Shredder Missing Spring Ball | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Shredder Missing Spring Ball

My source close to the situation says it was an experimental surgery where they actually removed his right arm completely and transplanted it to his lower body. Everyone is hoping for the best because if it takes, he will be quite a bit faster. Here's a picture from the recovery room:

Flag_of_the_Isle_of_Mann.svg.png

Emily stated in the article that it was a procedure to his elbow.

As long as its nice and healed by Summer workouts, I think this is OK. Who knows, could even help us.
Anybody know how long elbow procedures typically take to heal?

I say sit him until mid October. He’ll never hold up for a full season at his peak level.

Bring him in fresh midseason to carry us through our typical November injuries collapse - when he’s healthy he can put the offense on his back.

If the other guys are as good as they’re supposed to be, one of them can lead us to a strong start.

It’s unconventional, but we’re never going to win here by being conventional.
Hell yeah.

Im sure he will be ok. Its good that Lamson is going to get significant reps coming off his injury. This isnt a bad thing

I have no inside info, but if his throwing arm was injured during the season I sure as heck hope he would have had surgery before February.
This sounds like it happened recently, IMHO

This sounds like it happened recently, IMHO
I doubt he's been throwing a football since the season ended. Seems strange to get an elbow injury in the offseason.
Tug-o-war elbow? Platform Tennis elbow? Simulation golf elbow? ring toss elbow?
1677539777834.png

I think he has chronic ankle issues where he can't really hold up for more than 2-3 games in a row. Would be phenomenal if he could be the second QB in a tandem and spell one of the younger guys and come in on running downs.
I know the Pitt game was his first start but CDRW doesn’t instill confidence in me. Our program right now hinges on Shrader, and I’m not the doom and gloom type.
CDRW didn't play well but the team was absolutely dominated and the score remained close he didn't do anything like throw a pick 6 on the first play. ND was promising. I don't think people realize that his action came in the games where SU was in line to be blown out.

Again that doesn't mean much and the few chances to make plays he had (there weren't many) he missed but we should have lost that game by 30+ the teams were that uneven. Absolutely kills me that our AD has these kids over sending them to Yankee Stadium to play Pitt just disgusting especially with the schedule that is waiting for them in 2024.

This isn’t terrible tbh. Get him healthy for fall ball. We know what we have with Shrader. Most our top receivers are back and he has chemistry and timing with already. Just work out the kinks with those guys in fall ball and could be good that Shrader got this procedure so his arm might be even healthier than last year.

Also as you all have alluded. Great opportunity for Lamson. I really think he’s our starter once Shrader leaves. He killed in spring ball last year before the injuries. In the game and was great on practices from what I heard. He’s got a good arm, accurate. Not as much as a runner as Shrader but much more mobile than devito. He’s also got that QB moxy that Dungey and Shrader brought. I think he’s head and shoulders above Del Rio right now but we have to see Lamson after the injury, in a real game and see how much Del Rio has improved. But you guys should be excited for Lamson

B8504992-6201-4E35-8D64-1599BF629E98.jpeg
I’m encouraged that everyone seems to have confidence in both CDRW and Lamson, but Garret Shrader is not an easily replaceable type of player. Neither of them would be able to perform like he does imo.

Trying to be optimistic in 2023 so here it goes. This might not be the worst thing for a few reasons.
First additional reps for the backups should really speed up their development. Lamson has been out and CDW didn’t have a spring practice here last season. Both guys have some arm talent and potential.
Second thing is I want Shrader attached to Becks hip. These two need to be on the same page ALL the time next year. This is the perfect chance for Garret to pick Beck’s brain and really understand what the offense is trying to accomplish. Garrett has pretty much seen everything a defense can throw at him. Now he needs to know how this offense wants to respond.
Lastly the receivers are basically the same so it’s not like Garret had to learn the new guy’s tendencies.
I expect to see a different offense than the one we saw last year. The marriage between Dino’s no huddle fast pace, Schmidt’s running scheme, and Anae’s pro style never seemed to blend. I think Beck and Dino will be on the same wavelength. Again trying to be optimistic this offseason. It’s healthier. Go Orange.

View attachment 225485I’m encouraged that everyone seems to have confidence in both CDRW and Lamson, but Garret Shrader is not an easily replaceable type of player. Neither of them would be able to perform like he does imo.

Maybe not healthy Shrader currently, but both could easily out perform LBI Shrader. If Lamson is healthy he has the highest ceiling in the room

Maybe not healthy Shrader currently, but both could easily out perform LBI Shrader. If Lamson is healthy he has the highest ceiling in the room

IMO, Lamson does not have anywhere near the ceiling that CDRW has. The only reason people are bullish on Lamson is because he has never seen real game snaps so they think he has a high ceiling!! CDRW was a 4 star SEC recruit from a huge program out of Georgia and has all the tools, whether they come together or not is a huge question but his ceiling is much much higher than Lamson. Lamson coming off a major knee injury as well.

We shall see

IMO, Lamson does not have anywhere near the ceiling that CDRW has. The only reason people are bullish on Lamson is because he has never seen real game snaps so they think he has a high ceiling!! CDRW was a 4 star SEC recruit from a huge program out of Georgia and has all the tools, whether they come together or not is a huge question but his ceiling is much much higher than Lamson. Lamson coming off a major knee injury as well.

We shall see
We can all imagine someone being a stud before he does anything in a game. Some people's optimism change when they don't immediately perform the way they envisioned. All players have flaws. There are not as clear until we've seen them playing against equal or better talent.

We shall see
Yeah, but on the opposite side of the coin, are we over-valuing CDRW because he was initially enrolled at an SEC school?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom