Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 109 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

On the way home from Ga Tech, Tucker's dad said, "you're going to GT".
30 years from now, Tucker will tell an interviewer he wanted to go to Syracuse.
I think you're dead on. I think JT does want Cuse, but like with Battle going to Mich. his family wanted him closer to home. Can't blame the family for wanting him close and being able to see all their son's games. GTech may not be as strong as us historically, but they're still ACC and he'll get some TV time.

If JT wants a higher guaranteed NBA contract as a rookie, he'll come to SU. What's more important? That's for the family to decide.

I thought he gave Tech a silent verbal and it's all down to Duke and Tech.

Are you still confident? I'm now under 50% for us, just based on my gut.

I am confident. I think Tucker is going to choose Syracuse.

Don't you find it odd how quiet people are who usually know things? Not sure what that means but this stuff usually leaks, one way or the other.

I was going to ask why we haven't seen a post of Jordan Tucker rocking the Georgia Tech jersey today like he did here at Syracuse, but then remembered they wear Russell Athletic and who wants to be seen in that?

Each of their fans with season tickets receive a player's yearly jersey at the end of the year there.

Why are you changing your mind?

I've been around 50% the whole time. I said Cuse -110 a few days ago. That's a very small favorite. Now I'd put us as a slight dog. It's based on nothing but my gut. No clue why I'm less optimistic now.

Last edited:
I think you're dead on. I think JT does want Cuse, but like with Battle going to Mich. his family wanted him closer to home. Can't blame the family for wanting him close and being able to see all their son's games. GTech may not be as strong as us historically, but they're still ACC and he'll get some TV time.

If JT wants a higher guaranteed NBA contract as a rookie, he'll come to SU. What's more important? That's for the family to decide.
That last paragraph is such BS. How he performs in camps/ workouts will determine where he is drafted.
Great players who went to GT got drafted high.

I've been around 50% the whole time. I said Cuse -110 a few days ago. That's a very small favorite. Now I'd put us as a slight dog. It's based on nothing but my gut. No clue why I'm less optimistic now.
I feel as you do but I did mention talking with a NYC recruiting guy who says it's Syracuse. All that did was make me feel better but not by much.

Predicting a coin flip is not a prediction at all. Just say you dont know.

One guy with 3 posts on their board said he just got off the phone with KennyTheJet and Kenny said JT is going to Syracuse. Sounds credible.
Seems legit.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the TNT Studio being an accurate representation of Atlanta. It's a cool city with or without it.

The TNT studio is a representation of something that is unique to the rich basketball culture in the cool city of Atlanta. That's why GT brings recruits by there.

Whether it ends up influencing Tucker's decision a little, a lot, or not at all remains to be seen. Nobody is suggesting that it will factor into his decision in a significant way, just that it is understandable why a highly rated basketball player might enjoy having the opportunity to tour that studio, even though it isn't directly correlated with GT.

The TNT studio is a representation of something that is unique to the basketball culture in the cool city of Atlanta. That's why GT brings recruits by there.

Whether it ends up influencing Tucker's decision a little, a lot, or not at all remains to be seen. Nobody is suggesting that it will factor into his decision in a significant way, just that it is understandable why a highly rated basketball player might enjoy having the opportunity to tour that studio, even though it isn't directly correlated with GT.

Hopefully, a lot of the people who work there graduated from cuse.