression adding the TNT visit to the agenda.

Students go to Dinosaur BBQ all the time. Tucker probably won't step foot in that studio again until after he turns pro.

But they let him do it THIS time, on his recruiting trip. So...

I'm 33 years old, I think it would be pretty cool to go to the TNT studios. When I was 17, I would have probably thought it was the coolest thing in the world.

Right?

But they let him do it THIS time, on his recruiting trip. So...
...what? I agree that it's cool, but they might as well have taken him to the Coca-Cola Museum or the aquarium because he has a better chance of returning to those venues as a student than the TNT studio. He can commit to SU and still look back on the time he hung out in the studio for ten minutes.

...what? I agree that it's cool, but they might as well have taken him to the Coca-Cola Museum or the aquarium because he has a better chance of returning to those venues as a student than the TNT studio. He can commit to SU and still look back on the time he hung out in the studio for ten minutes.

I can't believe we agreeing so much. It is a cool thing to do, and I'm sure it was fun, but if he thinks he is going to be hanging out at Tnt every week, and become bffs with Shaq and Barkely, he is mistaken.

Sure, they could have taken him to the Coca-Cola Museum or the aquarium. But seeing as how Tucker is a high major basketball recruit, that field trip wouldn't be nearly as relevant to his interests / aspirations as a trip to the TNT NBA home studio that he probably watches on TV numerous times a week probably is.

Nor would the Coca-Cola Museum help fuel the narrative about distinguishing how cool and hip Atlanta is for a high major recruit on the basketball scene compared to other, less cosmopolitan locales that have stuff like aquariums that kids like Tucker probably aren't all that interested in. Pastner is selling him on the advantages of being in Atlanta, because that's what they have to sell. Just like I'm sure that Syracuse is selling him on tradition, the Dome, and playing for a hall of fame coach, because those are the advantages that our program has over Georgia Tech's.

Who cares whether he sets foot in that studio again, or whether the only time he ever sees it again is when he's watching NBA halftime shows on TNT? Does anyone think or has anyone suggested that Tucker is going to base his decision on how often he's going to hang out in the TNT NBA studio while he's in college? It's just part of the experience the GT staff is selling him on how cool, urban, and happening the city of Atlanta is.

Honestly, not sure what is so difficult about this for people to understand.

I'm not sure where the confusion is with the NBA studio visit being a help in recruiting. It doesn't have to make sense or actually be any help to the kids future career to help the school land the kid. The reasons I made decisions when I was 18 make me cringe thinking back.

Sure, they could have taken him to the Coca-Cola Museum or the aquarium. But seeing as how Tucker is a high major basketball recruit, that field trip wouldn't be nearly as relevant to his interests / aspirations as a trip to the TNT NBA home studio that he probably watches on TV numerous times a week probably is.

Nor would the Coca-Cola Museum help fuel the narrative about distinguishing how cool and hip Atlanta is for a high major recruit on the basketball scene compared to other, less cosmopolitan locales that have stuff like aquariums that kids like Tucker probably aren't all that interested in. Pastner is selling him on the advantages of being in Atlanta, because that's what they have to sell. Just like I'm sure that Syracuse is selling him on tradition, the Dome, and playing for a hall of fame coach, because those are the advantages that our program has over Georgia Tech's.

Who cares whether he sets foot in that studio again, or whether the only time he ever sees it again is when he's watching NBA halftime shows on TNT? Why do people think that him hanging out there would even be important -- merely setting foot there is part of the experience of the GT staff selling him on how cool, urban, and happening the city of Atlanta is.

Because the studio has nothing to do with Georgia Tech. Frankly, it has nothing to do with being in Atlanta either. There are hundreds of thousands of ATL residents who haven't so much as sniffed that studio. I'm assuming Tucker was one of those people before today. So he went, great. Won't affect his college life whatsoever.

I mean, is Bristol a cool, urban and happening city because ESPN is located there?

Who cares whether he sets foot in that studio again, or whether the only time he ever sees it again is when he's watching NBA halftime shows on TNT? Does anyone think or has anyone suggested that Tucker is going to base his decision on how often he's going to hang out in the TNT NBA studio while he's in college? It's just part of the experience the GT staff is selling him on how cool, urban, and happening the city of Atlanta is.

I took a visit to Atlanta to catch a Braves game at Turner Field. Took in the Coca-Cola museum as I worked for the company at the time, awesome place! Also checked out the aquarium very nice. Ate at the Varsity restaurant...pretty cool.

Would love to go back someday.

As a travel destination Atl is awesome...but if I am going to college to play basketball...I am going to Syracuse no questions asked.

Because the studio has nothing to do with Georgia Tech. Frankly, it has nothing to do with being in Atlanta either. There are hundreds of thousands of ATL residents who haven't so much as sniffed that studio. I'm assuming Tucker was one of those people before today. So he went, great. Won't affect his college life whatsoever.

I mean, is Bristol a cool, urban and happening city because ESPN is located there?

Bristol isn't a cool, urban, and happening city regardless of whether ESPN is there or not. Especially compared to a city like Atlanta, that has much nicer weather [amongst many other differentiators].

You're right -- it won't affect his college life, but it might affect his decision about where he wants to go to college.

Tucker seemingly went ga-ga over being able to play hoops against Kenny Smith last week. That doesn't have any connection to Georgia Tech either, and he probably won't be playing one-on-one with The Jet every week -- but it might help convince him that Atlanta is a cooler place to be than the alternatives he's considering.

Here's hoping he picks Syracuse, and renders this all moot.

tumblr_n30n5iMJgT1sa11jco1_500.gif