So Michael Stephens... | Syracusefan.com

So Michael Stephens...

CanadianOrange

Walk On
Everybody always likes to rip on Higgins and Burr...This Stephens to me is the new worst ref for me.
He is a little mini-Ted Valentine...doesn't just want to go out there and do his job and ref the game and make the calls as they come..he flat out is looking to make a call...He made 5 straight foul calls at Notre Dame and was heavy into the calls again tonight. Burr was solid tonight. Higgins made a couple bad calls Saturday, but I thought Stephens made a lot of calls (and a lot of BAD calls at Notre Dame)...he was also the ref who called Fab on the Illegal screen offensive foul strange call at Villanova.

maybe I had too many Christian Morlein Helles, but that is the way I see this guy...Mr "look at me referee".

Everybody always likes to rip on Higgins and Burr...This Stephens to me is the new worst ref for me.
He is a little mini-Ted Valentine...doesn't just want to go out there and do his job and ref the game and make the calls as they come..he flat out is looking to make a call...He made 5 straight foul calls at Notre Dame and was heavy into the calls again tonight. Burr was solid tonight. Higgins made a couple bad calls Saturday, but I thought Stephens made a lot of calls (and a lot of BAD calls at Notre Dame)...he was also the ref who called Fab on the Illegal screen offensive foul strange call at Villanova.

maybe I had too many Christian Morlein Helles, but that is the way I see this guy...Mr "look at me referee".

Ehhhh...still is out of position (for both teams I may add...not playing the homer role). Completely missed the ball bouncing off the Cincy players foot because he was literally 20 feet from where he should have been.

I've been saying Stephens is the worst for about three years

BTW do people not drink crap ass beer anymore? Am I the only one left? PBR? Genny Light? Busch? I mean you are really missing out people.

I agree. Higgins and Burr aren't that bad - they are just higher profile and older than the others. Personally I think refs like Stephens, Hess and Cahill are marginal despite being younger and less known.

BTW do people not drink crap ass beer anymore? Am I the only one left? PBR? Genny Light? Busch? I mean you are really missing out people.

Missing out on the backdoor trots the next morning maybe. Haha

Stephens is one of the worst young refs out there, but he didn't do the Notre Dame game. Roberts, I think.

And Jim Burr is a disgrace.

Refs were FAR BETTER than they were at Notre Dame. The only real missed call was the ball off the foot of the Cinci guy, but I won't even harp on that call that much because it was very difficult to see from where the ref was standing.

Don't even get me started on the Notre Dame game again. WOWOWOWOWOWOW.

Missing out on the backdoor trots the next morning maybe. Haha

When asked why I drink those beers my comment is always "I dont drink it because its cheap, I drink it because it tastes good."

Refs were FAR BETTER than they were at Notre Dame. The only real missed call was the ball off the foot of the Cinci guy, but I won't even harp on that call that much because it was very difficult to see from where the ref was standing.

This wasn't one of the worst-reffed games, but that first-half held ball call on Joseph was pretty bad; he got hacked across the arms by two guys as he drove. And the Cincinnati player made pretty obvious contact with Triche when he was airborne for the lay-up. That's a really dangerous play, and the official was right there.

This wasn't one of the worst-reffed games, but that first-half held ball call on Joseph was pretty bad; he got hacked across the arms by two guys as he drove. And the Cincinnati player made pretty obvious contact with Triche when he was airborne for the lay-up. That's a really dangerous play, and the official was right there.
not only that, he let the play go and then just waved at Triche to "get up" as UC inbounded and went he other way...if the guy didn't hit triche, then cool but it looked like he did.

Triche made a comment post game that he was grazed slightly, but he's always cautious going up for layups and being undercut since his ACL injury. So it might have been a mental thing. I don't think he was really hit that hard.

As with 690, I've been screaming about Stephens for years. Him and James Breeding are the new class of gawdawful refs. That said, I absolutely loved the way the refs called the game tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom