Silent verbals? | Syracusefan.com

Silent verbals?

OrangeFreek

Starter
Is this still a thing? If so why? I seen a few things out there so im just wondering..

If this is a thing any guesses as to who it is?

Anyone wanna guess the First public commitment announcement?

How hard do you think said individual is recruiting others to join??

Is this still a thing? If so why? I seen a few things out there so im just wondering..

If this is a thing any guesses as to who it is?

Anyone wanna guess the First public commitment announcement?

How hard do you think said individual is recruiting others to join??
I think these normally protect the staff doing the recruiting.

For example, we might have an objective of taling 3 cover CBs from the portal this cycle.

If we can get one and not make it public, it makes it a lot easier to get the second and third ones.

A prime consideration for a lot of the players is immediate playing time.

For example, we might have an objective of taling 3 cover CBs from the portal this cycle.

If we can get one and not make it public, it makes it a lot easier to get the second and third ones.

Makes sense..

Also they may want them to make their visit first before stating a commitment. Nobody wants a decommit and the perception that brings.

I wonder if the opposite is also true?

Recruits may have several visits lined up, and they don't want to jeopardize receiving the "full VIP experience" if their prior verbal becomes public. Besides, it seems that when a verbal is made public, it is generally due to a social media post from the player (or info they supply to a recruiting publication), not an announcement from the school.

I know that some coaches (including Schiano, I believe) prohibit recruits from taking additional visits once they have given a verbal commit to their school.

I thought it had something to do with not violating some NCAA rule or something.

I thought it had something to do with not violating some NCAA rule or something.
You may be thinking about coaches talking about future players. They can't mention anyone specifically until they sign a NIL. A silent verbal means the player has notified the staff but not posted anything publicly. It's not a violation for a player to announce anything.

You may be thinking about coaches talking about future players. They can't mention anyone specifically until they sign a NIL. A silent verbal means the player has notified the staff but not posted anything publicly. It's not a violation for a player to announce anything.
That was what I was thinking, thanks for clarifying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom