Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 142 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

Most of us are grown men/women/other. It's weird to tweet at a 17/18 year old kid regardless of if they're a great athlete or not. If they come here, great. But I'm not going to tweet at them and tell them to.
I agree. If you were a recruit, I wouldn't tell you to come to Cuse, even if I were in a commercial for Cuse. I would ask you, "Want to come to Cuse?"

This dude isnt coming. Its that simple. Recruiting is in a tailspin currently. It is glaringly obvious, however, it seems nobody wants to admit that JBs attitude and the Zone are major points that other coaches can use when negatively recruiting against us. The dome doesn't hold the mystique it used to and our "newer" facilities are being surpassed each year. We are not playing on the same field as everyone else either. Sadly I think our golden years are behind us. We had multiple chance from 08-12 and blew them all, whether it was injury or underachieving.

Ask yourself what you would do if you were Tucker? Oh and remove the orange colored glasses first. Duke sucks on the teet of over exposure more than ANY school including UK... The sports media loves to suckle Dukes ladyparts and its indisputable. This guy thinks he can beat out any other recruits for playing time and the Big boy came calling at the midnight hour

In that first paragraph, you sound like one of those people in the snickers commercials (before they bite into the chocolate nugety goodness). Then in your second paragraph you complete negate everything you said by claiming there is no way to beat Duke in a recruiting battle no matter what.

This dude isnt coming. Its that simple. Recruiting is in a tailspin currently. It is glaringly obvious, however, it seems nobody wants to admit that JBs attitude and the Zone are major points that other coaches can use when negatively recruiting against us. The dome doesn't hold the mystique it used to and our "newer" facilities are being surpassed each year. We are not playing on the same field as everyone else either. Sadly I think our golden years are behind us. We had multiple chance from 08-12 and blew them all, whether it was injury or underachieving.

Ask yourself what you would do if you were Tucker? Oh and remove the orange colored glasses first. Duke sucks on the teet of over exposure more than ANY school including UK... The sports media loves to suckle Dukes ladyparts and its indisputable. This guy thinks he can beat out any other recruits for playing time and the Big boy came calling at the midnight hour
It's time to shut the program down. We got beat out by Kentucky and Duke for two prospects we wanted (if we lose Tucker). Two final fours in the last 5 years. Big deal.

It's time to shut the program down. We got beat out by Kentucky and Duke for two prospects we wanted (if we lose Tucker). Two final fours in the last 5 years. Big deal.
Not what I was saying. I simply meant we are not just "fine" This is a big deal given the circumstances

This has been said by virtually everyone about two dozen times per day since Green announced. Thanks for making sure we're all vigilant!
and thank you for taking your time to point that out! Amazing!

The end is clearly near. Scrap the coach, the zone, and the program. We are doomed if Jordan Tucker chooses Duke or GT.

The Dome lost its mystique? Last time I checked the Dome still can hold 30k+ for bball.

How are we not playing on the same field as everyone else?

Oh boy, another one of these "remove the orange colored glasses" guys. That's a cliched, played-out phrase and so are your tired opinions. Boring.

I don't get the "he wants to be the guy" so he will come here thoughts. If Tucker is our guy over the next 2 or 3 years we are in trouble. We need to recruit better than him next year. He gets minutes right away for sure, but being the man...I'll wait and see.
In the last 41 years, how many kids have we got out of high school that were ranked better than 40? I bet the number isn't 40

If we miss out on Tucker, would the best option be to land a player like Thorpe, slide him in at the 2, and go with a three guard lineup? Battle at least has the size to play defensively on the back line.

This is not a knock on you Rf, but I am so tired of hearing the "If we miss out on so and so" we should get so and so. We are Syracuse, we need to start landing some big fish, and stop settling for guys.

In the last 41 years, how many kids have we got out of high school that were ranked better than 40? I bet the number isn't 40
Going back to 1999, we have had 21 players in the RSCI top 40. At least 3 or 4 just outside of the top 40.