Shrader | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Shrader

when he does that, his passing efficiency numbers and yards per attempt might go down and that's ok. His biggest flaw this year was hanging on to the ball too long and not throwing the ball, which isn't captured in stats that only measure thrown balls. whoever is doing that grading is putting it all on the everyone else which i think is silly

next year, he could be a very poor man's tebow (emphasis on very poor man). big strong gamer that's hard to bring down who has a tendency to hold on to it too long but when he does throw it, throws it to the right spots despite not being a good thrower
Shrader is a much better passer than Tim

when he does that, his passing efficiency numbers and yards per attempt might go down and that's ok. His biggest flaw this year was hanging on to the ball too long and not throwing the ball, which isn't captured in stats that only measure thrown balls. whoever is doing that grading is putting it all on the everyone else which i think is silly

next year, he could be a very poor man's tebow (emphasis on very poor man). big strong gamer that's hard to bring down who has a tendency to hold on to it too long but when he does throw it, throws it to the right spots despite not being a good thrower
Where do you come up with this schite? LOL

None? Morgan , McPhail, Lamson? Especially with Sellers coming in, I don’t see how there won’t be any
There you go...putting a QB on the pedestal before he even gets here.
McPhail is a PWO and like Morgan both seem content with their situation on the team.
Lamson was out injured this year with no chance to compete. It wouldn't make sense for him to think about transferring until after Spring practice.

Shrader coming back would be huge. He‘s a winner and leader. I think Brown is a name to keep in mind for next year. He might be the deep threat we’ve been missing. He’s been complimented on the practice squad. He looked pretty good in the spring game last year. Maybe he might make an appearance in the bowl game.

There you go...putting a QB on the pedestal before he even gets here.
McPhail is a PWO and like Morgan both seem content with their situation on the team.
Lamson was out injured this year with no chance to compete. It wouldn't make sense for him to think about transferring until after Spring practice.
I’m not trying to put anyone on a pedestal. Just pointing out the numbers in the room. Guess I should have specified that.

Shrader coming back would be huge. He‘s a winner and leader. I think Brown is a name to keep in mind for next year. He might be the deep threat we’ve been missing. He’s been complimented on the practice squad. He looked pretty good in the spring game last year. Maybe he might make an appearance in the bowl game.
He’s coming back

I’m not trying to put anyone on a pedestal. Just pointing out the numbers in the room. Guess I should have specified that.
The QB room number with Sellers, if I'm counting right, would only be 6. You have to have players to run the scout teams in practice and there have to be backups.

My expectation/hope/wish (rarely comes true) is that Shrader can play all out next year, knowing there will be a more than capable backup.

Sorta worked out in the ND game, not so much in the Pitt game.

Which means bad things will happen, people will transfer or get hurt because Syracuse.

My expectation/hope/wish (rarely comes true) is that Shrader can play all out next year, knowing there will be a more than capable backup.

Which means bad things will happen, people will transfer or get hurt because Syracuse.
Still think cdrw can be very good

CDRW looked good all season, and then performed like Cam Dantley in the Pitt game. It was weird, given how solid he looked slinging the ball all season prior to that game.

Hoping the law of averages pendulum swings the other way given the volume of injuries we endured this year, and Shrader stays relatively healthy next year, a la Dungey [compared to his first three years] in 2018.

Still think cdrw can be very good
Some times we take too much from small sample sizes. We either want to crown the next guy when we see a little that we like and at times we are ready to dismiss someone after 1 bad outing. That's what we do as fans

Last edited:
Shrader comes back...
Lamson comes back healthy...
CDRW comes back...
All have been with ANAE and Beck/their system for a year.
All are physically talented.
I just think that come 9/1/23, this COULD be the best QB room in the ACC.

Some times we take too much from small sample sizes. We either want to crown the next when we see a little that we like and at times we are ready to dismiss someone after 1 bad outing. That's what we do as fans

I wasn't dismissing, I'm excited about him. And I know this isn't an exact science, but I'm always a bit more interested in those kids who had offers from a bunch of big schools.

But at the same time, we're Syracuse, so I'm beaten down to for whatever reason, only 1 QB works at a time.

The QB room number with Sellers, if I'm counting right, would only be 6. You have to have players to run the scout teams in practice and there have to be backups.
Ok. But I dont remember us ever have six QB’s on the roster. Of course, I could be wrong

I wasn't dismissing, I'm excited about him. And I know this isn't an exact science, but I'm always a bit more interested in those kids who had offers from a bunch of big schools.

But at the same time, we're Syracuse, so I'm beaten down to for whatever reason, only 1 QB works at a time.
I totally understand. I wasn't picking on you specifically. The comment just made me think of what we all do at times. Every fan base does it.

Shrader did

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom