Shrader and Excitement... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Shrader and Excitement...

Dungey was NOT a good passer. His best pass was a deep long ball to the sideline.
When he finished his last season at SU, he spent weeks working on mechanics/footwork in prep for combines and the draft. If I recall, his first stop in the NFL, the team had him working with TEs.
You don’t have to convince me that Dungey wasnt the greatest passer. He wasn’t but It doesn’t mean Shrader is already better at throwing than him. GS still has to do it. He has to do it consistently and against formidable teams in a meaningful game. The NFL has nothing to do with how the both of them threw the ball at SU.

GS will attain ED like status when he (must have a minimum of 3 for consideration):
  1. Trucks a would be tackler on the way into the end zone.
  2. Throws a pick and then steals it back from the interceptor.
  3. Throws a pick and then hunts down and tackles the interceptor 2 yards out of bounds.
  4. High karate kicks a defender attempting to tackle him in the open field.
Leading the team to 10 wins will also help.
#2 Was the single greatest effort play I’ve ever seen by an SU football player.

Even when he did slide he still got taken out. Thanks CMU.
still one of the dirtiest hits I have ever seen. and who was it, either Mink or Bailey, who wrote that arse kissing article about the cheap shot artist from CMU who did it a couple of years later when they came back to the Dome?

I look at it like this which past QBs would I feel more confident in getting a win this Saturday with all else being equal. I go
Mcnabb
Graves
McPherson
Dungey
Nassib then
GS.

Dungey remains my favorite SU QB since McPherson, and my favorite player of the last 20 years. Shrader may usurp that position. But that will take a little time and results. The thing about Dungey is he just willed the team to win on several occasions…and nearly many others.

Dungey was a player for his time. A no holding back player when SU really needed something. He was that something. If SU has followed up 2018 with a few winning seasons, he would have been immortalized as the player who turned the corner. Shrader now has a chance to be that guy.

I’m a newer fan so it’s really not my place to speak on where GS fits in school history, as I honestly don’t know obviously. But I do feel like both him and Sean (obviously) are very special and there is a bit of pressure for this team to get in as high of a bowl as possible as it’s their last year together most likely.

As a fan, I just want any bowl and six wins with this SOS is a success. But at the same time, I really want them to do something special for their legacy. Does that make sense?

Dungey wasn’t perfect, but man was he exciting and the 10 win year was so fun.

He was ready to throw down all the time. He jawed with the WHOLE Miami sideline.

There are guys that talk and there are guys that talk and are ready to go at a moments notice. Dungey was the latter.

Shrader is great. But he’s more Iceman to Dungey’s Maverick in terms of these physical and imposing QBs.

With that said, I’m all in on Shrader.

Btw, neither of these guys touch McNabb, Graves and MacPherson. Those guys made my formative years.

But let’s enjoy the ride this year.

Dungey wasn’t perfect, but man was he exciting and the 10 win year was so fun.

He was ready to throw down all the time. He jawed with the WHOLE Miami sideline.

There are guys that talk and there are guys that talk and are ready to go at a moments notice. Dungey was the latter.

Shrader is great. But he’s more Iceman to Dungey’s Maverick in terms of these physical and imposing QBs.

With that said, I’m all in on Shrader.

Btw, neither of these guys touch McNabb, Graves and MacPherson. Those guys made my formative years.

But let’s enjoy the ride this year.
If GS continues at slightly under his current pace, I'm sure your mind will be changed. He simply just gets "it" and has the intangibles that could make him special.

GS will attain ED like status when he (must have a minimum of 3 for consideration):
  1. Trucks a would be tackler on the way into the end zone.
  2. Throws a pick and then steals it back from the interceptor.
  3. Throws a pick and then hunts down and tackles the interceptor 2 yards out of bounds.
  4. High karate kicks a defender attempting to tackle him in the open field.
Leading the team to 10 wins will also help.
Absolutely.

I have never seen a Syracuse University Football player who competed at the level that Eric Dungey competed.

A true SU Football Legend.

I’d put Nassib ahead of Dungey
Not me.

Dungey is ahead of Nassib - and it really isn't close.

Eric did extraordinary things - he made plays that I have never seen any other player make.

Nassib had an extraordinary senior season. It was a great - great - season.

But, for me at least, he will not be remembered in the same way Eric Dungey will be remembered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom