Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 86 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

Holding out for such a high profile offer like Duke, you could infer that since SU is a higher profile bball school than G-Tech then SU is more likely. Just idle talk from me though.

Figured that was your reasoning. I think it's a flip between SU and Tech but he wouldn't blink before accepting a Duke offer. Let's hope things line up for us to be in the mix.

Holding out for such a high profile offer like Duke, you could infer that since SU is a higher profile bball school than G-Tech then SU is more likely. Just idle talk from me though.

I tend to agree with this...i do think him and his family know that cuse is a much more successful and storied basketball program (no disrespect to gt) and that there is a huge fan base and tons of exposure and i think that big time programs are attractive to him...with that said I think he would prefer duke as his first available option and that's the hesitation in comiting. Kinda like we are duke to gt yet we are gt to duke...at least that's my thinking on the situation...then again he may just pick gt :bat:

I agree.

IMO, if you value Duke, then you probably value program prestige, coaching prestige, track record of getting players to NBA etc.
These are all qualities that there is no dispute that we do better than Tech

If you value playing close to home and are willing to give up some of the bigger program benefits above then you would pick Tech over Duke and SU.

It would not surprise me if he is trying to get in a top 5 program (Duke) and if he doesnt get in then he has a top 10 program as a backup (SU) and then he has his hometown team that will take him no matter what in case option 1 or 2 doesnt work out.

Isn't that how everybody applies to college?

I'm at peace with this at this point. If he doesn't come here, try to net Nahz Carter and someone who can shoot and really go guns blazing at the '18 guys. Get guys who really want to be in Orange.

That is the question I have struggled with since my fandom started ~30 years ago.

Would you rather have a more talented team with players who may not be as passionate about your program or a team of slightly less talented players but who really want to be in Orange.

That is the question I have struggled with since my fandom started ~30 years ago.

Would you rather have a more talented team with players who may not be as passionate about your program or a team of slightly less talented players but who really want to be in Orange.

The kids we consider "less talented" are the kids who would end up at Dayton/Baylor/Xavier etc and "buy into" a system and next thing you know they're deep in the tournament while we're talking about football tailgating and the NBA.

I'll take the 3 and 4 stars who fall in love with it and fight. We have the hall of fame coach, the home court advantage and the facilities.

In Jordan Tucker, though, I see a NY'er with the game to help lead a program and a city back to prominence. I think if he chooses SU he could be one of those kids that falls in love, much like Kris Joseph and CJ.

I'll take the 3 and 4 stars who fall in love with it and fight. We have the hall of fame coach, the home court advantage and the facilities.

Yes! We don't need to go all in on a 5 star player. Take the 3 and 4 star kids that want to be here, as opposed to the 5 star kid who is just waiting for that Kentucky or Duke offer. I'd prefer we not play the fall back plan for anyone.

That said, I hope we get Tucker. I think he offers a lot, and we're a great match for him too.

Yes! We don't need to go all in on a 5 star player. Take the 3 and 4 star kids that want to be here, as opposed to the 5 star kid who is just waiting for that Kentucky or Duke offer. I'd prefer we not play the fall back plan for anyone.

I'm not upset we went all in on Quade, a lot of factors played into that recruitment.

I look forward to the future though. Hope we tap back into the WNY/Philly/Baltimore area and find the kids with an attitude that we built our golden age on.

Figured that was your reasoning. I think it's a flip between SU and Tech but he wouldn't blink before accepting a Duke offer. Let's hope things line up for us to be in the mix.

If Duke offers(and I don't think they will) and he goes there I think it is a bad decision for the player.

No way he plays next year over Allen, Trent, Jackson(most likely), Duval(most likely), Bolden and Carter. He would be another talented prospect they recruit who considers transferring in a year when they sign Reddish and Romeo Langford.

I agree.

IMO, if you value Duke, then you probably value program prestige, coaching prestige, track record of getting players to NBA etc.
These are all qualities that there is no dispute that we do better than Tech

If you value playing close to home and are willing to give up some of the bigger program benefits above then you would pick Tech over Duke and SU.

It would not surprise me if he is trying to get in a top 5 program (Duke) and if he doesnt get in then he has a top 10 program as a backup (SU) and then he has his hometown team that will take him no matter what in case option 1 or 2 doesnt work out.

Isn't that how everybody applies to college?

I just applied to Syracuse and that's it.

There's zero chance Knox winds up anywhere but Duke. I'd bet the air I breathe
I agree. Knox is most likely going to land at Duke, and I think Tucker likely winds up at Cuse.

The kids we consider "less talented" are the kids who would end up at Dayton/Baylor/Xavier etc and "buy into" a system and next thing you know they're deep in the tournament while we're talking about football tailgating and the NBA.

In Jordan Tucker, though, I see a NY'er with the game to help lead a program and a city back to prominence. I think if he chooses SU he could be one of those kids that falls in love, much like Kris Joseph and CJ.

I don't think this is accurate at all (the stuff about Baylor/Dayton etc). It may seem that way, but it isn't the reality. In general, I am not agreeing with a lot of what you have said here.

More talent. Once they get here they become part of the program and it's never discussed again who was recruiting them.