Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

While many salivated over QG and others, for some reason this kid drew my attention more than anyone else. I kinda had a prophecy he was feeling some Nova love, but with the spectre of Hop taking the wheel now in the rearview mirror, I think Cuse's balloon is filled with a lot more hot air. I also dont deny I want him so that I can release a new Shaft parody, as his name seems perfect for it, IMO. Seeing that Boeheim made the trip might be the most inspiration I've gotten from the cranky bugger all season. Hopefully Tucker reads the board and realizes the significance of a JB visit. If Lydon leaving lands legit Lothario, I'm liking.
What language is that?

Yes, please.
This kid is so perfect for our current needs and playing style. He would be a big time scorer for us, is a very good shooter, can handle and create his own shot. His size is perfect for the zone and he'd fill our SF need.

And if he has any desire to go pro after 1-year, we're the place to be. He'll get his shots, points, big minutes, solid rebounding numbers and be an integral part of an ACC program with one superstar already. Him and Battle would be spicy together.

Please JB, make sure this kid KNOWS he is the #1 most important piece this program need for 2017-18.

This kid is so perfect for our current needs and playing style. He would be a big time scorer for us, is a very good shooter, can handle and create his own shot. His size is perfect for the zone and he'd fill our SF need.

And if he has any desire to go pro after 1-year, we're the place to be. He'll get his shots, points, big minutes, solid rebounding numbers and be an integral part of an ACC program with one superstar already. Him and Battle would be spicy together.

Please JB, make sure this kid KNOWS he is the #1 most important piece this program need for 2017-18.

Nailed it.

He's not ready. Needs another year to get stronger, didn't even make all-ACC first team, going to the D-league, kids these days, etc.

He's gotta stay another year and prove he can be the go to guy! Show that he's an alpha! Because all NBA teams are looking for a go to guy late in the first round! If you can't be that, might as well head to Europe(said dismissively).

Guys need to relax on the talk of letting him know he's their #1 option. The staff did this with Quade and got played at the last minute. If he comes here, he comes here. If he doesn't, he doesn't. The ball is in his court more than ever with the staff circling back around to his camp.

Guys need to relax on the talk of letting him know he's their #1 option. The staff did this with Quade and got played at the last minute. If he comes here, he comes here. If he doesn't, he doesn't. The ball is in his court more than ever with the staff circling back around to his camp.
The Quade Green situation and Jordan Tucker situation have almost nothing in common.

The Quade Green situation and Jordan Tucker situation have almost nothing in common.

No they don't and I never implied that. I simply said that the staff has no business letting him feel like he's the #1 option, which happened with Green.

Actually, there was a little tie-in. When Quade was still in on Syracuse, he had tweeted to GMAC or someone that the team will be special when Jtucks, Nick Richards, Lonnie Williams, Diallo and he play on the team next year. Tucker, Quade and Diallo had a friendship/desire to play on the same team. What happened? Other people know the specifics but Tucker's visit did not good well and Quade/Diallo went to Kentucky.

Actually, there was a little tie-in. When Quade was still in on Syracuse, he had tweeted to GMAC or someone that the team will be special when Jtucks, Nick Richards, Lonnie Williams, Diallo and he play on the team next year. Tucker, Quade and Diallo had a friendship/desire to play on the same team. What happened? Other people know the specifics but Tucker's visit did not good well and Quade/Diallo went to Kentucky.
Those guys were never, never, coming here as a group.

No they don't and I never implied that. I simply said that the staff has no business letting him feel like he's the #1 option, which happened with Green.
Why shouldn't they? Every recruit and every position of need is different. Maybe Tucker wants to hear he's the #1 option, which at this stage of the 2017 recruiting cycle, he may be.

Kids tweet the darndest things.

What happened is Richards never seriously considered SU and made it known that he did not want to play zone. As soon as Kentucky picked up the phone for the first time, Richard was 100% going there.

[Pigs are flying...] I kinda think the Quade situation is not something to use as a prescriptive or proscriptive model. That was one incident. One, in 40 years. I'm kinda in the mood to trust that the guy who's been recruiting for 40 years will know what to tell a kid regarding his expected role. Doesn't mean it'll always work out, and i've cursed many a year where we had a starter's name written in Sharpie on the lineup card, seemingly because of recruiting promises. But we should acknowledge that, to balance the Quade thing, JB probably 'promised' Andrew White 39 minutes a game, and that kinda worked out for us, both in getting him, and the on-court results.

We're at the stage where we think we're an elite program, but we're recruiting against the sisters of the poor. We need more big time players, and this kid would be one of them. If JB needs to promise him a starting #3 role, i'm all for it.

Looked good in the 3-pt contest. Didn't win, but, acquitted himself quite nicely.

[Pigs are flying...] I kinda think the Quade situation is not something to use as a prescriptive or proscriptive model. That was one incident. One, in 40 years. I'm kinda in the mood to trust that the guy who's been recruiting for 40 years will know what to tell a kid regarding his expected role. Doesn't mean it'll always work out, and i've cursed many a year where we had a starter's name written in Sharpie on the lineup card, seemingly because of recruiting promises. But we should acknowledge that, to balance the Quade thing, JB probably 'promised' Andrew White 39 minutes a game, and that kinda worked out for us, both in getting him, and the on-court results.

We're at the stage where we think we're an elite program, but we're recruiting against the sisters of the poor. We need more big time players, and this kid would be one of them. If JB needs to promise him a starting #3 role, i'm all for it.

Looked good in the 3-pt contest. Didn't win, but, acquitted himself quite nicely.

He'd literally be the only SF on the roster, so I don't see the problem with telling him he'd start. Obviously he'd start. Common sense. No need to pretend otherwise.