Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 120 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

Wonder how much Knox got paid. Someday we'll learn how these payments went down.

So -- what's Tucker's timetable? Isn't / wasn't he supposed to announce this weekend?

So -- what's Tucker's timetable? Isn't / wasn't he supposed to announce this weekend?
By the end of the week.

Last edited:
Yeah I think Tucker was waiting for Knox potentially to see if Duke would come calling. It doesn't sound like theey will based on what Francis and Corey Evans have said.

There are no more dominos left to fall if Duke stays pat. It's just a matter if Tucker has actually made his decision yet or not

Does anyone know when GT actually offered tucker? I couldn't find it anywhere

Tucker can watch Cuse beat Dook while sitting on the Dook bench for his first 2 years. He can then transfer to Cuse and make it to the final 4 like silent G

I know you're joking but no, he wouldn't be able to transfer to us being another ACC school.

I know you're joking but no, he wouldn't be able to transfer to us being another ACC school.
Why not? Just needs to sit out a year.

Attachments

• ACCEligibilityRules.pdf
    14 KB · Views: 75
Why not? Just needs to sit out a year.
Well, if it anything like the Big East was, transferring between conference schools required the player to sit out two years. I also remember that Gbinje transferred in to Syracuse before Syracuse was formally in the ACC. It was alluded that there would have been more stringent constraints on Mike if he had transferred to Syracuse once they were formal members.

Well, if it anything like the Big East was, transferring between conference schools required the player to sit out two years. I also remember that Gbinje transferred in to Syracuse before Syracuse was formally in the ACC. It was alluded that there would have been more stringent constraints on Mike if he had transferred to Syracuse once they were formal members.
It's not. From the document I posted above:

A student-athlete who transfers directly to an ACC institution from another ACC institution and who was recruited by the institution from which they are transferring, for whom the athletics department interceded in the admissions process, or who received any athletically related financial aid during the academic year immediately prior to the transfer is required to complete one (1) academic year (two full semesters or three full quarters) of residency at the certifying ACC institution before being eligible to compete for or to receive athletically related financial aid from the certifying institution.

It's not. From the document I posted above:

A student-athlete who transfers directly to an ACC institution from another ACC institution and who was recruited by the institution from which they are transferring, for whom the athletics department interceded in the admissions process, or who received any athletically related financial aid during the academic year immediately prior to the transfer is required to complete one (1) academic year (two full semesters or three full quarters) of residency at the certifying ACC institution before being eligible to compete for or to receive athletically related financial aid from the certifying institution.
I would assume in this scenario, Pastner would block Tucker from transferring to another ACC school - similar to what Pitt did with Cam Johnson.

I would assume in this scenario, Pastner would block Tucker from transferring to another ACC school - similar to what Pitt did with Cam Johnson.
They may well do that. I was just referring to the post that says it is allowed and the transfer only has to sit out 1 year.