Shrader and Excitement... | Syracusefan.com

Shrader and Excitement...

Eric D.?
Eric was very exciting, and was a warrior in the way Garrett is a warrior, but I think Garrett is a bit more elusive. Jury is out on who has a better arm IMHO.

the other two who are also up there were McPherson and graves.

all in all, good company to keep regardless of what ranking any poster chooses among the 5 of them.

Dungey was more exciting because he was freelancing so often that literally anything could happen. Shrader is a better runner, and may be a better passer. But right now he is playing mostly within the system. So… less excitement, perhaps more success.

GS will attain ED like status when he (must have a minimum of 3 for consideration):
  1. Trucks a would be tackler on the way into the end zone.
  2. Throws a pick and then steals it back from the interceptor.
  3. Throws a pick and then hunts down and tackles the interceptor 2 yards out of bounds.
  4. High karate kicks a defender attempting to tackle him in the open field.
Leading the team to 10 wins will also help.

GS will attain ED like status when he (must have a minimum of 3 for consideration):
  3. Throws a pick and then hunts down and tackles the interceptor 2 yards out of bounds.
Lol , good post but I’m glad GS is stepping out of bounds on some of his runs, just can’t afford to lose him.

Lol , good post but I’m glad GS is stepping out of bounds on some of his runs, just can’t afford to lose him.
Agree, should have added the wink emoji.

Okay, okay. You've made your point :)

What you mean.. there was no excitement for Greg Paulus…

I would call Shrader vs Dungy running ability a push. I think we forgot. Remember the Dungy run on the last TD drive in the Clemson win ……and there were many similar.
I don’t know, Dungey was good, but I think Shredder is better.

In Shredders first year here he ran for more yards, more ypc and 1 less TD in 10 GAMES with the worst OC since McFit! Eric had 13 games while having the best line we have had in a decade In his 4th year starting

Shredder is bigger, faster and to my eye, harder to tackle. Whether he can sustain the throwing success Dungey had, is TBD (but he is on track this year!)

Go rewatch the WF, FSU and VT games…. Unbelievable

Last edited:
I know the OP was limited to post McNabb, but it sent me into nostalgia.

Shelby Hill's breakout season when it appeared anyone could lift a ball and he would magically catch it.

Any Joe Morris rush east-west, then a quick cutback that would roll defenders ankles.

We have had so many greats over the years.

Back to the OL: Reyes v. BC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom