Shrader and Excitement... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Shrader and Excitement...

I remember him throwing five interceptions in a game. Imagine that team without Mike Williams.
I remember him throwing five interceptions in a game. Imagine that team without Mike Williams.
That was against a very good , very physical - and undefeated South Florida team.

J. Pierre-Paul was on the DL of that team. And he wasn’t even their star DL.

Paulus made some bad decisions, but was also a bit unlucky that day.

By the end of the year he was playing well.

Last edited:
I would call Shrader vs Dungy running ability a push. I think we forgot. Remember the Dungy run on the last TD drive in the Clemson win ……and there were many similar.
That's a bad man Bob.

I am hard pressed to name another Cuse player other than McNabb who has a more exciting style as compared to Garrett.

I am not saying he is second best, just really high on the excitement list.
Um, Dungey. That legend would throw interceptions & then maul the defender, sometimes even winning the ball back. He’s 1a to McNabb as far as SU QBs

Um, Dungey. That legend would throw interceptions & then maul the defender, sometimes even winning the ball back. He’s 1a to McNabb as far as SU QBs
Absolutely love Dungey, but I don’t think his body of work is 1A to McNabb. No way. McNabb by far the best career for an SU QB. He won 2 conference titles, four bowl games, and the best two bowl games we have played in in the last 30 years.

Absolutely love Dungey, but I don’t think his body of work is 1A to McNabb. No way. McNabb by far the best career for an SU QB. He won 2 conference titles, four bowl games, and the best two bowl games we have played in in the last 30 years.
With a bunch of future pros around him. &...did he hurdle anyone? Lol

I’m kidding. Dungey is 3 behind McNabb & McPherson. He literally willed us to multiple wins. Think about what Dungey had around him. IMO, he’s ahead of Graves & Nassib because it that.

With a bunch of future pros around him. &...did he hurdle anyone? Lol

I’m kidding. Dungey is 3 behind McNabb & McPherson. He literally willed us to multiple wins. Think about what Dungey had around him. IMO, he’s ahead of Graves & Nassib because it that.
No argument on that order but I think Graves is misremembered because of his mediocre senior year. He was really good. McNabb, McPherson, Graves, Dungey.

No argument on that order but I think Graves is misremembered because of his mediocre senior year. He was really good. McNabb, McPherson, Graves, Dungey.
I can live with that order. I’ll say this, no SU QB ever gave more physically than Dungey. I watched that dude lay motionless on the field at least 4 different times, regardless of how many concussions he was “diagnosed” with. Just an absolute warrior. I get emotional thinking back on his career.

Graves was very good and yes I think people tend to remember what you’ve done lately unfortunately with him.

I think that's probably the right order, and agree about Graves. Two-time all american.

To me it’s mcnabb graves McPherson. That top 3 is unmovable until someone takes the Orangemen to a high level bowl game.

Marvin was top notch and his senior year was a bowl year in modern times. Had they beat BC at the dome I think season may go different.

Dungey, GS, Nassib are next level with some Kevin Mason love too! He went 7-4 w a maligned team imo. That wasn’t an easy schedule but he performed well.

I think to get into the top tier GS has to win 10 games this year, above 8 next year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom