Sidibe getting an MRI | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sidibe getting an MRI

It feels like a lot is riding on this MRI.

If Sidibe has the dreaded potato left leg, it messes things up a bit.

It won't happen, but I'd start Edwards at the 5, let him get a few minutes, see what he's got, and save Marek's minutes and fouls at the 5 for as long as he can.
Sidibe health is hugely important and that can’t be stressed enough.

Im going to suggesting starting Marek at the 1 and Girard at the 5. I think we’d be better at preventing drives to the hoop that way.
It’s just far too easy for guards to drive by our guards. It’s not their fault. They are powerful scorers at this level (we know Girard can get hot... I mean we saw him make two huge threes late), this we know. It’s okay to admit they cannot hang with extremely quick guards. It’s okay. It’s not trashing the player. But it’s an issue that we need to somehow find a way to improve upon. Unfortunately there is a ceiling, and anything above we simple won’t be able to get to.

Last edited:
It’s just far too easy for guards to drive by our guards. It’s not their fault. They are powerful scorers at this level (we know Girard can get hot... I mean we saw him made two huge threes late), this we know. It’s okay to admit they cannot hang with extremely quick guards. It’s okay. It’s not trashing the player. But it’s an issue that we need to somehow find a way to improve upon. Unfortunately there is a ceiling, and anything above we simple won’t be able to get to.
Agree 100%. Bryant abused the top of the zone today. It was brutal. It’s not going to get better, we’re asking two guys to display athleticism that they’re not capable of. The downstream effect of this is that, whoever is playing the 5, is going to be under assault, and will pickup tons of fouls.

I meant what I said earlier. If JG and BB are going to get 35+ minutes a games they better score 50 points combined, to offset the points they’re going to give up.

Im going to suggest starting Marek at the 1 and Girard at the 5. I think we’d be better at preventing drives to the hoop that way.
Brrr :cool:

This X 1000

It’s one thing when Cal calls out his freshman 5 stars, quite another when JB looks at his skinny 3 stars like somebody else forced them on him.
He’s been doing this for years.

This X 1000

It’s one thing when Cal calls out his freshman 5 stars, quite another when JB looks at his skinny 3 stars like somebody else forced them on him.

I hate how he rips his own kids in the media - and after the first game of the season.

Did you guys watch his “presser”? I didn’t think he ripped anyone. He said Bryant was playing 4 guards and a lot of zone...and that AG and QG were cleaning up on the boards...so he needed Marek at the 5, and it was hard to get Braswell back in there. He actually explained it pretty openly. Don’t see where he ripped anyone.

I gotta figure JW is getting a little nervous with all of this. At some point the poor showings by Football and Hoops is going to hit the bottom line a lot harder. The longer there isn't at least a little heat on both programs, the more the hits keep coming. This isn't a referendum on changing coaches, just that the patterns are not good and the messaging is that of "deal with it" more than anything else.

I gotta figure JW is getting a little nervous with all of this. At some point the poor showings by Football and Hoops is going to hit the bottom line a lot harder. The longer there isn't at least a little heat on both programs, the more the hits keep coming. This isn't a referendum on changing coaches, just that the patterns are not good and the messaging is that of "deal with it" more than anything else.

I think this team could be good. Today didn’t shake me on that at all.

The person who may find himself on the hot seat first might be John Wildhack.

He's got to coach them a lot more like the first half than the second half.

It didn't shake my thinking of that (although Sidibe worries me) but could be good vs actually being good is an open topic. Defense is a huge issue again especially 3pt defense. Double digit triples and shooting over 40 pct by the D killed us last year and we start game one with 13 3s given up.

The person who may find himself on the hot seat first might be John Wildhack.

Yeah- and that would be a shame. Which is why I would only hope he does everything he can to get in front of that.

Wildhack donated a million bucks of his own salary he is here long term.

JB will be gone before him.

I hope Sidibe isn’t out long term as we really improved last year as he developed and gave us a solid big.

Marek Dolezaj IS NOT A CENTER. It sucks this kid is going to play out of position because he is only guy who knows the defense.

Girard and Buddy were brutal at the top of the zone today.
It didn’t matter though they weren’t sitting.

Any team with a couple of bigs that can bang will dominate us.
I.e North Carolina.

Wildhack donated a million bucks of his own salary he is here long term.

JB will be gone before him.

I hope Sidibe isn’t out long term as we really improved last year as he developed and gave us a solid big.

Marek Dolezaj IS NOT A CENTER. It sucks this kid is going to play out of position because he is only guy who knows the defense.

Girard and Buddy were brutal at the top of the zone today.
It didn’t matter though they weren’t sitting.

Any team with a couple of bigs that can bang will dominate us.
I.e North Carolina.

Boeheim said the centers will be in there more against bigger teams. We’ll see.

We won’t need Marek in the high post against a zone every game, so we need to see how things go with different matchups.

Yeah- and that would be a shame. Which is why I would only hope he does everything he can to get in front of that.

He's going to get roasted for that buy out amount if Dino and the team crap the bed again next year.
Then if the basketball team fails to reach 20 wins AGAIN, it's only going to get worse.
No spectator revenues. He's going to have to cut programs.
He will not be a popular guy a year from now.

So everybody should wear their damn masks.

Is Girard still playing the entire game? that's really what we need to know - because at age 44 I am a much better athlete than he is - I can jump higher, I'm faster and I'm quicker - they say he is a much better shooter - who knows from what I've seen

Is Girard still playing the entire game? that's really what we need to know - because at age 44 I am a much better athlete than he is - I can jump higher, I'm faster and I'm quicker - they say he is a much better shooter - who knows from what I've seen

Sure, Boeheim used to play more than his fair share of slow-footed guards who could shoot and had a good floor game (from Andy Rautins all the way back to Hal Cohen and Marty Headd). But he always had a quick guard to partner the slow shooter, and the shooter learned to play the angles inside the zone.

My kingdom for an Andy Rautins clone at the top of the zone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom