Shirt World On Marshall St... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Shirt World On Marshall St...

We ended up receiving a great grade since we were able to get our classmates so involved in the presentation lol, but the best part is that at the end of the class, it was brought to my attention that Dave's daughter was apparently in my class and apparently she had turned about 50 shades of bright red when students started telling their stories.

That doesn't strike me as the "best" part at all but actually kind of terrible.

I'm sure I posted it in the epic thread we had a few years ago, but that place was one of the few on campus that did custom Greek merchandise and I recall there ALWAYS being problems with orders, unexpected charges, etc.

Several years ago, I went in and wanted to order a G Mac Jersey. I was told by Dave that he would have to order it. I wanted to receive it before the Big East Tournament. It was January and Dave guaranteed it would be 2-3 weeks. I received the Jersey after Syracuse lost in the NCAA tournament. I called several times asking for Dave and he told me "Don't worry, you will get it on time." nearly every time. I have not gone back since. It was a nice jersey though.

Melancer46 said:
We ended up receiving a great grade since we were able to get our classmates so involved in the presentation lol, but the best part is that at the end of the class, it was brought to my attention that Dave's daughter was apparently in my class and apparently she had turned about 50 shades of bright red when students started telling their stories.

That...is... awesome!

This is great. In one of my marketing classes last year, groups had to give a presentation on how we would improve a store, and my group chose to do our project on Shirt World. We focused most of the presentation on the actual layout of the store (the fact that there are so many racks and they're so close together that it's actually difficult to navigate your way through and stuff like that) because that's what our professor wanted, but at the end of the presentation, we brought up their shady reputation and we proposed a couple ideas of how to improve things such as not stealing from customers. Suddenly 30+ people in our class began raising their hands to tell stories about how they had gotten cheated out of money by Dave and my professor just had a look of complete disbelief on her face.

One can only hope she was able to tell her father and possibly he may become an honest man. Yes, I am an eternal optimist even when I highly doubt things.

My stepfather picked out a really nice shirt that was on sale, as the tag indicated. He went to pay and I literally watched Dave peel off the sale tag price to reveal the original price, quite a substatantial price. When my stepfather questioned this , Dave said it was placed in the wrong rack. I was pissed. My stepfather bought it anyway, he really wanted it. That was about 15 years ago. I have never been back

My stepfather picked out a really nice shirt that was on sale, as the tag indicated. He went to pay and I literally watched Dave peel off the sale tag price to reveal the original price, quite a substatantial price. When my stepfather questioned this , Dave said it was placed in the wrong rack. I was pissed. My stepfather bought it anyway, he really wanted it. That was about 15 years ago. I have never been back
Even with all of the stories - this one in particular just seems to capture the whole milieu of the place.

That doesn't strike me as the "best" part at all but actually kind of terrible.

Oh yeah, I felt terrible for her too. I didn't mean it was great as in "HAHAHA SUCKS TO SUCK". I meant it as a "what are the chances?" kinda thing.

I hate that people like her (granted I don't know her personally, so I have no idea if she's a "good" person or not) have to suffer embarrassment for things that their parents do.

My experience at Shirt World is completely different than most. I get up to the Dome a couple of times a year and always go to both Manny's and Shirt World. I don't find the stuff at Manny's that I do at Shirt World. My contacts with Dave have been friendly and he's been helpful. Admittedly, they overdo it a bit with their help but when I come in and want to buy one thing and find that I can get a cheap extra thing for free (that I can get all scuzzy and not worry about) I'm happy about it...Plus my 3 month old grandson looks great in his tiny Cuse shirt.

My experience at Shirt World is completely different than most. I get up to the Dome a couple of times a year and always go to both Manny's and Shirt World. I don't find the stuff at Manny's that I do at Shirt World. My contacts with Dave have been friendly and he's been helpful. Admittedly, they overdo it a bit with their help but when I come in and want to buy one thing and find that I can get a cheap extra thing for free (that I can get all scuzzy and not worry about) I'm happy about it...Plus my 3 month old grandson looks great in his tiny Cuse shirt.
Don't mind the free item being cheap, it's that they mislead you on what the free item is or what your choices are. ( see my earlier post in this thread)

I dig Manny's too but the last time I checked their online shopping cart was not secure. Be careful.
I won't go to Mannys any more myself. I spent over $200 one Saturday last fall and within one day I got a fraud alert from Chase- someone tried using my card number in Mexico. Mannys was the only place I used that card that weekend. Seems like a nice guy, but I'd only do cash-n-carry in the future.

Took my Wife to Outback for Valentines. They way over cooked her steak she ordered medium rare and it was completly burnt. They took it back and said her meal would be Free. When I got the Bill they charged us twice for her meal and took one of them off to make it look like they gave her a free meal. The Marine came out of me really quickly!! We didn't pay for the meal after that. Just another place I'm not alowed to ever go into again in my town that sells Booz!

I take it you don't believe in honest mistakes.

Why do you consider this a horror story? He went out of his way to find you the product you wanted. If it cost him extra money to get it delivered, he should not have to pay it himself. On the other hand, he should have told you that there would be an additional delivery charge before he ordered it. You likely should have asked him too. He could have told you tough luck, we are out of them.

I kind of had the same thought. Guy may be a scumbag but this story isn't outrageous to me.

I have the same reaction to this thread that I did to that one a couple of years ago. When the first one was posted, I was shocked at the passion / anger / volume of negative stories about the place. I never thought I'd see such an outpouring of stories from so many different posters like that again.

I don't know why, but I am surprised again by how many people are coming out of the woodwork to share their negative stories. I could see one or two bad experiences, or one misunderstanding that blows up somehow. But when this many people all have similar stories, that suggests there's fire behind the smoke.

And I don't know Dave Jacobs from anyone. Not looking to pile on.

Yup. You said it. You know the lengths that I've gone to try to get this jersey, but what really kills me is the complete and utter UPCHARGE that I wasn't told about before he said on the phone, "yup, got it today. $145."

To put things in perspective, I just ordered it from the bookstore, with NO sales tax, and paid a flat $6 for shipping for a total of $126.
Wait...NYS has no sales tax?
And holy s.,. Basketball jerseys are 125 bucks?

Wait...NYS has no sales tax?
Online, out of state order.

Used to be great for consumers buying from Amazon as well. They now charge sales tax for my state.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom