Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 118 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

Coach K wouldn't bitch slap Boeheim like that would he? Oh Lord

If we lose Tucker to Duke.

It won't bother me. Duke is a tier above us.

I think we need the kid badly but Duke isn't Georgia Tech.
Also it's not a Quade Green situation. Duke only wants him because they didn't get Knox. We cooled on him for 6 months and came calling because Lydon declared. It's not like we thought we had the kid locked up for 2 years

Jordan may want Duke but does Duke want Jordan? That's the real question. Wait and see.
Honestly not even sure how much time he'd see there.

It is what is though, at this point I see the pros and cons of Tucker vs. Wilson. As long as we get 1 I'm ok

It has been talked about for awhile now that Tucker would wait to see if duke would possibly come calling. Maybe they will maybe they won't be he has said that he would like nothing more then a offer from them.

"What was it that had you interested in tracking them?

I know I’m getting better so I really want to see what the highest level is that I can play at. If I’m ready for Duke or if I’m not, that’s what I’m looking at. I had every offer, I don’t know how to explain it other than Duke is a school that I was really just working to get an offer from, it’s like why not. Everyone wants a Kentucky offer, my goal is I just want a Duke offer because I’m very interested in that school."

This is from a article from awhile ago..regardless you can see how interested in them he is.

It has been talked about for awhile now that Tucker would wait to see if duke would possibly come calling. Maybe they will maybe they won't be he has said that he would like nothing more then a offer from them.

"What was it that had you interested in tracking them?

I know I’m getting better so I really want to see what the highest level is that I can play at. If I’m ready for Duke or if I’m not, that’s what I’m looking at. I had every offer, I don’t know how to explain it other than Duke is a school that I was really just working to get an offer from, it’s like why not. Everyone wants a Kentucky offer, my goal is I just want a Duke offer because I’m very interested in that school."

This is from a article from awhile ago..regardless you can see how interested in them he is.
Francis has touched on this in the past. Every kid wants a Duke and UK offer, period - it's like a right of passage. Doesn't mean every kid will go to Duke or UK - but it's an elite group to get one of those 2 to offer.

Francis has touched on this in the past. Every kid wants a Duke and UK offer, period - it's like a right of passage. Doesn't mean every kid will go to Duke or UK - but it's an elite group to get one of those 2 to offer.

Oh I agree..im not saying he's going there even if he got a offer...but he hasn't waited this long for nothing. There is definitely a reason for it. Hopefully they don't even bother because I personally think we have a good shot to land him over gt.

This was posted by a reliable poster on the swarm. Found it interesting.

"For what it's worth, I'm not convinced Tucker ends up at GT even if it's GT vs. Syracuse. I'm saying this now a) because multiple folks have told me Tucker was headed to Syracuse and b) it's not worth freaking out if Duke gets involved.

And for what it's worth, I'm not convinced Syracuse was Tucker's landing spot prior to the Knox announcement. There is enough coming out from the GT side as well to make me entirely uncertain, including @BigDaddyBuzz's report, and especially due to timing in which I received the Syracuse vs. GT info. If Tucker ends up at Duke, so be it."

True, but if he gets an offer from Duke, he's going.

With the Yanks-Cubs game an afterthought, I just stopped by for the board meltdown. Please don't disappoint. Popcorn
No meltdown. We screwed the pooch on Tucker if he goes elsewhere.

Duke is a tier above us.
Tech is home.

This isn't a Green recruitment. This was a Hail Mary we got in late to get.

Duke is a tier above us.
Tech is home.

The tier above us thing is BS, Duke can't offer the situation we can. It's nice to get an offer but we aren't going to lose out on him because dukes a "tier above us" .

Duke is a tier above us.
Tech is home.

There were enough "the sky is falling if we don't get Tucker" posts in this thread to make it interesting to read. We definitely made recruiting him a much more difficult proposition when we backed off. The Green situation was much different, I agree. Still, there are those that will sound the program's death knell if Tucker goes elsewhere. I could see him going to Duke, GT or Cuse. None of those would shock me.

There were enough "the sky is falling if we don't get Tucker" posts in this thread to make it interesting to read. We definitely made recruiting him a much more difficult proposition when we backed off. The Green situation was much different, I agree. Still, there are those that will sound the program's death knell if Tucker goes elsewhere. I could see him going to Duke, GT or Cuse. None of those would shock me.

Backing off Tucker was justified at the time. He needed to show some maturity and he did so at Wheeler...apparently.

Backing off Tucker was justified at the time. He needed to show some maturity and he did so at Wheeler...apparently.

Per the reliable poster beelzebub44

"I've heard MJ might very well wind up at FSU and Syracuse isn't interested in Sid Wilson...the plot thickens. I think it's anybody's guess at this point with Tucker. I don't think Duke goes after them. I agree with Corey Evans."