Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 97 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

He might want to go to Syracuse. He might not. But I get the impression from those quotes that his dad might prefer G tech.

Seems that way. Syracuse would give him more spotlight, but using ESPN for an announcement gives them the spotlight while still being stuck at GaTech. They will be on ESPN plenty anyway. Playing better teams, but they get their attention, and school the family wants. My gut doesn't feel good about this one. Nahz come on down, you're the next contestant on the...never mind. Don't want a violation.

I'm pretty sure his dad isn't going to play basketball anywhere. He needs to make his own decision

I am a Ga Tech guy and have been "lurking" on your board for weeks. I share your respect for the Syracuse program and wish we were not vying for the same recruits. That said, Syracuse is an old world city compared to Atlanta. If you have not been there is the past 20 years you would not recognise the changes. Ga Tech is a green oasis in the city with tons of multiracial and multicultural venues right at its doorstep. The music scene is phenomenal. The food is awesome. And, now that the Falcons are playing pretty well and the Hawks are not too bad, we have a decent sports scene. Ga Tech is trying to be a part of that and Josh Pastner has rekindled the passion long dormant since the Cremins era. No. We are nowhere close to Syracuse in the recent past. But we are turning the corner. Enough with the disrespectful comments about our city and school. I think if you read the Swarm there will nothing disrespectful of the Orange.

Wherever Jordan Tucker decides to play he will get a great education and play in the ACC. He cannot go wrong with the choices he is considering.

Last edited:
First off you're right, he will be fine either way, but let's not forget this is a CUSE fan board, and if you think the Ga Tech fan base is too good to say anything disrespectful about CUSE, you must be a very sheltered person. We all love our schools and teams, but this is sports, and all fan bases have a large number of fans that they are not proud of, but let's not pretend they aren't there! Let's just focus on the good ones and enjoy!
I am a Ga Tech guy and have been "lurking" on your board for weeks. I share your respect for the Syracuse program and wish we were not vying for the same recruits. That said, Syracuse is an old world city compared to Atlanta. If you have not been there is the past 20 years you would not recognise the changes. Ga Tech is a green oasis in the city with tons of multiracial and multicultural cultural venues right at its doorstep. The music scene is phenomenal. The food is awesome. And, now that the Falcons are playing pretty well and the Hawks are not too bad, we have a decent sports scene. Ga Tech is trying to be a part of that and Josh Pastner has rekindled the passion long dormant since the Cremins era. No. We are nowhere close to Syracuse in the recent past. But we are turning the corner. Enough with the disrespectful comments about our city and school. I think if you read the Swarm there will nothing disrespectful of the Orange.

Wherever Jordan Tucker decides to play he will get a great education and play in the ACC. He cannot go wrong with the choices he is considering.

I am a Ga Tech guy and have been "lurking" on your board for weeks. I share your respect for the Syracuse program and wish we were not vying for the same recruits. That said, Syracuse is an old world city compared to Atlanta. If you have not been there is the past 20 years you would not recognise the changes. Ga Tech is a green oasis in the city with tons of multiracial and multicultural cultural venues right at its doorstep. The music scene is phenomenal. The food is awesome. And, now that the Falcons are playing pretty well and the Hawks are not too bad, we have a decent sports scene. Ga Tech is trying to be a part of that and Josh Pastner has rekindled the passion long dormant since the Cremins era. No. We are nowhere close to Syracuse in the recent past. But we are turning the corner. Enough with the disrespectful comments about our city and school. I think if you read the Swarm there will nothing disrespectful of the Orange.

Naturally I hope Tucker chooses Syracuse, but I agree on your assessment of Atlanta. It's a great city. If the programs were closer in status and both produced NBA players at the same rate, and I was Tucker, I'd pick Tech. Syracuse weather sucks. I don't live there anymore. But, Syracuse will always hold a special place in my heart. I hope playing before 35K plus fans in the Dome with a HOF coach is enough. I'm sorry for some of the disrespectful posts toward Ga Tech. There's been a lot of grumbling on this board lately because we've come in second a few times this year on the recruits we've targeted. It can get quite ugly at times. Best wishes.

First off you're right, he will be fine either way, but let's not forget this is a CUSE fan board, and if you think the Ga Tech fan base is too good to say anything disrespectful about CUSE, you must be a very sheltered person. We all love our schools and teams, but this is sports, and all fan bases have a large number of fans that they are not proud of, but let's not pretend they aren't there! Let's just focus on the good ones and enjoy!
Oh, we certainly think Tucker will be better served by playing for Tech. You are correct. We are fans of our team. Scan down the Swarm thread for Tucker and find anything disrespectful of Syracuse University or the city. I do not think it's there. You will find trash talk, so I am not claiming chastity.

I am a Ga Tech guy and have been "lurking" on your board for weeks. I share your respect for the Syracuse program and wish we were not vying for the same recruits. That said, Syracuse is an old world city compared to Atlanta. If you have not been there is the past 20 years you would not recognise the changes. Ga Tech is a green oasis in the city with tons of multiracial and multicultural venues right at its doorstep. The music scene is phenomenal. The food is awesome. And, now that the Falcons are playing pretty well and the Hawks are not too bad, we have a decent sports scene. Ga Tech is trying to be a part of that and Josh Pastner has rekindled the passion long dormant since the Cremins era. No. We are nowhere close to Syracuse in the recent past. But we are turning the corner. Enough with the disrespectful comments about our city and school. I think if you read the Swarm there will nothing disrespectful of the Orange.

Atlanta for years has been known as a terrible sports town, I am watching the Mets/Braves game right now, tons of empty seats, which should not happen, your playing the Mets in your brand new stadium. Atlanta is a nice city, but in terms of sports, its as bad as it gets, and Gtech bball no offense, but it just doesn't matter one bit.

I hope you noticed I did not mention the Braves. But, we had our run for quite a while. BTW, the Braves and Mets are in a race to the bottom this year. Neither team deserves a full stadium. But, let's not start on professional teams. The Nats left Syracuse 60 years ago.

Oh, we certainly think Tucker will be better served by playing for Tech. You are correct. We are fans of our team. Scan down the Swarm thread for Tucker and find anything disrespectful of Syracuse University or the city. I do not think it's there. You will find trash talk, so I am not claiming chastity.
If I scan down the Swarm thread, will I even find anything about Tucker?

And let me just play along here. Let's say he picks CUSE, you know dang well the first post will be about how stupid he is to pick a school so close to to the North Pole! He'll never get NBA exposure throwing snowballs instead of basketballs!!

I hope you noticed I did not mention the Braves. But, we had our run for quite a while. BTW, the Braves and Mets are in a race to the bottom this year. Neither team deserves a full stadium. But, let's not start on professional teams. The Nats left Syracuse 60 years ago.
That's right. Syracuse is a college town. That's one of the big difference between the two cities. People who live in ATL don't care about GaTech athletics. People in Syracuse live, breathe and die Orange. Pluses and Minuses to both schools. Of course, we are biased. We feel Syracuse is the best situation. Nothing is going to change our mind.

Reppin his city
Screenshot_20170503-234643.png

Well, playing games won't matter. Tucker is our guy. If he says no, we go all-out for Sid The Kid. If he says no, uh oh.

I think if Sid said Yes we would take him tonight without waiting on Tucker. I think Tuckers past problems would give the staff enough concern to not pass on a prospect such as Sid to see what Tuckers decision would be.

He loves us, he loves us not ... Sounds like the kid already knows exactly where he's going and is just having fun trying to troll both fanbases. Clearly wants attention and to drum up some suspense for his announcement. Trouble is there's only one fanbase to speak of here. For his sake I hope he picks us, or he'll have to change his twitter/ig handles.

My question is, if Tech gets Tucker are they better than us next year? Or if we get Tucker are we better than them next year.

Is he a big enough piece to flip these two teams in the standings?

My question is, if Tech gets Tucker are they better than us next year? Or if we get Tucker are we better than them next year.

Is he a big enough piece to flip these two teams in the standings?
He probably flips it but I think both teams are going to pretty close so it's less him and more the slim margin.

I will admit that was a troll job but everything else I have said isn't. Right now Georgia Tech insiders feel like he will be a yellow jacket & Syracuse feels it's 50/50. Gunna be an exciting finish.