Shrader | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Shrader

All the QBs after Shrader are bunched up...

CDRW RS Soph
Lamson RS Soph
Morgan RS Soph
Sellers Frosh

The year after (2024) I would guess Morgan would take the degree and leave if he isn't playing. I would also think after Spring ball one of the other three would leave.

There were only four scholarship QBs on the roster this year. They had to bring in CDRW because Lamson was injured. How well he recuperates we don't know yet.
A positive about CDRW struggling so much against Pitt is hopefully Lamson still sees an opportunity to be Shrader's successor and wants to hang around and compete.

All the QBs after Shrader are bunched up...

CDRW RS Soph
Lamson RS Soph
Morgan RS Soph
Sellers Frosh

The year after (2024) I would guess Morgan would take the degree and leave if he isn't playing. I would also think after Spring ball one of the other three would leave.

Yeah, given GS's status as QB1, and with LaNorris almost a mortal lock to RS, one (or 2) of the other 3 RS Soph guys, may eventually want to look elsewhere.

CDRW already portalled, so he's 'stuck' here til he gets his degree.
(unless he is willing to sit for a year, which in this day and age is incredibly unlikely)
He's also the prohibitive QB2, and knows he's 1 snap away from PT at any moment.

Morgan seems like a solid backup, but Lamson (IF healthy) seemingly has a lot more upside.

So, really, it'll come down to one (or both) of Captain Morgan and/or Lamson who may look to the portal at some future point.

Yeah, given GS's status as QB1, and with LaNorris almost a mortal lock to RS, one (or 2) of the other 3 RS Soph guys, may eventually want to look elsewhere.

CDRW already portalled, so he's 'stuck' here til he gets his degree.
(unless he is willing to sit for a year, which in this day and age is incredibly unlikely)
He's also the prohibitive QB2, and knows he's 1 snap away from PT at any moment.

Morgan seems like a solid backup, but Lamson (IF healthy) seemingly has a lot more upside.

So, really, it'll come down to one (or both) of Captain Morgan and/or Lamson who may look to the portal at some future point.

If CDRW is behind Lamson I think he would go FCS for a year, get PT and marketability, then go back to the P5 somewhere. Even more so if he is 3rd string.

There were only four scholarship QBs on the roster this year. They had to bring in CDRW because Lamson was injured. How well he recuperates we don't know yet.

I’m hearing Lamson’s recovery is going well. Lamson has a very strong work ethic. He’s been throwing and participating in some non-contact drills.

A new member of the Strength and Conditioning team, Darius Holland, has been working with most of the players who have had surgery. Coach Holland is in charge of the Return to Play program. Coach Holland has an impressive background.

GS is definitely #1 for next year but given his style it means we need a highly capable #2.
CDRW has talent but his play makes me think of that scene out of Tommy Boy when he is talking about the sales and he loves it/pets it/then shreds it. CDRW throws lasers, over jukes himself and needs to work on accuracy. The moment the game slows down for him though is the moment he turns into a really good QB if he can fix accuracy which I am sure he can.
Lamson looked like a runner/thrower we love against 2nd and 3rd teams in the Spring. Need to see him do that against our 1st team D and a P5. He seems like a baller. He throws a very catchable ball. Morgan seems to be a backup but could see him getting his degree and moving on. When Sellers joins in December I will be looking forward to watching him in the Spring. Dude is a player and is playing for State Championship. Winners find their way onto the field sooner than later.

I’m hearing Lamson’s recovery is going well. Lamson has a very strong work ethic. He’s been throwing and participating in some non-contact drills.

A new member of the Strength and Conditioning team, Darius Holland, has been working with most of the players who have had surgery. Coach Holland is in charge of the Return to Play program. Coach Holland has an impressive background.

Have you heard whether he's full go for Bowl or Spring practices?

Have you heard whether he's full go for Bowl or Spring practices?

I have not heard. But I wouldn’t expect him to be rushed back for a bowl game. And, I would expect the staff to keep JL out of any contact drills in the spring the same way they did with a few guys who were recovering from surgeries last spring.

Last edited:
You don't think he often held to the ball too long ?

I don't know why I bother asking
At times, he did hold the ball too long...but that wasn't the part of your post I was referencing.

This is: "next year, he could be a very poor man's tebow (emphasis on very poor man). big strong gamer that's hard to bring down who has a tendency to hold on to it too long but when he does throw it, throws it to the right spots despite not being a good thrower"

SMH, but not surprised.

Thanks for sharing that

when he does that, his passing efficiency numbers and yards per attempt might go down and that's ok. His biggest flaw this year was hanging on to the ball too long and not throwing the ball, which isn't captured in stats that only measure thrown balls. whoever is doing that grading is putting it all on the everyone else which i think is silly

next year, he could be a very poor man's tebow (emphasis on very poor man). big strong gamer that's hard to bring down who has a tendency to hold on to it too long but when he does throw it, throws it to the right spots despite not being a good thrower
You sound mad that he made some improvements. Shame on GS for working on his deficiencies.

You sound mad that he made some improvements. Shame on GS for working on his deficiencies.
Yeah because I called him a very poor man's version of the best college QB ever, I must be furious with him

I've also compared him to Ryan Fitzpatrick and said I wear fitzmagic t shirts so I must hate him

I have also praised anae over and over for what he's done with him

When healthy, he’s a lot of fun to watch.

Still amazed by the improvement he has shown throwing the ball.

Alford and Gadsen.

Wax, Linton and Sparrow.

Lot’s of young talent.

All in all, reasons to be bullish on this Program
I think people have completely missed the value of this post. If OrangePa says the future is bright with these specific players, I suspect they plan on coming back.

He is very well connected.

Yeah because I called him a very poor man's version of the best college QB ever, I must be furious with him

I've also compared him to Ryan Fitzpatrick and said I wear fitzmagic t shirts so I must hate him

I have also praised anae over and over for what he's done with him
I’ve seen you make positive statements about him for sure. I’m just telling you how it looks right now. Trying to discredit a publication that rated him well. For what? We all critique him but it looks like you go out your way to do it during times when you don’t need to.

I agree and it would help the O if he did that but that said, didn't Dino comment on focusing on Gadson and throwing to him even if he has double coverage?
Ya and Dino, he's another story.

I’ve seen you make positive statements about him for sure. I’m just telling you how it looks right now. Trying to discredit a publication that rated him well. For what? We all critique him but it looks like you go out your way to do it during times when you don’t need to.
I think cj stroud is better, sorry