Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 89 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

Based on Tucker's twitter, I'm 100% convinced he knows where he's going. Is the GaTech visit just a formality? Is he doing it just appease local people? Or is he going to commit to GaTech so he's just seeing Pastner once more?

Regardless, it seems like he knows. Unless Knox doesn't go to Duke.

He knows. We will know soon enough. The visit shouldn't change anything.

This could turn into one of the biggest meltdowns of all time if he chooses lowly GT over us.

Shouldn't be a meltdown, Friendo. Coin flips are tough to call.
image.jpeg

She must know Knox is going to duke ...

It's not a secret that Tucker would leap at a Duke offer. He's made that transparent. He's just very unlikely to get one and he knows it. Knox to Duke is a high probability but Kemtucky wants Knox too so, never say never.

It's not a secret that Tucker would leap at a Duke offer. He's made that transparent. He's just very unlikely to get one and he knows it. Knox to Duke is a high probability but Kemtucky wants Knox too so, never say never.
I don't buy it no offense . im sure he's probably known what he's going to do for awhile , Knox not committing to duke doesn't changes that imo.

I don't buy it no offense . im sure he's probably known what he's going to do for awhile , Knox not committing to duke doesn't changes that imo.

I take no offense at all.

Tucker is now going to Georgia Tech on Thursday.

Either the "visit" to GT is to appease his parents or a photo op for his announcement.

If he based his decision on the fan responses in his tweet w/Conan above, we'd blow GT away. There's like 2-3 GT responses and about 25 SU responses.

Either the "visit" to GT is to appease his parents or a photo op for his announcement.
What does your gut feeling say? I'm totally on the fence.

As we all know, no use getting worked up over recruiting drama, but I have two contrasting thoughts:

1. He's always seemed to have gravitated towards the big name schools. See Indiana, possible desire to go to Duke etc... This is a plus for us over Ga Tech.
  2. Conversely, if he is already set on SU, why even visit Ga Tech? Seems like he should already be reasonably familiar with their program/campus, so I'd guess he would already know all he does.

As we all know, no use getting worked up over recruiting drama, but I have two contrasting thoughts:

1. He's always seemed to have gravitated towards the big name schools. See Indiana, possible desire to go to Duke etc... This is a plus for us over Ga Tech.
  2. Conversely, if he is already set on SU, why even visit Ga Tech? Seems like he should already be reasonably familiar with their program/campus, so I'd guess he would already know all he does.

2) Either make arrangements for or make an announcement for Tech. Or to inform Pastner in person that they came in second.

2) Either make arrangements for or make an announcement for Tech. Or to inform Pastner in person that they came in second.
Here's anotbing possibility. Recently, the number one overall recruit for 2018 in football committed to clemson over South Carolina. A few days prior to committing to clemson he visited South Carolina. In an interview he said he went back to SC to make sure for one last time that clemson was the place he wanted to be. It was a reassurance that clemson was it. tucker could be the same way.

What does your gut feeling say? I'm totally on the fence.
I'll say this: If he's visiting GT to make his announcement, then he must know exactly when Knox is announcing.

Is he announcing AT G-Tech? I don't like the sound of that. I thought he was just announcing after the trip there.