Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

The whole situation with Tucker is bizarre and gives me a bad vibe (despite his tweeting a photo in an Orange uniform). The guy has visited a bunch of times, seems to like it, is friendly with Moyer...but again never commits. Just like Quade, if he wanted to be Orange he would have committed. Now he's off to visit Oregon...a school that first gets involved near the stroke of midnight? I'm not liking the vibe. If he knew in his heart he wanted to be Orange he wouldn't be making trips to new last minute schools. Hope I'm wrong but...
It's not Oregon to be worried about. It's Ga Tech.

Is that this season or next? I keep getting confused.
Next. The penalties are/were two in the 2016-17 academic year, two in the 2017-18 academic year and one in the 2018-19 academic year.

5th year is far less of a crap shoot than a freshman. There is 3 years of college level video to watch.

You've completely missed the point. I'm not talking about their experience level, I'm taking about how unreliable it is whether or not there will be any fifth year transfers that [1] would be willing to come here, [2] that we could legitimately land, to fill a gap on the roster at the 11th hour.

It is a risky strategy to have to rely upon to fill a gaping hole in the lineup. Just because it worked once under incredibly unusual circumstances doesn't mean that it is a viable approach to rely upon. Doing so is what's a crap shoot.

How low?
I think 50 50 at best. I am worried about Ga Tech. The kid likes us. No doubt about that. But Ga Tech has a lot to offer him right now. They are selling him that it is a NBA city. And that all around him will be resources to get him to the NBA. Now, we put guys in the NBA every year. But Tucker is listening. And he does now live in Ga.

I think 50 50 at best. I am worried about Ga Tech. The kid likes us. No doubt about that. But Ga Tech has a lot to offer him right now. They are selling him that it is a NBA city. And that all around him will be resources to get him to the NBA. Now, we put guys in the NBA every year. But Tucker is listening. And he does now live in Ga.
Yeah uh what's the disconnect? Durham, Chapel Hill and Lexington aren't NBA cities but they have no problem putting players in the NBA.

What exactly has GaTech done to proven they can get guys into the NBA? Chris Bosh?

Also, didn't he only live in Georgia for 1 year?

Its a horrible sports city first of all, and why would he care that its an Nba city? We put a lot more guys in the pros than they do.

Lots of transplants living in Metro Atlanta including myself (now 15 years). College football is definitely king in the south. But Atlanta has a lot to offer in terms of entertainment. It may be landlocked, but it has every major sport (minus hockey-- bye Thrashers), concerts all the time, night life, colleges, filming movies, etc. That is appealing, especially to the younger crowd (Tucker). Definitely do not want to dismiss Tech from this equation. Although I still hope we pull this one out!

Side note... Atlanta United support has been great thus far! Awesome atmosphere! Right now their home stadium is Bobby Dodd (GA Tech's football stadium on GT's campus) and it has been sold out with 50k+ for every home match. They play there until July 30th when the new Falcons/United Stadium is ready. They are the only ATL team I root for.

Go Cuse! Get Tucker!

The problem with that is qualifying. Its never a sure thing.

Agree with that, but we are going to be average at best again next year so I would rather fill that spot with a prospect than kick the can down the road for another year to just try and make the tournament.

Agree with that, but we are going to be average at best again next year so I would rather fill that spot with a prospect than kick the can down the road for another year to just try and make the tournament.
If we're going to be average and there aren't any top shelf freshman available outside of tucker I'd rather fill the spot with a decent 5th year that leaves the scholarship available to better 2018 guys than a mediocre player who takes up a roster spot for 4 years or until he "decides" to transfer.

If we're going to be average and there aren't any top shelf freshman available outside of tucker I'd rather fill the spot with a decent 5th year that leaves the scholarship available to better 2018 guys than a mediocre player who takes up a roster spot for 4 years or until he "decides" to transfer.

If we don't get Tucker why not bring in both a grad transfer wing and Dolezaj. Grad is going to qualify to play and his ship is back for the 2018 class. You develop Dolezaj and if he isn't cleared he gets cleared during the course of the season and takes a red-shirt.

Yeah uh what's the disconnect? Durham, Chapel Hill and Lexington aren't NBA cities but they have no problem putting players in the NBA.

What exactly has GaTech done to proven they can get guys into the NBA? Chris Bosh?

Also, didn't he only live in Georgia for 1 year?

I think people are missing the point on location. It's not where he lived longer, it's where he lives NOW. Presumably the main reason he'd care about location is to be able to play in front of family. And if that's the case, they live in Atlanta now. Doesn't matter if they moved there 6 years ago or 6 months ago, unless they are planning to move again that's where they are.

Also they are probably only 30 minutes or so from Ga Tech campus (compared to being probably about 4 hours from cuse where they were before). In fact, they're now within about 6 hours of half the ACC schools (Clemson, unc, nc state, Duke, wake, fsu, and Louisville). So essentially they could see about 3/4 of his games in roughly the same amount of drive time it would've taken them to get to cuse, with all the home games at ga tech being MUCH closer and easier to attend

Not saying that ends the decision and we should give up on him. I still think we've got a good chance to land him. But just saying location is clearly a huge check in the Georgia tech column now

I don't see him playing more than 20 mins a game at tech where for us he ll be playing 35 it's a no brainer IMO

As far as Tucker and G-Tech we as fans and adults always miss the point by arguing why SU over where ever. Its about what appeals to the kid and his family. Its not always about easily measurable things. Sometimes its a single relationship that just clicks. Yes SU is a much better bball program than G-Tech is but Tucker will get plenty of time if he goes there and if he does well he will get plenty of publicity playing in the ACC. Not as much as if he was at SU IMO but enough. I hope he picks SU because we are pretty desperate for a stating caliber player with SF skills at this point.