Sidibe getting an MRI | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Sidibe getting an MRI

Is Girard still playing the entire game? that's really what we need to know - because at age 44 I am a much better athlete than he is - I can jump higher, I'm faster and I'm quicker - they say he is a much better shooter - who knows from what I've seen
Wow. That is impressive. Did you play D-1 in any sport? Were you like all state in football and basketball? What kind of high school records did you set? You have me very curious at this stage. A guy I know, this is like 30 years ago, played against UMass guard Derek kellogg during a pick up game and he stole the ball from Kellogg. He said he knew he was better than Kellogg and he was confidant he could play D-1 hoops. Thing is, Kellogg scored around 2000 pts in high school and was a starter on great UMass teams. And this guy, he was a reserve on a very, very average high school team that played in a very low level league. I think you would be surprised if you played Girard at any point in your life.

Hey man, I wish I was joking

that's what's funny about it. you're not joking.

i had a friend in high school. a great athlete. caught charles nagy in yankee stadium in the daily news high school all star game. hit the furthest homer in CT high school history. he was also a fullback that could run like the wind. sadly he looked like a meatball, so he could never pass the eye test.

he said he could last a round with mike tyson. i'm talking pre-robin givens or buster douglas, tyson...you know, the iron mike that smashed your teeth in......we lol'd at him too.

Our guards are going to get blown by so regularly that I think we need Marek and or Q at the 5.

Hope Sid is OK.

One game in and I’m seeing the cornucopia of sports message board crazy. We got people low key calling for the head of the HOFer, others saying the AD might (should?) be on the hot seat for not firing the HOFer and within a month or two of donating his whole salary back to the school, a middle aged couch dwelling guy claiming he is a better athlete than our starters... all this in a thread about a possible serious injury to the starting center.

Is Girard still playing the entire game? that's really what we need to know - because at age 44 I am a much better athlete than he is - I can jump higher, I'm faster and I'm quicker - they say he is a much better shooter - who knows from what I've seen

You and Joe play 1-on-1 to 11, he beats you 11-10. That score only holds if he spots you 10 points. Most people in here would probably bet a large sum of money on it. What a joke.

He knows he recruited and offered these guys right?
You are correct , he also hired the assistant coaches to develop these players JB has spoken a lot over the years as if the media /fanbase doesn't know much about the game , I know this is Jim's way of trying to motivate the players that are not up to his standards because I have been following this program since Jim was an assistant coach he is s strange dude and has gotten worse as his old age and stubbornness have grown he did have some great teams over the years but many of the teams in the last 5 years have shown glaring weaknesses due to coaching and personnel.

Wow. That is impressive. Did you play D-1 in any sport? Were you like all state in football and basketball? What kind of high school records did you set? You have me very curious at this stage. A guy I know, this is like 30 years ago, played against UMass guard Derek kellogg during a pick up game and he stole the ball from Kellogg. He said he knew he was better than Kellogg and he was confidant he could play D-1 hoops. Thing is, Kellogg scored around 2000 pts in high school and was a starter on great UMass teams. And this guy, he was a reserve on a very, very average high school team that played in a very low level league. I think you would be surprised if you played Girard at any point in your life.
Im not so sure he would be. Joe isnt a D1 PG. He is at best a streak shooter who would be used by most teams against a zone.
He cant beat anyone off the dribble.
He is a liability on D
He isnt shooting well.
Forget the fact that he is a local kid who set amazing records.
He is at best an average player. He wouldn't start for Bryant.

Im not so sure he would be. Joe isnt a D1 PG. He is at best a streak shooter who would be used by most teams against a zone.
He is a liability on D
He isnt shooting well.

He finished the season pretty solidly last year. I guess one game eliminates any success he had last year.

He is a liability on D
He isnt shooting well.

Last year Joe shot .347 / .217 with 117 assts / 60 turnovers (1.95)

Bryant's starting PG went .353 / .125 with 7 assts / 5 turnovers (1.4) last night.

He finished the season pretty solidly last year. I guess one game eliminates any success he had last year.
No it doesn't. But the fact is Joe is a nice player he has a long way to go to be a premier ACC level PG. Watch as much ACC basketball as possible between now and Christmas and ask yourself a simple question.
Would Joe start at PG for any other ACC team?

Would Pearl, Sherm, MCW, Ennis, Gib, Scoop?

He is a liability on D
He isnt shooting well.

I'm not Joe's biggest fan and I agree with some of what you say, but you really don't help your case when you constantly insist on exaggerating your points by including things like that last sentence. You have a habit of doing that. Just lay off the exaggerations.

He was solid last year but he wasn’t as good as Brandon Triche.
Who took a lot of chit and only played 21 MPG as a freshman.

Girard’s freshman year was minutes wise the equivalent of Triche’s senior year when we had only MCW and Cooney as guards.

Jim Boeheim isn’t going to be able to recruit a guard and sorry but fans see the writing on the wall.
2 more years of Buddy and JG3 playing over 30’MPG sucks.

When both guys are second guards with a quality backcourt mate.

I'm not Joe's biggest fan and I agree with some of what you say, but you really don't help your case when you constantly insist on exaggerating your points by including things like that last sentence. You have a habit of doing that. Just lay off the exaggerations.
I wasn't exaggerating. Joe would not start for Bryant.

No it doesn't. But the fact is Joe is a nice player he has a long way to go to be a premier ACC level PG. Watch as much ACC basketball as possible between now and Christmas and ask yourself a simple question.
Would Joe start at PG for any other ACC team?

Would Pearl, Sherm, MCW, Ennis, Gib, Scoop?

Stop exaggerating so much and maybe I’ll take you seriously. Unlike you I don’t judge everything off one game. I know you have a short memory. It we finished our last game of the season against UNC and won by 30 with a lot of the same players. I believe Girard had like 9 assists.

I want to win more than 18 games, but we didn’t finish in last place last year either. That’s where I can’t take you and a few others seriously and you do yourself no favors. A lot of what happened yesterday is the worst of what we can do.

He was solid last year but he wasn’t as good as Brandon Triche.
Who took a lot of chit and only played 21 MPG as a freshman.

Girard’s freshman year was minutes wise the equivalent of Triche’s senior year when we had only MCW and Cooney as guards.

Jim Boeheim isn’t going to be able to recruit a guard and sorry but fans see the writing on the wall.
2 more years of Buddy and JG3 playing over 30’MPG sucks.

When both guys are second guards with a quality backcourt mate.

I agree with mostly what you’re saying and I want Richmond to play, but some guys who repeat themselves over and over with exaggerations are wrong and may have lost memory due to age. Unlike them I can remember last season.

Saucy.

I believe Marek is the best 5 if Sidibe is out (heck, he's probably the best 5 when Sidibe is in and healthy), but I'm going to file that away as "Boeheim sez things" because I'm not buying for a minute that Edwards hasn't shown anything.

Marek isn't the answer at the 5. We all know this. There is a ceiling to their success with him there. Playing him there now regularly may help you win a few garbage early season games, but who cares, you're still capping your ceiling.

See here is how it's supposed to work. You actually try and DEVELOP someone who is more suited to play the 5. Crazy right? This might lead to frustrating times early in the year. Heck , you might even lose a couple games due to this "developmental period." But over time, you actually improve and your ceiling is raised. Now you have a better player at the 5 AND increased depth.

Marek isn't the answer at the 5. We all know this. There is a ceiling to their success with him there. Playing him there now regularly may help you win a few garbage early season games, but who cares, you're still capping your ceiling.

See here is how it's supposed to work. You actually try and DEVELOP someone who is more suited to play the 5. Crazy right? This might lead to frustrating times early in the year. Heck , you might even lose a couple games due to this "developmental period." But over time, you actually improve and your ceiling is raised. Now you have a better player at the 5 AND increased depth.
MPbX6OD.jpg

He is a liability on D
He isnt shooting well.
Let's mark this post and see how it looks down the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom