Skipping Bowl Games really hurt the two RBs | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Skipping Bowl Games really hurt the two RBs

How NFL teams see it:
Competitive desire in meaningless exhibition game, placing your future earnings at risk: smart move, thank you for protecting yourself so we can draft a healthy player

How do you know that Nfl teams see these games as meaningless, Gm's, scouts, coaches want guys who compete.

How do you know that Nfl teams see these games as meaningless, Gm's, scouts, coaches want guys who compete.

For the 10th time.

Because they were picked 4th and 8th, therefore one can conclude GMs value their talent more than the mythical "compete" characteristic

For the 10th time.

Because they were picked 4th and 8th, therefore one can conclude GMs value their talent more than the mythical "compete" characteristic

And for the last time they got picked 4th and 8th because they were incredible talents.

Nobody is forcing anybody to play college football.

If you don't think it's fair then don't play.

Get a job.

Or, get your parents or the government to cover the cost of college.

I just don't see the unfairness of the play for tuition and costs model.

It just does not offend me.

My point is that while the industry has clearly exploded and coaches/admins/schools are making ungodly amounts of money .. you're okay with the players getting exactly what they always have.

Bear Bryant made 150K in todays money

"Show me how this won't affect players stock."

"Here's some examples."

"NOT THOSE EXAMPLES"

Those are two players who are so highly rated, it never was going to matter. How about you have a lesser player, lets say you have a team who is torn between two players, both have equal grades on them, one played in their bowl game, the other sat out, maybe that is the difference.

Those are two players who are so highly rated, it never was going to matter. How about you have a lesser player, lets say you have a team who is torn between two players, both have equal grades on them, one played in their bowl game, the other sat out, maybe that is the difference.

Yes. Let's ignore actual evidence that we have here in reality and focus on your fantasy scenario where a team is torn between two players that are EXACTLY the same.

Yes. Let's ignore actual evidence that we have here in reality and focus on your fantasy scenario where a team is torn between two players that are EXACTLY the same.

The only make believe scenarios i'm okay with are "what if Jake Butt hadn't taken an insurance policy out" he has to pray to whoever he sees fit that he's lucky he did that.

I'm not ignoring any evidence, I never once said it would hurt either guy, and its not even the point, its bad for college football.

I'm not ignoring any evidence, I never once said it would hurt either guy, and its not even the point, its bad for college football.

Bryce Love disagrees.

Nobody is forcing anybody to play college football.

If you don't think it's fair then don't play.

Get a job.

Or, get your parents or the government to cover the cost of college.

I just don't see the unfairness of the play for tuition and costs model.

It just does not offend me.
If you want to go to the NFL, you don't have a choice. You are forced to go play for free in college. While the coaching staff and university profit.

So there's a monopoly blocking these players from maximizing their skills to earn money.

My point is that while the industry has clearly exploded and coaches/admins/schools are making ungodly amounts of money .. you're okay with the players getting exactly what they always have.

Bear Bryant made 150K in todays money

Bear Bryant was alive at the wrong time, he would have made saban money today, I would say these kids have it pretty good, free education, free clothing, shoes, food, a chance to make millions down the line.

Highly rated and the perfect storm after the Elliott effect from last year. No matter the talent, rbs have been considered plug and play with a solid oline, no matter 1st or 4th rd talent.

Btw lets not act like these coaches were dropped 10 mil into their lap. They worked very hard to get to the point that they are at,went to school, took much less paying jobs they paid their dues. These guys are working 16 hour days.

Highly rated and the perfect storm after the Elliott effect from last year. No matter the talent, rbs have been considered plug and play with a solid oline, no matter 1st or 4th rd talent.

I think Elliot had an effect, not sure it was warranted, Elliot was running behind one of the great o-lines in the last 25 years, I think Fournette is going to be really good, not sure you can expect him to do what Elliot did right away.

I think Elliot had an effect, not sure it was warranted, Elliot was running behind one of the great o-lines in the last 25 years, I think Fournette is going to be really good, not sure you can expect him to do what Elliot did right away.

No, you cant, but the thinking over the last 10 years or so has been find a durable, reliable, ball protecting back to combine with a very good oline. Many teams have been having success for years with this formula. Hell, Emmett Smith wasnt great, didnt have break away speed, but his vision, oline, and the fact he played on multiple championship teams gave him an easy road to the HOF.

No, you cant, but the thinking over the last 10 years or so has been find a durable, reliable, ball protecting back to combine with a very good oline. Many teams have been having success for years with this formula. Hell, Emmett Smith wasnt great, didnt have break away speed, but his vision, oline, and the fact he played on multiple championship teams gave him an easy road to the HOF.

Well teams were going away from the rb for a while, there were some years where that wasn't a back drafted in the first round, I think people need to realize that Elliot was so successful because he played on a really good team, with a really good 0-line, and played alongside a good qb, just because you take a back, doesn;t mean you can recreate the same success.

Btw lets not act like these coaches were dropped 10 mil into their lap. They worked very hard to get to the point that they are at,went to school, took much less paying jobs they paid their dues. These guys are working 16 hour days.

...And college athletes have worked hard balancing their sport and their school. Literally nothing has changed since scholarships were first around. Coaches and admin salaries have skyrocketed. Don't tell me they work hard lol. I don't understand why people are against athletes being paid. Is it your money? These kids don't deserve a dime? Not every college player is going to make it professionally.

...And college athletes have worked hard balancing their sport and their school. Literally nothing has changed since scholarships were first around. Coaches and admin salaries have skyrocketed. Don't tell me they work hard lol. I don't understand why people are against athletes being paid. Is it your money? These kids don't deserve a dime? Not every college player is going to make it professionally.

Are you for real? So coaches don't work hard, I guess 16-17 hour days aren't enough for you. These coaches and admins worked hard to get to where they are at, they went to school, and worked their way up the chain, so yes they deserve to get paid. No these kids shouldn't get paid, they are getting an education, food,clothes, shoes, for playing a sport, and if they don't make it pro, they still leave with a degree that they got for free.

Are you for real? So coaches don't work hard, I guess 16-17 hour days aren't enough for you. These coaches and admins worked hard to get to where they are at, they went to school, and worked their way up the chain, so yes they deserve to get paid. No these kids shouldn't get paid, they are getting an education, food,clothes, shoes, for playing a sport, and if they don't make it pro, they still leave with a degree that they got for free.

Lol are YOU for real? I am well aware coaches work hard. I am just saying that kids bust their asses too. Coaches have ALWAYS gotten paid. Now they are making ungodly amounts of money. Student-Athletes have ALWAYS busted their ass and have only ever gotten the scholarship. A scholarship is VERY important but come on.

upload_2017-5-4_10-40-42.png

But yeah ... hard working coaches, admins, and schools deserve sole credit & money.

And laugh-out-loud funny stuff here. So student-athletes shouldn't get paid for playing a sport but Nick Saban should make $11 million coaching one?

Come on man. It's not your money. They don't even deserve a stipend? They deserve NOTHING?

Universities literally will spend MILLIONS OF DOLLARS on bogus things just so they don't have to pay the kids. See: Clemson's nap room.

Lol are YOU for real? I am well aware coaches work hard. I am just saying that kids bust their asses too. Coaches have ALWAYS gotten paid. Now they are making ungodly amounts of money. Student-Athletes have ALWAYS busted their ass and have only ever gotten the scholarship. A scholarship is VERY important but come on.

View attachment 95782

But yeah ... hard working coaches, admins, and schools deserve sole credit & money.

Coaches put in a lot more work than the players do, when these kids are out at parties, or playing ps4, they are are watching film. Ya A scholarship, big deal, ask the parents on here like Bees if they wouldn't mind if their kids got on.

And laugh-out-loud funny stuff here. So student-athletes shouldn't get paid for playing a sport but Nick Saban should make $11 million coaching one?

Come on man. It's not your money. They don't even deserve a stipend? They deserve NOTHING?

Universities literally will spend MILLIONS OF DOLLARS on bogus things just so they don't have to pay the kids. See: Clemson's nap room.

Yes Nick Saban should get million of dollars, you know why, because he went to college, he paid his dues, he worked his way up to the top, to become the best at his profession. How much money do you think the guy was making when he was coaching at Syracuse in the 70
s as basically a poorly paid intern?

Coaches put in a lot more work than the players do, when these kids are out at parties, or playing ps4, they are are watching film. Ya A scholarship, big deal, ask the parents on here like Bees if they wouldn't mind if their kids got on.
My son's too busy studying, watching game film, lifting, etc to be partying and playing on his PS4. He's been taking 16-17 hours a semester since he got there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom