Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 107 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

So, guys, for those of actually getting something done at work ... fill me in on the basics here (thumbnail sketch, please). I know this is a recruit we want, he was from NY but recently moved with family to Atlanta, and that it's down to us and G-Tech. From what I gather, he's in the ATL and JP is giving him the NBA schpiel ... the full court press while he's there.

But it seems strange that he would pick SU at some mid-week trip to GT, right? So having him NOT decide today would seem very good. If he's announcing while he's down there ... not sure I like our chances.

Correct all my inaccuracies, please.

So, guys, for those of actually getting something done at work ... fill me in on the basics here (thumbnail sketch, please). I know this is a recruit we want, he was from NY but recently moved with family to Atlanta, and that it's down to us and G-Tech. From what I gather, he's in the ATL and JP is giving him the NBA schpiel ... the full court press while he's there.

But it seems strange that he would pick SU at some mid-week trip to GT, right? So having him NOT decide today would seem very good. If he's announcing while he's down there ... not sure I like our chances.

I'm not an insider by any means, it sounds like its a flip of the coin right now.

According to an interview yesterday, he's not announcing until the end of next week.

According to an interview yesterday, he's not announcing until the end of next week.
Ok, that timeline seems more hopeful. he could still pick the other school. But if he's picking SU, it seems more likely that it would be later not sooner. Better to let him put the GT experience behind him for a few days and then pick SU. ;)

If it's going to be tech I think we will probably know this weekend. Even if it's not official. But if he leaves and takes a week to think I think it goes like TT's visit to MSU. He thinks it over and picks cuse. We'll see.

If it's going to be tech I think we will probably know this weekend. Even if it's not official. But if he leaves and takes a week to think I think it goes like TT's visit to MSU. He thinks it over and picks cuse. We'll see.

Not sure it'll mean anything if/ when he announces next week. Tucker obviously likes the attention. I'm not knocking him for that but it certainly appears to be the case. GT fans are very confident.

Not sure it'll mean anything if/ when he announces next week. Tucker obviously likes the attention. I'm not knocking him for that but it certainly appears to be the case. GT fans are very confident.
Very well could be. But I haven't seen anything credible in the way of insider info on this one so we're back to good old tea leaves.

How do you feel about our chances?

Very well could be. But I haven't seen anything credible in the way of insider info on this one so we're back to good old tea leaves.

ATLien seems to know what's going on as far as the visit. The GT board is basically pouring champagne. My big question is: did SW become '17 because he knows GT is getting JT and he wants the SU slot?

Curious, can gt or anyone for that matter buy or give anything to Tucker on a unofficial visit? Not that they have or anything but he just posted on his IG story 2 tickets to a future concert. Seems like the timing of it would suggest they were given to him. Then again maybe he bought then himself idk? I know he's pretty connected too so it might not even be related just thought the timing of it one could speculate they were given as a gift.

ATLien seems to know what's going on as far as the visit. The GT board is basically pouring champagne. My big question is: did SW become '17 because he knows GT is getting JT and he wants the SU slot?
Can't really say I put much stock into AtlLien. I don't know he could be completely legit... but it doesn't strike me as such. Not that it matters... soon we'll know either way.

How do you feel about our chances?

50/50ish but see my post above about SW. Would he really go '17 to go to UConn? Not sure he'd do that.

I don't know and I don't have any info. My gut's not feeling great about it, like dasher. Not sure why, but it just feels like we are coming in second.

That's what I would really like to know more about..whats going on with sid and what are we doing to try and seal the deal. I really want him...kid has that NYC swagger

So lets say we get Sw instead, are we better off, worse off?

That's what I would really like to know more about..whats going on with sid and what are we doing to try and seal the deal. I really want him...kid has that NYC swagger

I like that Francis tweeted that Red has been in constant contact with him throughout the recruiting cycle (even before the '17 move). That surprises me because his thread here's been very quiet for the most part.

So lets say we get Sw instead, are we better off, worse off?

Worse off, as far as our perimeter shooting but let's see if we add someone else who can fill that role.