Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 122 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

This will be interesting. If Duke can come in and get Tucker this late in the game, it shows why SU has been a non-factor since joining the ACC. I'm glad I haven't renewed my season tickets for next year.

Wait, what?

If he flips, to have it happen twice in one recruiting cycle, is just a kick in the nuts. At one time, for so many people, your word was your bond.
flips?

The obvious remains true.

His clearest, easiest path to the NBA is at SU.

You know what though? If he's confident in his abilities, has the spirit of a true competitor and thinks he's up to the challenge of earning substantial minutes at Duke...then good for him. I'll respect that.

Recruiting used to be fun to pay attention to.

I can't imagine how frustrating it is for the staff to worry that every kid they offer is really pursuing a Duke or U.K. offer. We need talent and we need it fast.

The obvious remains true.

His clearest, easiest path to the NBA is at SU.

You know what though? If he's confident in his abilities, has the spirit of a true competitor and thinks he's up to the challenge of earning substantial minutes at Duke...then good for him. I'll respect that.
Would you respect it if he has already told the Syracuse coaches that he is going to Syracuse?