Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 140 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

Let's attempt to be logical. How can a recruit settle to go to a school as an admitted second choice to sit on bench behind other 5 star recruits with limited minutes at best and be over recruited next year with its strong class vs being a go to star on an almost as large stage for a team he grew up around that launches recruits in his mold. He will get no publicity at Duke vs All the publicity on a New York stage. I'm missing something

It's Duke. It's a top 3 program. Some guys are just drawn to it. Sure, some kids can take a step back and evaluate the playing time and the big picture but it's easy to be blinded. And who's to say he won't get publicity at Duke. On paper, yeah, he could get lost in the shuffle, but maybe he wants the challenge. He will be coached by the most successful, acclaimed college coach while doing so.

People need to take a step back if this is something they'd consider doing.

I really hope some fans don't stoop to that level. Unfortunately, some will. I don't have a Twitter, or mess with social media much. Whoever follows him here, just tell him to ignore the few fools and we respect his decision.

After Knox I shouldn't say anything is 100 percent, but yeah 100 percent.

Well, unless someone has a big bag of Franklin's hanging around then looks like 100 percent.

Everybody dreaded him getting a Duke offer because he was so up front about wanting one so badly for years. He's got it, so why would he all of a sudden say no to them? Our best hope is he has a horrible visit. I mean a disaster and Duke changes their mind.

It's Duke. It's a top 3 program. Some guys are just drawn to it. Sure, some kids can take a step back and evaluate the playing time and the big picture but it's easy to be blinded. And who's to say he won't get publicity at Duke. On paper, yeah, he could get lost in the shuffle, but maybe he wants the challenge. He will be coached by the most successful, acclaimed college coach while doing so.
We'll see how much he wants the challenge after he doesn't play, gets recruited over, then strongly considers transferring after his sophomore year.

Everybody dreaded him getting a Duke offer because he was so up front about wanting one so badly for years. He's got it, so why would he all of a sudden change say no to them? Our best hope is he has a horrible visit. I mean a disaster and Duke changes their mind.
I just hope he wants the Duke offer as a feather in the cap more than anything. "I got offered by Duke, but I played at SU"

Also I'm just checking this thread now after work. I'm surprised that SnapChat story didn't get more discussion.

He gets an offer from Duke, tweets about it, then posts a picture of him wearing Syracuse shorts that says "I'll always Bleed Orange". That seems massive to me...

jdubs30 We all want him to come here. We know our situation would be better. Maybe he does look at the Duke offer as just a feather in the cap. But it's an uphill climb for us to land him, as CuseMan said, it really is. I hope you optimists are right and we have a shot, I really do.

Also I'm just checking this thread now after work. I'm surprised that SnapChat story didn't get more discussion.

He gets an offer from Duke, tweets about it, then posts a picture of him wearing Syracuse shorts that says "I'll always Bleed Orange". That seems massive to me...

I disagree. That sounds very much like, "I'll still like you guys" even when I'm playing for K and (apparently unbeknownst to him) riding the pine.

jdubs30 We all want him to come here. We know our situation would be better. Maybe he does look at the Duke offer as just a feather in the cap. But it's an uphill climb for us to land him, as CuseMan said, it really is. I hope you optimists are right and we have a shot, I really do.
I'm sure one of the first questions that he asks the Duke coaches is what his role is going to be. These recruits need more than just a generic response. If he is smart then he will have Coach K lay it all out for him in regard to the other kids on the team. Even if K doesn't get real specific, our best hope is the JAB really lays it out for him. I don't think anyone is saying that Tucker is a one and doner, so hopefully he sees a bigger opportunity at the Cuse next year and down the road.

Not that it means anything but still kinda funny but juiceman took that video of him ballin in cuse shorts down from his instagram...maybe on Wednesday he'll post a new one with dookie shorts on...:vomit:

Hopefully he's got parents/friends/family in his ears telling him to look at the opportunity instead of the prestige.

Hopefully he's got parents/friends/family in his ears telling him to look at the opportunity instead of the prestige.

What's prestigious about riding the pine at Duke? :noidea:

Mike Gbinije didn't find it all that prestigious. ;)

Just heard coach K say his dear friend JB is an 'amazing' recruiter, but that he's just 'amazing'-er ;)

I'm sure he thinks he will earn a big role there. Jordan Tucker doesn't lack for self-confidence.
And consider: He was going to play here for what, two years? It's possible that he could develop into a starter by his junior or senior year at Duke. I don't think it's out of the question for him to want to go to college for four years. There isn't a financial need for him to leave early, his parents might want him to get his degree, and he strikes me as someone who is going to have a good time in school.

And consider: He was going to play here for what, two years? It's possible that he could develop into a starter by his junior or senior year at Duke. I don't think it's out of the question for him to want to go to college for four years. There isn't a financial need for him to leave early, his parents might want him to get his degree, and he strikes me as someone who is going to have a good time in school.

Good points but JT does want the NBA ASAP (cue everyone saying, then why choose Duke over SU?).