Skipping Bowl Games really hurt the two RBs | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Skipping Bowl Games really hurt the two RBs

I don't blame kids who stand to make life changing money for their families for taking off a post season bowl game. I wish the NCAA would allow red shirt players to play without losing eligibility in their stead.

Because storming Normandy with bullets whizzing by your head, is just like playing a football game. I'll apologize to all the veterans of actual war that may be on this board for you.
and i apologize to every single player who plays with his heart to win and not his wallet for you.
i didn't knock the warriors who left the boat. you did. i knocked those who choose to sit out the fight.
and you defend them. for monetary reasons.

Last edited:
and i apologize to every single player who plays with his heart to win and not his wallet for you.
i didn't knock the warriors who left the boat. you did. i knocked those who choose to sit out the fight.
You seem to miss the point. Don't compare the horrors of war to playing a stupid football game. You obviously need some perspective if you think you can draw any type of parallel between the two. It demeans the sacrifices those men and women made for us. That's all.

Players want to be treated more like employees. Fine. Withhold the academic rewards for failure to perform.
Academic rewards like the fine programs UNC has designed for their student athletes.

I think what Stanford was doing to McCaffery - check out the stats regarding the % of yards and touches he was responsible for was Earl Campbell-esque in the abuse department. Only difference was Earl was getting paid.

I have no problems with anyone sitting out their bowl game if in their mind have cemented their NFL status. The cowardice comments are crazy. Watch Stanford's games. The kid was smart. The only bowl games that matter are BCS - the rest don't matter to a kid going to the NFL in the first round.

All it really comes down to is the non-BCS championship bowl games are meaningless. But hasn't everyone always known that? In fact if your goal is getting to the NFL most of the college season is meaningless except for showing enough skill to get invited to the combine. Combine and post season Pro Day or personal workouts matter much more than how you performed week 5 of the season. McCaffery should have taken a few regular season games off as well. Figure out which games don't really matter and tell your teammates you'll be there when it matter because you're trying to stay healthy for the NFL. There are probably some NFL GM's trying to get in Sam Darnold's ear right now about sitting out next season and just start working out to get ready for next years pre-draft season. Why should he risk himself against W Michigan Week 1. And for goodness sake as soon as your team loses its 3rd game shut it down! The remaining games no longer have any importance because you have no chance at the championship. And that is all that matters, besides of course money. NFL GM's would be very excited to see a player like Darnold shut it down early.

Seriously?
I hate it when people compare being in the service, to playing a child's game. You don't get the option of leaving when you join the military, Uncle Sam owns you 24 hours a day.

I hate it when people compare being in the service, to playing a child's game. You don't get the option of leaving when you join the military, Uncle Sam owns you 24 hours a day.

Also (with very few exceptions) your opponents aren't actively trying to kill you in the NFL.

"All it really comes down to is the non-BCS championship bowl games are meaningless."

that's funny. name one fan here who didn't want this year's team to at least qualify for and play in some "MEANINGLESS" bowl game.

LOL. The same posters complaining about this are the same guys complaining about the NBA draft. How predictable.

Its a completely difference discussion, I think all running backs should leave early. You only have so many carries in you.

Oh I did? Where exactly?

"All it really comes down to is the non-BCS championship bowl games are meaningless."

that's funny. name one fan here who didn't want this year's team to at least qualify for and play in some "MEANINGLESS" bowl game.
It's good for us to play in these meaningless bowl games for the extra 15 practices. There were 5-7 teams in bowls last year. That's pitiful.

well your entire argument is predicated upon the fact that it's foolish to risk personal injury rather than enter the battle when there's a big future payday at stake. that's your own logic no?
nothing about honor. nothing about team loyalty. or letting down your university and fans.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom