Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

Unless he leaves this weekend with dried ink on the line.
Yeah if he leaves without signing I'm not going to feel good about this. This one seems like he's ready to pull the trigger when the situation feels right.

Meh. If he doesn't sign this week, then we just have to expect a more drawn out recruitment and hope that he ends up still preferring us over Georgia Tech at the end of it. I won't panic if he doesn't sign this weekend.

I would obviously love for him to commit this weekend though.

The way I see it: Ayala starts and FH and HW battle for the primary backup role. Whomever doesn't get that will get scraps. I doubt HW redshirts but I guess anything is possible. My hope is HW gets some minutes at FH's expense but based on what JB has been saying, he will have to earn his time (JB seems to like FH).
Which seems insane to me. JB did everything he could to not play Frank this past year after the first month, and rightfully so. Frank had an attitude on the bench much of the time and when he played, it was not pretty.

We don't know any details or how things really are, but on the surface, I have no idea what JB is seeing in Frank on the court, nor how so much seems to depend on him for next season. It's crazy to me.

We simply cannot allow for that to happen, this is a make or break recruit for the program. We aren't competing against Duke or Uk, its Gtech.
No he isn't.

If we don't land him, we aren't going to fold up the program.

If we don'd land him, we'll go after a 5th year kid, and probably just suck a little less. Right?

For the concerned crowd... Frank will not be on campus this weekend.

No Moyer as previously noted. Not to mention that Jordan has seen the campus, students, life, etc. plenty already.

This is all business for Tucker and our staff. Time to close.
tenor.gif

No he isn't.

If we don'd land him, we'll go after a 5th year kid, and probably just suck a little less. Right?

The program won't fold, but with the state of our recruiting lately, if we lost a kid to Gtech, we are in trouble.

For those who haven't seen yet. I'm not too worried about Georgia tech getting the last visit. He's saying all the right stuff just as most kids do. He'll commit to the school he wants when he does. His timeline is by the end of the month it tuis visit to cuse this weekend is strictly business. I wouldn't be surprised by a commitment this week but I wouldn't bank on it either. It'll come.

No he isn't.

At least Tucker would be here for 2 years. Grad Transfers are just recycled roster spots.

Pretty sure we won't be getting a commitment this weekend. Hopefully he likes what jb and the staff has to say and being that he has always liked us hopefully in the end he chooses us...really wish we could just get the deal done but looks like we will be waiting a little longer.

Another guy who is turned off a bit by SU playing nothing but zone. It's impossible to say it's not a sizable factor with recruits.

The program won't fold, but with the state of our recruiting lately, if we lost a kid to Gtech, we are in trouble.
His family lives in Atlanta. I don't know why it'd be such a shock or program defining on our end if he goes there...

Another guy who is turned off a bit by SU playing nothing but zone. It's impossible to say it's not a sizable factor with recruits.

And then there's this...

His family lives in Atlanta. I don't know why it'd be such a shock or program defining on our end if he goes there...

And then there's this...

Quadree Green is from Philly and he went to Uk, it sounds like he really likes us, if he picks a Gtech who hasn't been relevant in years over us, its a big deal.

I hate how it limits us so much. For us to get a kid, they have to be willing to play all zone. Many aren't willing to do that, and it's understandable.

But hey, maybe JB and the staff convince kids they can build up gaudy steals numbers in the zone if they play it hard.

And then there's this...

Since when have any top 50 players gone to Tech no matter where they have lived the past 10 years.

Quadree Green is from Philly and he went to Uk, it sounds like he really likes us, if he picks a Gtech who hasn't been relevant in years over us, its a big deal.
Come on dude, Quade Green has nothing to do with Jordan Tucker's commitment to SU or GT. Even bringing him up is bunk.

Seriously, some kids actually want to play in front of their family. And GTech isn't some scrub school, either. It's an ACC program that looks to be on the rise. I'm not sure why you're poo-pooing them so much.

I hate how it limits us so much. For us to get a kid, they have to be willing to play all zone. Many aren't willing to do that, and it's understandable.

But hey, maybe JB and the staff convince kids they can build up gaudy steals numbers in the zone if they play it hard.

Baye told me the other day some players are concerned the zone hurts their stock. It's a real issue.

Since when have any top 50 players gone to Tech no matter where they have lived the past 10 years.
Since when does that matter for what Tucker decides to do? I said if it's important to him that his family sees him play a lot in person, then you can't discount a fellow ACC program.

You guys are acting like GT is Georgia State or Georgia Southern or UConn...

Like I've said earlier, with no disrespect to ga tech they are NOT syracuse when it comes to there basketball programs...thats just my opinion...obviously playing the zone strictly like we do hurts us tho so who knows what he's going to do...just throwing this out there to see what any of you guys think but with Duke losing so many guys tranfering and declaring for the NBA (now Kennard leaving too) do you think they may try and get involved this late in the game for someone like Tucker and his scoring abilities?