Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 152 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

I think we would've heard it sooner then a week later if he also silently verballed to GT as well...

If you love Duke like you love the Dallas Cowboys you have a point, but a lot of people HATE duke like they HATE the Dallas Cowboys.

Personally I'd rather play for UK than ratface, but to each their own.

I absolutely fully hate Duke in the same way I hate ND in football but that Antwan Bailey game in 09 was an absolute must to see the place.

Coming in hot from behind the shadows:

Confused as to why many of you seem to think Cuse would be ahead of GT right now in Tucker's recruitment. Even if he did give a silent commit to Cuse when he visited up there, he gave one to GT a last week as well - contingent on receiving a Duke offer. So either things changed and GT made him change his mind on his visit to Midtown Atlanta, or he's just being friendly with both and neither comment meant much at all. Further, there's also rumors coming from pay sites that Cuse has all but stopped recruiting him because they feel out of the race. So, fire at me! What am I missing from your perspective that's leading you to believe Cuse would be ahead of GT here?

Too much heat on the ATLien username so you decided to switch it up. Well done.

Too much heat on the ATLien username so you decided to switch it up. Well done.

Nah, this is not ATLien. While I still think ATLien actually had real info from close to the program, he also wanted to make sure we knew that. Putting himself into conversations with the player or family (whether he was legit or not, that was his style). This poor chap is referencing "pay sites" for information about what Syracuse is doing. That is waaaayy too low rent for ATLien.

Nah, this is not ATLien. While I still think ATLien actually had real info from close to the program, he also wanted to make sure we knew that. Putting himself into conversations with the player or family (whether he was legit or not, that was his style). This poor chap is referencing "pay sites" for information about what Syracuse is doing. That is waaaayy too low rent for ATLien.
He may have said things you disagree with but he wasn't a jerk. Just being civil( wife happy)

Gonna be a rush if he picks us! I really think we're in it cause he really bleeds orange but wants to prove a point. Garson another martini please

1- practically Ivy League education if u stay
2- incredible legacy
3-top coach who's also Team USA coach
4- get to play and practice with top players in country
5- gods on campus
6- gorgeous campus
7- rabid fan base
8- ridiculous media attention/bias
Hate Duke but got to acknowledge why players go there
Here in NC their fan base is 3rd behind UNC and NC state.

Hardly hear anything from them esp at the bars. The media makes them bigger than they are.

Example: even local Duke fans dislike Grayson Allen well the media makes you think he's looked at like a god around RDU

1500 hours on Duke visit Day II and still no commitment.

If Tucker doesn't give Duke a verbal before he leaves and bows down to kiss K's boots ... it will be a bigger upset than Battle of Midway showing in the KY Derby.

TBH the meltdown if he picks Duke will be almost as enjoyable as if he picks us.

Almost.
I just can't bring myself to be that worked up about this at all. We didn't recruit Tucker for a long time and got back involved late. If he goes to Duke that's where he goes.

idk if i can see a major meltdown on here, im sure some trolls will come out from under their bridges and bash our recruting and JB but the fact we weren't recruiting him up until a month or so ago should reason with people, we climbed back in this thing so late..id be upset we didn't get him but i wouldn't be devastated

I think we would've heard it sooner then a week later if he also silently verballed to GT as well...

It was posted at the time on a GT site by a respected insider. The insider then talked to a different insider and re-confirmed the silent commit (still contingent on Duke offer). It was alluded to on here a couple times as well. This isn't new info. I assumed this info was known.

idk if i can see a major meltdown on here, im sure some trolls will come out from under their bridges and bash our recruting and JB but the fact we weren't recruiting him up until a month or so ago should reason with people, we climbed back in this thing so late..id be upset we didn't get him but i wouldn't be devastated

That's reasonable, but reason doesn't have to play a role in a meltdown.

That's reasonable, but reason doesn't have to play a role in a meltdown.

agreed im sure well have some posters say the sky is falling and spit the usual negative rhetoric but i think most of us, if not all of us were surprised when JB was all of a sudden down in Georgia to re-recruit him. This always felt like a long shot and the fact we have gotten back in this thing is only encouraging to me

It's amazing how optimistic the gt fans are still...they have a crazy idea that he has built up all of this publicity of duke and cuse over the past few weeks with little to nothing about gt just so he can shock the world when he announces he's joining the swarm. If that's the case I think everyone will poo themselves!

It's amazing how optimistic the gt fans are still...they have a crazy idea that he has built up all of this publicity of duke and cuse over the past few weeks with little to nothing about gt just so he can shock the world when he announces he's joining the swarm. If that's the case I think everyone will poo themselves!
They may have a point; choices are down to the "home" school, or the "name" school. Problem for us is that he replaced us for a bigger "name" school...

you know campus life is booming when you have to take a recruit over to your house as a selling point
Not sure why you keep bagging on Duke and Durham in general. I would consider it very similar to the city of Syracuse. And as much as I dislike the Duke basketball program, the campus and academics are incredible. Add on top of that finals are over and commencement is this weekend.