sloan | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

sloan

Someone confirm or deny this, but the precedent that comes to mind for me is Eskridge. It's not all of that similar, but it's the closest I can think of.

Eskridge had clearing house issues. I think it was a math class. They red-shirted him this year, and I think the ruling was that if he shows he can handle college in a satisfactory way, he's eligible for next year.

Obviously, I'm not 100% certain if this is correct. But I'm wondering if a similar case would apply to Sloan.

Doesn't each school determine their own eligibility standards?

Aren't there recruits every season that are eligible by NCAA standards, but can't get into SU, who end up playing elsewhere?

If Sloan was mistakenly admitted to SU, I don't think this is an NCAA issue ... especially since he never played in 2011.

It's not like SU used an ineligible player and will be forced to vacate wins. Although I can think of a few losses I'd like wiped off the books. ;)

You are correct about Lloyd and I said it was similar but not the same. The similarity is that he was granted admittance and a scholie and cleared by the NCAA and then after the fact was found not to be eligible due to something which I will call fraudulent. He had to leave SU but nothing was done to the school. Can't remember what happened to him after he left.

Didn't he become SU's biggest fan and mentor a certain AA forward who is currently playing for the Knicks?

Didn't he become SU's biggest fan and mentor a certain AA forward who is currently playing for the Knicks?

You're correct on that too. :)

Doesn't each school determine their own eligibility standards?

Aren't there recruits every season that are eligible by NCAA standards, but can't get into SU, who end up playing elsewhere?

That's an old wives tale. Many schools say they have higher standards than the NCAA, but very very few do. Stanford might be the only one.

How did Tiki Mayben enroll at UMass when he couldn't qualify at SU?

Is that because SU doesn't take partial qualifiers, while other schools do?

Someone confirm or deny this, but the precedent that comes to mind for me is Eskridge. It's not all of that similar, but it's the closest I can think of.

Eskridge had clearing house issues. I think it was a math class. They red-shirted him this year, and I think the ruling was that if he shows he can handle college in a satisfactory way, he's eligible for next year.

Obviously, I'm not 100% certain if this is correct. But I'm wondering if a similar case would apply to Sloan.
Heard that Esk could have played at the end of the year but the coaches weren't going to burn his shirt at that point.

I don't see the NCAA having an issue if his college grades are sufficient. However, I could see SU kicking him out for applying under false pretenses if it is found that he was aware of the inappropriate grade change.

That's an old wives tale. Many schools say they have higher standards than the NCAA, but very very few do. Stanford might be the only one.

Ga tech too... junior knokonkide... he looked at cuse after he didnt qualify for ga tech. instead picked UNC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom