So, Broyld back to QB? | Syracusefan.com

So, Broyld back to QB?

i have no idea but alot of people are pretty adamant that he'll never play qb.

YES! thinking he gets a long hard look. I cannot imagine after what I've seen of him pre SU he doesn't get a shot.

Well certainly HCSS has his opinion. The new OC will be seeing things with unbiased eyes. So we shall see.

We need him at TE assuming he can catch.

If he can make the move it will add a different skill set to the position. That being said, I'm not sure we "need" anything at TE, as in there is nobody there that can play.

Wales, Parris coming off a redshirt, same with Thompson. Foster is an option in two TE sets. With or without Provo, we should be okay at the position.

If he could not grasp the play book at RB what makes you think he could possibly play QB.

Really?? Thompson and Parris aren't good enough for you?

I'm trying to find a place for him and that seems most logical. Not saying he plays in front of them.

i have no idea but alot of people are pretty adamant that he'll never play qb.
Seems to be the same group that's so high on Loeb. Of course Loeb is 1 for 1 passing thanks to Doug & Hackett.

Seems to be the same group that's so high on Loeb. Of course Loeb is 1 for 1 passing thanks to Doug & Hackett.
I bet Marrone only played Nassib, because he knew he'd leave for the NFL after this season. Marrone was only looking out for himself by playing Nassib every down he could.

If he could not grasp the play book at RB what makes you think he could possibly play QB.
Was it the playbook or was it RB responsibilities he had trouble with? He never had to pass protect in highschool because he was too busy running or throwing the ball.
We need him at TE assuming he can catch.
Dave R said his catching was pretty iffy.

Was it the playbook or was it RB responsibilities he had trouble with? He never had to pass protect in highschool because he too busy running or throwing the ball.
Dave R said his catching was pretty iffy.
Maybe Doug didnt like the way he practiced

I hope he gets the chance to focus on QB this offseason. Give him the spring, summer, and next fall to try and be a QB. If he doesn't look like he's gonna cut it, give him the option to move to another position and redshirt him to let him learn it.

I hope he gets the chance to focus on QB this offseason. Give him the spring, summer, and next fall to try and be a QB. If he doesn't look like he's gonna cut it, give him the option to move to another position and redshirt him to let him learn it.
good post. If you have a talent like Ash that can force a D to account for him every play why not give him every chance. He is a major talent we have not seen an athlete like him on O for a very long time. Get him on the field and get the ball in his hands he deserves a chance at QB

good post. If you have a talent like Ash that can force a D to account for him every play why not give him every chance. He is a major talent we have not seen an athlete like him on O for a very long time. Get him on the field and get the ball in his hands he deserves a chance at QB
Thanks. That's what I'm thinking. You may even be willing to give up a little passing, as long as he's adequate and can torture defenses with his legs. This year, KState's QB didn't have the best arm in the world, but made up for it with good decision making and running ability.

Or he was trying to win every game...
In '09 was he not trying to win every game? He gave Nassib some snaps even though Paulus was clearly the better QB that season. He wasn't just playing to win, but was also playing for the future. He didn't do that this season. I don't think it's too far of a stretch to consider that he played Nassib every down for selfish reasons. It's not like we were a national championship caliber team.

All I hear is how much talent this kid has. Then why is it so hard to find a position for him? If he is talented catching the ball, he'd be dong that. If he is talented throwing the ball, he'd be doing that. I think he's running the ball because that's what he's best at. But, we just happen to have some guys ahead of him what are also talented. I'm beginning to think more about seeing him on the defensive side, bulk up and be our pass rusher. All I know is that the coaching better figure it out quick and commit him to a position so he can develop. Otherwise four years are going to pass very quickly and we'll look back and call his situation such a waste of talent.

Or he was trying to win every game...
Uconn 40 -10, L'ville 45 -26, Temple 38 - 20. So you're telling me Marrone/Hackett couldn't have found 2-3 meaningful series to give Loeb in there, somewhere?

There may be a few players that might benefit with the new staff. If player X is now on D it's possible he might now be moved to offense or vice versa or get more playing time then he would have with Marrone/Hackett.

I'd tell you, but I don't think you would be able to grasp it.

I bet Marrone only played Nassib, because he knew he'd leave for the NFL after this season. Marrone was only looking out for himself by playing Nassib every down he could.
Agree. Winning games is such a selfish motivation for a coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom