Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 87 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

And then we'll undoubtedly hear how Coach K is doing one of his best coaching jobs yet because some of his McDonalds AA's aren't All-ACC from day 1.
He did do a great job last year, after all, 1 or 2 of his McDonald's All-Americans were "forced" into starting roles early due to injuries, when they clearly weren't ready.

Unreal how that entire rotation is almost 100% composed of All Americans. And people act like getting Frank Jackson to play well is just Coach K "finding a diamond in the rough".

Doesn't seem like a great sign.
I don't think it is good or bad. It is 30 minutes from where he lives and he is visiting on a week day. Maybe he is taking one more look and telling them thanks for recruiting me and I'm going to Syracuse. I would feel worse if it was an official on the weekend and they were wining and dining him one last time. Either way it's a coin flip in my opinion.

I don't think it is good or bad. It is 30 minutes from where he lives and he is visiting on a week day. Maybe he is taking one more look and telling them thanks for recruiting me and I'm going to Syracuse. I would feel worse if it was an official on the weekend and they were wining and dining him one last time. Either way it's a coin flip in my opinion.

Agreed, neither good or bad. The plan was to visit G-Tech last and then decide. Looks like the visit got pushed back but the plan is the same.

The same person who announced he is going Wednesday also said it could still go either way. I wish we were the last visit, but I don't think them being last means he isn't coming for sure.

Why?
I dunno... don't love that they get last pitch and then he makes his decision probably standing in front of them. It doesn't necessarily mean anything. I just don't love it.

Maybe... maybe it's just the wording I don't like. Like if it said "he will visit gt then go home to think over his options for a few days."iIt would sound better to me.

This is my take on it...again just my opinion but it's the only thing that makes sense to me...he knows all about both programs. He knows the prestige and following we have and the success etc...gt is a program that has a new coach and is on the rise however let's be honest they have no where close to the pedigree that we have...hes already been to gt many times this year and here he is going one last time...its like he is giving them every chance to try and sell him on their program and I'm sure playing in front of his family is a big factor but I honestly think in his heart he probably feels like they aren't a top tier program and he's struggling with the thought of going there. Guess we will know pretty soon now

Can you elaborate? Just curious.
Visiting midweek IMO means the kid wants the visit ASAP.
I get the kid is from Atlanta but the campus is less active mid week rather than on the weekend.

I taking it as the kid wants to get it over with and he is doing the visit to
Midweek to announce his final decision quicker.

I think he is coming here.

Visiting midweek IMO means the kid wants the visit ASAP.
I get the kid is from Atlanta but the campus is less active mid week rather than on the weekend.

I taking it as the kid wants to get it over with and he is doing the visit to
Midweek to announce his final decision quicker.

I think he is coming here.
We are definitely overdue for some good news on the recruiting front!

Question:

What are the reasons to do an official visit for a local kid. I understand that an official visit has paid travel and meals - which makes sense for someone traveling from a distance, but I'm not sure what other things are opened up as "legal" on an official visit as opposed to an unofficial. The other thing I know is that an official is typically an overnight thing on a weekend so the player gets more bonding time with existing players, sees the living conditions, more of the social scene, etc. But this visit was described as being Wednesday - ie a single day. Maybe he stays overnight on Wednesday night?

I am sure there must be good reasons for a local kid to do an official. But looking at this, doing it mid week and potentially with no overnight is pretty odd.

Question:

What are the reasons to do an official visit for a local kid. I understand that an official visit has paid travel and meals - which makes sense for someone traveling from a distance, but I'm not sure what other things are opened up as "legal" on an official visit as opposed to an unofficial. The other thing I know is that an official is typically an overnight thing on a weekend so the player gets more bonding time with existing players, sees the living conditions, more of the social scene, etc. But this visit was described as being Wednesday - ie a single day. Maybe he stays overnight on Wednesday night?

I am sure there must be good reasons for a local kid to do an official. But looking at this, doing it mid week and potentially with no overnight is pretty odd.

Pretty sure that the hookers, alcohol and drugs are only legal on the "unofficial" visits.

If you have a local school, you do the local visit as the polite and right thing to do, even if it is not your first choice. Like Andrew White and VCU last year. I am not saying this is what Tucker is doing, but just saying this in general. The type of player we want is going to do this type of visit even though it is not the type of visit where you are seeing new things, new cities, and getting to travel. If he comes to Syracuse, this visit to GT just speaks about the character of this particular person. With that being said, I hope he comes to SU, as we all know what it will be like as you can see in the Duke game winning shot posted above, and he will make such a difference to our team.
I have to say that having moved from NJ to AZ 7 years ago, you never lose the "Joisey" in you, so don't be too concerned about him now living in Georgia. The friends he grew up with, and the memories that are fondest are in NJ.

If you have a local school, you do the local visit as the polite and right thing to do, even if it is not your first choice. Like Andrew White and VCU last year. I am not saying this is what Tucker is doing, but just saying this in general. The type of player we want is going to do this type of visit even though it is not the type of visit where you are seeing new things, new cities, and getting to travel. If he comes to Syracuse, this visit to GT just speaks about the character of this particular person. With that being said, I hope he comes to SU, as we all know what it will be like as you can see in the Duke game winning shot posted above, and he will make such a difference to our team.
I have to say that having moved from NJ to AZ 7 years ago, you never lose the "Joisey" in you, so don't be too concerned about him now living in Georgia. The friends he grew up with, and the memories that are fondest are in NJ.
How many tables have you flipped since moving to AZ?

How many tables have you flipped since moving to AZ?
I lived in the same town as Theresa!!
Never been a table flipper. But you really have to learn to live a slightly slower and more temperate pace here...

This last visit may be to appease his parent's request that he stay local. Hopefully, JT says:

upload_2017-5-1_10-1-41.png

Question:

the visit Wed is being reported as Unofficial

Total speculation on my part...the family move to Georgia.

I don't necessarily take that as a negative for us. I went to over a dozen schools before I graduated from high school (military kid). By the time I got to high school in a different locality (as a teen) I would have much rather returned to the previous locality where I had established friends. Parents and family were not the priority that they were when I was a younger kid.

Tucker spent most of his life going to school and living in an area where he established long time friendships. Cuse is closer to that part of his life than Atlanta.

Why not. It sounds like he shifted from an official over the weekend to an unofficial one Wednesday. Nothing there scares me
He said from day one before his visits that he was not going to commit until he finished all his visits. He may very well choose GT. I sure hope he does not :). Perhaps he is keeping to his word or perhaps as someone else suggested, he is being courteous. Timing aside , I wish they weren't the last visit. I have no inside info , but I think he will announce soon.