Shocked and disappointed at the lack of support yesterday | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Shocked and disappointed at the lack of support yesterday

there is already a ottos army twitter thingy trying to get all the students to come back to campus a day earlier so they can be there for the pitt game
If they can’t they should be inviting some local HS to fill up that section. Do some massive groups. Load folks up and get butts in for free.

Attendance is and has been down at CFB around the country. We see the SEC and some B10 schools on tv with packed stadiums and think it’s the norm. Considering our history the last 20 years and all the other factors, we do pretty well with attendance.

I don’t know about blaming it on COVID…..

Buffalo Bills require you to be fully vaccinated and technically supposed to wear a mask in all “indoor areas” of the stadium..

They are having no issue filling the stadium.

Do I think it plays a role in the numbers at the dome? Yes, but not sure it’s as great of an impact as we think it is
Well, 2 things - NFL games just about always sell out, and the Bills are coming off their best season in decades.

not likely, definitely from everything I’ve heard….

personally they should wait after next year but I get it, Notre Dame on the schedule
yea its more a matter of how much will they go up vs if they will. I thought they would of done it to capitalize on the 10-3 season too but ND being home seals it

It takes more than 4-4 to get people who are not die-hards interested. People I talk with who are not die-hards still have a pretty pessimistic, albeit uninformed, view of SU football. Just the nature of things.

Win another game and qualify for a bowl, and a few more will join in. But a large share of them will simply say, “It’s just the Craptastic Bowl.” It doesn’t mean anything. Babers has to go.” These people should be scoffed at, or at least ignored.

The diehards are way outnumbered by these folks

The no buzz isn't my feel it's simply the attitude of the local area, there's no real buzz for the fball team right now, bball yes, fball no. That can change however, get a win on the road before Pitt and bowl eligible things will spike a bit.

Also with the covid protocols and crap weather the walk up crowd is literally non existent where in other years it was probably a few thousand fans.
Covid protocols are taking a big bite out of attendance, and eliminating any walk up. I despise wearing those masks, and if I were not a die hard I would not go either.

If Covid protocols are a primary factor, then it should impact basketball attendance this year as well. If it’s a secondary factor (primary being the team not being nationally relevant), then basketball might not be impacted (or we’ll only see a very small, statistically insignificant drop over previous recent years). I honestly don’t know which way it’ll go, but Syracuse is in the unique position of being able to find out since the basketball and football venue is the same.
I was at the Pace expo and believe me attendance was low for that compared to previous expos. There are a lot of negative influences on ateending any large event.

fan base is beaten down x COVID = bad crowd
Agreed. Covid stress makes "rip your heart out" losses even harder to digest than usual-
Unfortunately, there were 3 in a row -to their credit the team bounced back.
The more casual fans want/need to experience the happiness that goes with wins in these times-
Or at the very least no not feel like they were kicked in the gut.
They need the positive vibe/strong expectation of a fun day at the Dome to spend their $ and time, or they easily find other things to do.

If SU had pulled out at least 2 of those 3 misfires, we'd have a chance at an upper tier bowl and the buzz and attendance would reflect that IMO. "What could have been".

Tough crowd right now, but reason for hope. If SU finishes strong then they can promote what should be a very promising season next year, to get the support this team deserves for the talent/effort on the field.

The casual fan probably doesn’t look at the record because they don’t see any marketing to let them know there is a game.
These people don’t deserve to go then. This is an asinine take and you clearly just want to blame the AD for anything.

It not really that much more expensive. If anything, digital advertising is actually “cheaper” per user response because of how targeted it can be
Yeah you think they’ll successfully target your “casual” fan via a banner ad yet in another post you say the same fan needs an ad to know when a game is being played? If you don’t know that college games are on Saturdays or couldn’t be bothered to Google the schedule, then there will be no ROI on said fan.

Wake Forest hasn't been able to get fans to show for most of the Clawson area where after this year they will have made a bowl 6 of his 8 seasons and 6 in a row. They only have a capacity of 31k and rarely sell out, we need to make a bowl game and have success in the season after to really make progress with attendance.

For as lackluster as the size was, for those of us that were there we were rooting loud on every defensive 3rd down all throughout the game, even during that horrible first half. I wish our numbers were more but the hardcore group that does go is amazing.

I think they should hype up the “New York’s College Football Team” angle again. Combine that with a good team and some dubs and it should help eventually. Also open up the dome to students for free in game day. Other schools do it.

For as lackluster as the size was, for those of us that were there we were rooting loud on every defensive 3rd down all throughout the game, even during that horrible first half. I wish our numbers were more but the hardcore group that does go is amazing.
I felt the first half was extremely quiet. I know there wasn’t much to cheer for, but the Dome was flat. Felt like a nooner rather than a 3:30 game. I don’t think the crowd woke up until the second half.

Would’ve been awesome if Pitt didn’t lose to Miami. They could’ve been a Top 10 team coming to Syracuse. Alas, this is the ACC and I should’ve known better.

That was such a perfect example of Pitt. It seems they ruin things for their conference when they win and when they lose. 2007 their 4-8 team knocking WVU out of the BCS. 2016 they could have knocked Clemson out of the playoff. And of course this year, they have that stupid loss to WMU and then a stupid loss to Miami.

Even considering the program’s lackluster history the last couple decades, casual fans near Syracuse are crazy not to go or don’t know what they’re missing. I’ve been to Yankee Stadium, MetLife, tons of Sabres games etc, and Cuse football is the best live game experience I’ve ever seen. Dirt cheap too. And we’re north of Albany. We’re two hours away and are happily getting ST next year.

Even considering the program’s lackluster history the last couple decades, casual fans near Syracuse are crazy not to go or don’t know what they’re missing. I’ve been to Yankee Stadium, MetLife, tons of Sabres games etc, and Cuse football is the best live game experience I’ve ever seen. Dirt cheap too. And we’re north of Albany. We’re two hours away and are happily getting ST next year.

prices on seasons are more than likely going up next season with Notre Dame in the Dome

but even still, our prices are going to be well below other P5 programs

prices on seasons are more than likely going up next season with Notre Dame in the Dome

but even still, our prices are going to be well below other P5 programs
Hope they don’t go up too much! But either way we’re getting them. When do you think they’ll go on sale? This year it was right near my birthday in early March.

Hope they don’t go up too much! But either way we’re getting them. When do you think they’ll go on sale? This year it was right near my birthday in early March.

not 100% sure I can’t remember

I feel like maybe January or February….

tickets currently are at $125 a seat for the section I’m sitting in, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them sitting somewhere between $175-$200 a piece for next season. Just a guess in the dark on that

not 100% sure I can’t remember

I feel like maybe January or February….

tickets currently are at $125 a seat for the section I’m sitting in, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them sitting somewhere between $175-$200 a piece for next season. Just a guess in the dark on that
Which section are you in again? We’re gonna shoot for end zone corners if we can get aisle seats. I remember that’s where you said you were but don’t remember if you said 120 or 127.

Which section are you in again? We’re gonna shoot for end zone corners if we can get aisle seats. I remember that’s where you said you were but don’t remember if you said 120 or 127.

127!

127!
Nice, that’s the side my wife prefers! After the game we sat in both corners as a test run because we’ll be on Long Island Thanksgiving week for the Pitt game visiting family. If we can get aisle seats (she wants them) we’ll be in 127 with you!

Nice, that’s the side my wife prefers! After the game we sat in both corners as a test run because we’ll be on Long Island Thanksgiving week for the Pitt game visiting family. If we can get aisle seats (she wants them) we’ll be in 127 with you!

Nice we have aisle seats, I actually think the aisle seats right behind us are available because it’s different people every week…so you might have a chance at getting aisle seats.

they also usually sell pretty quick too if you place them up for resale if you can’t make a game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom