Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 135 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

You spend months begging a kid to come play for you. You sell yourself, program, and the opportunity. He has options. Good options. Then he calls you and let's you know he's in and you start giving him ultimatums? Is this your strategy for picking up girls as well? It doesn't work like that man. You just put your best foot forward and hope she gets in the cab with you at the end of the night. If she does, you let it play out on her schedule. You don't ask her commit to jumping on your $^&$ in the cab on route to your condo. Use some common sense.

Ha. This is hysterical. I mean that with all sincerity. Common sense??? What's that? This is a 135 page recruiting thread.

Too bad. Certainly doesn't look good then. Some people are surprised K would do this to JB offering at the last minute given their friendship and all. But business is business, and he hasn't beaten JB in 3 years. Keeping JT away from us had to play into the decision to offer once they didn't get Knox.

K didn't offer Tucker to keep him away from us.
Is that why he offers all those other 4-5* guys? To keep them away from us? :rolleyes:

He offered him as sloppy 2nd's, since his first choice fell thru and went to UK.

I'm pretty sure that coaches from one program, don't check with coaches from another, before offering an uncommitted recruit.

Another thing as well, there is definitely no comparison in terms of overall weather between Raleigh and Syracuse.

You spend months begging a kid to come play for you. You sell yourself, program, and the opportunity. He has options. Good options. Then he calls you and let's you know he's in and you start giving him ultimatums? Is this your strategy for picking up girls as well? It doesn't work like that man. You just put your best foot forward and hope she gets in the cab with you at the end of the night. If she does, you let it play out on her schedule. You don't ask her commit to jumping on your $^&$ in the cab on route to your condo. Use some common sense.

i this this underscores the predicament we have been in with QG and now JT. Good post.

I dont know it's weird if it was so easily a tell that he was Duke then why does it look like we have a obvious chance still? I mean yeah this kid likes to play the game more then maybe any recruit I've ever seen but still. I dont know I guess we'll this week.

What's a $^&$ mean?

Totally agree. This notion that we should/could somehow strongarm recruits is silly. If you're going after the best players be prepared to lose to Duke or UK. If you don't want to play that game recruit different guys.

Totally agree. This notion that we should/could somehow strongarm recruits is silly. If you're going after the best players be prepared to lose to Duke or UK. If you don't want to play that game recruit different guys.
The thing is, I think we were recruiting different guys. Both kentucky and duke only came running when they struck out with different recruits.

I dont know it's weird if it was so easily a tell that he was Duke then why does it look like we have a obvious chance still? I mean yeah this kid likes to play the game more then maybe any recruit I've ever seen but still. I dont know I guess we'll this week.
I do think there is a generational shift going on here that we are not particularly good at.

Also, it seems lately that these last few classes miss the dominant superstar players. I truly don't understand not wanting to be the man somewhere. BMOC. It's seems this last batch of guys in the last few lack those types.

K didn't offer Tucker to keep him away from us.
Is that why he offers all those other 4-5* guys? To keep them away from us? :rolleyes:

He offered him as sloppy 2nd's, since his first choice fell thru and went to UK.

I'm pretty sure that coaches from one program, don't check with coaches from another, before offering an uncommitted recruit.
Didn't say K offered just to keep him away. His offering JT at the last second, despite K's relationship with JB, rubbed people the wrong way. But from his perspective, that he'd be "stealing" an important recruit from his "friend" JB could be more of a positive than negative factor.

Last edited:
The thing is, I think we were recruiting different guys. Both kentucky and duke only came running when they struck out with different recruits.
Eh. UK had been hanging around Quade for 6 plus months. We let other guys fall by the wayside even though we knew that.

JT was not shy about his desire to play for Duke.

If we are going to recruit with the big boys we have to man up a little (or recruit different)

Didn't say K offered just to keep him away. His offering JT at the last second, despite K's relationship with JB, rubbed people the wrong way. But from his perspective, that he'd be "stealing" an important recruit from his "friend" JB could be more of a a positive than negative factor.
If K wasn't doing this he should just retire.

Didn't say K offered just to keep him away. His offering JT at the last second, despite K's relationship with JB, rubbed people the wrong way. But from his perspective, that he'd be "stealing" an important recruit from his "friend" JB could be more of a a positive than negative factor.
Maybe he was just friends with JB to be near Hop

I do think there is a generational shift going on here that we are not particularly good at.

Also, it seems lately that these last few classes miss the dominant superstar players. I truly don't understand not wanting to be the man somewhere. BMOC. It's seems this last batch of guys in the last few lack those types.
Oh dude I could never imagine. I would go somewhere that Actually wants me. If I truly believed in my game I wouldn't need to go to Duke to get me s title and the NBA looks I want/need.

Right and we had no leverage with tucker. The mistake we may have made with quade is putting all our eggs in one basket. Not giving him an ultimatum. But that may have been reasonable under the circumstances.

You could say the same thing about the NBA and everyone on the Cavs/ Warriors.

I agree. I really big part of it this cycle is we have been unlucky. If Trae Young had gone to UK and Kevin Knox had gone to Duke we would have both Quade Green and Jordan Tucker. That is the reality. Unfortunately it didn't work out that way for us.

Coach K is the kid at the party who grabs most of the piñata candy or Easter eggs smh
If your career and legacy and income depend on it, that's what you do: you grab most of the piñata candy or Easter eggs

You could say the same thing about the NBA and everyone on the Cavs/ Warriors.
I could and I do. There's really only about 5-6 true superstars in the game. It's sad.

If we were looking at another team's forum and saw this level of obsession about getting any particular recruit, we would be laughing our head's off.

I am trying to do the same here.

This is just too out of control.

What will happen & when it happens - will happen when it does.

Why is this a big shock to people, hasn't this type of thread happened quite frequently over the past few years? We have a dedicated fan base that is one of the most active fan bases in the country, hopefully Jordan Tucker notices that, if he doesn't I can appreciate that the staff is already on to backup options just in case.