Shrader | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Shrader

I think a lot depends on if Anae and Beck return. Was kinda weird that Wildhack wouldn’t come out and say that he wanted them back next season, on the radio yesterday. Especially since they each have another year on their contracts I believe. Said he and Dino will have those discussions.
Wait, for real? There's even a question of this?

I really like Shrader and was impressed with how he played when healthy, but I see this as more of an indictment on QB rating metrics than a compliment to the overall season he had.
That’s funny, I looked at it as a tribute to a guy who battled significant injuries to have a pretty damn good season.

That’s funny, I looked at it as a tribute to a guy who battled significant injuries to have a pretty damn good season.

Not trying to demean Shrader - the guy has talent and guts and played his heart out.

When you factor in how limited he was for a good chunk of our season, I don’t see the 7th best season a QB had out of ~70 starting QBs in the P5.

Regardless, I’m glad he’s our QB and I look forward to seeing what he can do with a full healthy season next year.

I think a lot depends on if Anae and Beck return. Was kinda weird that Wildhack wouldn’t come out and say that he wanted them back next season, on the radio yesterday. Especially since they each have another year on their contracts I believe. Said he and Dino will have those discussions.
That’s because they work for Dino.

Maybe there's a question as to whether we keep the current arrangement or if Beck gets promoted.
My understanding is Anae and Beck are pretty tight. I think they have been OC and QB coach tag team for some time. I would think there would need to be some treading carefully here so as not to position the situation such that Beck would be submarining his friend.

Is GS returning?

I have to think so. He's not going pro, at least not going to get a sniff yet. Let him put up another big year, and then maybe someone will take a chance on him.

Not trying to demean Shrader - the guy has talent and guts and played his heart out.

When you factor in how limited he was for a good chunk of our season, I don’t see the 7th best season a QB had out of ~70 starting QBs in the P5.

Regardless, I’m glad he’s our QB and I look forward to seeing what he can do with a full healthy season next year.
It's all crazy talk from that goofy site. No stroud in top 10? Duggan?

It's all crazy talk from that goofy site. No stroud in top 10? Duggan?

That ranking was for passing and running by the QB. Stroud gets hurt by having bad running grades, although he doesn’t run a lot. Strictly passing grades, Stroud is higher than Shrader as is a guy like Hartman.

Reactions: CIL
That ranking was for passing and running by the QB. Stroud gets hurt by having bad running grades, although he doesn’t run a lot. Strictly passing grades, Stroud is higher than Shrader as is a guy like Hartman.
Any QB grade that leaves those two off makes no sense

If he can stay healthy, and we win 8 or 9 games next year, he could be drafted.
Dude I so want to agree with you but after what happened with Dungey, I’m not so sure.

Shrader’s arm is way better than people make it out to be though. Last season he struggled cause he was still coming back to QB form from being a WR imo. Imagine what he will be like next season?

Dude I so want to agree with you but after what happened with Dungey, I’m not so sure.

Shrader’s arm is way better than people make it out to be though. Last season he struggled cause he was still coming back to QB form from being a WR imo. Imagine what he will be like next season?

He's got a big frame, he is surprisingly fast, and he can take a hit (most of the time ...). I would say that Shrader has a better chance of catching on in the pros than Tommy DeVito.

23rd in the country in yards per pass attempt against FBS teams is incredible to me. I think Anae and Beck did a great job.

Shrader at 29th in passer rating vs FBS - remarkable
Just think how good he would of been if he would have looked off Gadsden and thrown to another receiver instead of forcing it into a incomplete pass. He's got to get better at just locking into just Gadsden. When he learns to do than more consistently, he will be a much better QB.

Just think how good he would have been if he would have looked off Gadsden and thrown to another receiver instead of forcing it into an incomplete pass. He's got to get better at just locking into just Gadsden. When he learns to do than more consistently, he will be a much better QB.
He did that very well vs BC. I do hope and believe it will continue.

Just think how good he would of been if he would have looked off Gadsden and thrown to another receiver instead of forcing it into a incomplete pass. He's got to get better at just locking into just Gadsden. When he learns to do than more consistently, he will be a much better QB.

I agree and it would help the O if he did that but that said, didn't Dino comment on focusing on Gadson and throwing to him even if he has double coverage?

when he does that, his passing efficiency numbers and yards per attempt might go down and that's ok. His biggest flaw this year was hanging on to the ball too long and not throwing the ball, which isn't captured in stats that only measure thrown balls. whoever is doing that grading is putting it all on the everyone else which i think is silly

next year, he could be a very poor man's tebow (emphasis on very poor man). big strong gamer that's hard to bring down who has a tendency to hold on to it too long but when he does throw it, throws it to the right spots despite not being a good thrower

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom