Sloan out for the year | Syracusefan.com

Sloan out for the year

Hardship Waiver? Can he be a Super Freshman now next year?

Only if he had a legit injury that kept him from playing last year which isn't the case IIRC.

I understand that medical redshirts are not awarded until your senior year. Michigan is in the same position with Devin Gardner.

it was a non-contact injury and in go's post knuckleheads are complaining that we have to much contact or whatsoever

He lost a lot of weight over the summer and was primed to contribute as part of the two deep this season. What a shame. You are right, it is good to have the JUCO DTs on the roster.

The big question in my mind is, does this injury prompt the staff to move Goggins from DE back to DT full time? If so, I think we see a big drop off at DE. Based on what I have seen, he is easily our best all around DE. Hate to waste that athletic ability at DT.

He lost a lot of weight over the summer and was primed to contribute as part of the two deep this season. What a shame. You are right, it is good to have the JUCO DTs on the roster.

The big question in my mind is, does this injury prompt the staff to move Goggins from DE back to DT full time? If so, I think we see a big drop off at DE. Based on what I have seen, he is easily our best all around DE. Hate to waste that athletic ability at DT.
Agree Tom big loss with Sloan. I thought that he looked very solid at the spring game and was excited to see him this year. My hope is that he takes the year to recover and to build his body into shape as he has a chance to be a very good player for us. As to Goggins i think he will stay at DE for now especially if we want our best four guys on the field. Goggins Sharpe Crume Bromley

I hope somebody steps up in the backup DT spot so they don't have to move anyone. Maybe Shaf will just flip people around depending on circumstance/situations and resting X amount of players? I have high hopes for this young man and I wish him well on his way to recovering from this. I have to admit I originally hoped he was going to be an O-lineman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom